Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Zacha-Hughes-Palmieri
Coleman-Zajac-Frolik
Wood-McLeod-Anderson

What say you?

I'm not 100% on board with moving Zacha to wing nor am I in love with McLeod but I don't mind this lineup. Two scoring lines, the best third line in the league (probably) and a fast disruptive 4th line.

mcleod wood bastian and possibly a guy like perry.. if we can sign him we need a bit of size. can't have 11 175 pound forwards running around

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I don't see why it's 'weird' that Nashville immediately flipped that pick for more picks - Nashville traded 34 for 45 and 65. 55 is very clearly not worth that.
Shero is probably the worst trading GM in the business as he traded #55 for #82 and #91 instead of #45 and #65. :sarcasm:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Because it seems every single person is undervaluing that cap space. 9 Mil per for 3 years is a lot to absorb.

Two 2nd rounders, 2 D prospects and getting rid of 9 million in cap space for 3 years is no small package in my opinion.

Nashville obviously couldn't take any money coming back to meet their needs so any deal was most likely going to be picks and prospects...We gave up 4 assets plus took on the total 27 million. I don't think that is peanuts.
Correction: 24.2 million. Santini is under contract.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I can’t for the life of me understands any devils fan wanting Corey Perry of all players. An already unlikeable character who is now injury prone in his mid-30’s, can’t skate for shit, doesn’t produce, and was just bought out by the only team he’s ever played for. That’s a piece people think is gonna bring value? Lol

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
was this posted? From Friedman's 31 thoughts:

10. Here was Taylor Hall’s text message to Shero after the Subban trade:
white-heavy-check-mark_2705.png

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I thought maybe Vonn was from New York or something, but it turns out she's from Minnesota. Still, nice to see her and P.K. seem so excited. If Hall stays maybe the "nobody wants to play in Jersey" thing can die.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I thought maybe Vonn was from New York or something, but it turns out she's from Minnesota. Still, nice to see her and P.K. seem so excited. If Hall stays maybe the "nobody wants to play in Jersey" thing can die.
9M a year buys a LOT of shopping in the NYC metro area :nod:

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I can’t for the life of me understands any devils fan wanting Corey Perry of all players. An already unlikeable character who is now injury prone in his mid-30’s, can’t skate for ****, doesn’t produce, and was just bought out by the only team he’s ever played for. That’s a piece people think is gonna bring value? Lol

I think a perry like player... anyone that can't appreciate that yes the regular season its all skill but the playoffs takes toughness and grit etc. doesn't know hockey... perry specificially may not be the right fit... but someone like him that can play a heavy game with some piss is still needed.. . there is a reason teams that are easy to play against don't make the playoffs.. hischier, bratt, hughes, palmeri, coleman, boqvuist, .... butcher, greene, smith,, etc.. great skill yes.. will get runover in playoffs all day.. this team is not a finished product .. subban a great start.. unless they think mcloed and bastian are ready for sure.. both play hard and are large men.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I totally get the physicality element and playing with an edge, especially in playoffs. Perry just isn't the guy or Ducks wouldn't have cut him loose the way they did. He just can't keep up with this team at this point, can't skate.

I still think Ferland could work for bringing that element and chipping in a bit on offense. His price shouldn't be crazy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Perry could be okay still, he just wasn't worth anywhere near his current salary/cap hit. That's why the Ducks cut him loose.

I wouldn't really sign him though, but I do think he could still have a little bit left in the tank.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Not a moderator, just think most of this conversation could/should be in the Team Discussion

That way more people can find these debates if they are looking for them

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not a moderator, just think most of this conversation could/should be in the Team Discussion

That way more people can find these debates if they are looking for them
Agreed and I've been a little guilty of this the last couple days as well. Mostly just because I've posted things in reply to others and not even noticing the thread was the Subban one.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009

Taylor ham. Diners. Jughandles. Gas attendants. Attitude.
Welcome to New Jersey.
The Garden State isn’t know for glitz. It’s cities? Trenton, Paterson, Newark, Atlantic City and Jersey City. Nobody is doing a Norman Rockwell based on those skylines. New Jersey is often overlooked and undervalued, seen as New York’s bratty stepchild. Bad disposition and all.
Enter P.K. Subban.
In Jersey, people wake up angry. By game time, it’s a full-on rage. Everything is fueled by an underdog mentality, a toughness developed from driving on the Turnpike.
Made me laugh, love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad