P.K Subban Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Do not sign him long term. A short deal then if he proves his worth, sign long term. He hasn't shown me enough yet to say he deserves a long term contract. 2 years does not a career make.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Right as proven by Boston trading a 1st and Colborne for him(I'm sure they knew him well from the 8 head to head games a year) and Carolina giving him 3 years at 4.25 mil(I'm sure Rutherford didn't watch him play for Boston).

:shakehead

He didn't help the Bruins pp at all during that Cup run and was useless for them

Rutherford said it was a big mistake signing him a week prior to the trade with us

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Kaberle is soft as butter. Bench warmer is how to use him properly. Diaz and Weber and Cube can suck up the extra minutes until PK signs his new contract.

Oh and I forgot Commodore 64 :cry:

...and Boston won a cup with him as soft as butter. LA won with Penner. There are tons of soft players around the NHL. The key is to not have a team full of them.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
...and Boston won a cup with him as soft as butter. LA won with Penner. There are tons of soft players around the NHL. The key is to not have a team full of them.

Right - was hardly a factor and they could not wait to get him out of town.

Only PG would have had interest after his big contract and play in Carolina.

He will be bought out next summer. Book it.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He didn't help the Bruins pp at all during that Cup run and was useless for them

Rutherford said it was a big mistake signing him a week prior to the trade with us
He helped something, he played regular minutes and led their d-men in scoring and was +8 over 25 games. He had 5 PP assists which was 2.5 times what anybody else on the team had.

Rutherford said it to light a fire under him because he showed up 12lbs overweight. Not because he is/was a bad player. From reports Kaberle came in in top shape so that's a non issue.

hogtownhabsfan*

Outside of Diaz PK is our only RH defenseman, and our most exciting skater. I think we can all agree that this situation sucks.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
We have way too many

Something that people cannot get through their head apparently.

If the following is our D, then we are way too soft!

Emelin-Markov
Gorges-Diaz
Kaberle-Bouillon

Too small. Too soft and one of the worst D corps in the league.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I doubt his father told him to have no self-respect either, i'm sure his father also told him to believe in himself...why do you assume he's being greedy?

Why don't you assume he just wants to get compensated for what HE thinks is fair?

We as fans shouldn't intertwine what we want as fans...with what a player thinks he sould be compensated for his services.

Contracts are between team and player...not between player/fan & team/fan

Not to sound like an ass...but this doesn't concern you.

You clearly missed the point of my post. Where did I say PK himself was being greedy. (I was in fact suggesting the opposite.)

I was saying that it looks like Meehan encouraging to ask for more than PK might be cool with.

I ASSUME that PK realizes what is fair. As you said, negotiations don't produce necessarily fair results. If things are at a standstill, it's because PK's camp is asking for what is, to most of us, unfair to the team. And WE are Habs fans who want to see this guy on the ice ASAP. Imagine what other fans (who at the very least don't have a bias towards liking him) would think of the kind of overpayment he's asking for!

Not to sound like an ass, but, how exactly does this then concern...you?

Also it does concern me in the sense that the fact that this negotiation is taking so long is negatively impacting my life and should we lose Saturday, will VERY much so.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
He helped something, he played regular minutes and led their d-men in scoring and was +8 over 25 games. He had 5 PP assists which was 2.5 times what anybody else on the team had.

Rutherford said it to light a fire under him because he showed up 12lbs overweight. Not because he is/was a bad player. From reports Kaberle came in in top shape so that's a non issue.

A friend of mine is a season ticket holder in Boston and said Kaberle was consistently Boston's worst defender that year.

Analyzer*

With rumours/reports that Kulikov and Benn have re-signed hopefully Subban feels pressure to re-sign as there's only he and O'Reilly of any significance left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad