P.K Subban Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
its what they said on L'Anti-Chambre yesterday but could be speculation im not sure

Well, it's AC, I don't think I need to say much..

My point was, even if they're right, I don't see it as a problem. We have overpaid a multitude of players over the years, none of which were ever as good as PK.
Now, if PK got this huge deal, he might not be completely worth it this year, but I'm pretty sure he'll be well worth it by next season.

I understand Bergevin though, he's just trying to squeeze out cash from PK. But I feel he's playing a very dangerous game if they are 3M apart in terms of yearly salary.
I get that you don't want a player to overrate himself, but at the same time, you don't want management to underrate you either. If all they offered was 3M for 2y to PK, then I can see him feeling insulted.

wasnt talking about picks, if PHX called and offered OEL + for Subban for example i would jump all over it,dont get me wrong i agree with everything u say but hes not untouchable

Well that depends on what the ''+'' is, but then I don't understand why Phx would do that. And, if we follow the reasoning on these boards, next year, once OEL's contract runs out and he'd be in negotiation, if he keeps progressing and has a great year, we'd have to trade him because he might be asking the same type of cash PK is.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
i love how we nickle and dime on franchise like players yet we don't give much of a 2nd thought if we overpay on 3rd and 4th liners.

Sadly this needs to be restated.

edit: it all boils down to if you believe PK is a Franchise Player or not. He is already one of the faces of the franchise, anything south of 6mill seems reasonable in my eyes for what he brings to this team both on and off the ice

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Subban should sign a two year contract just like Price did. That shows his team player spirit.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Get him 4yrs, 18m

Done deal and we move to the next topic.

Not that it matters much but here's my take. :) I'd rather he get a 2-3 year deal now without buying up UFA years and then sign long term after.. If that's not an option for Subban just sign him for the max 8 years now.. Signing him for 4 years right now takes him to UFA and I don't want to risk him walking that soon.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It's at the point now where it's time to $hit or get off the pot.

I can't imagine this going on much longer than the next day or two.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
No discussion today between the Canadiens and PK Subban agent, Don Meehan.

and here we go

PunkinDrublic*

i wonder if Bergevin would of traded PK if it wasnt for hes popularity in MTL,im sure some GM's would overpay for him.Hes young,great on the ice and good for marketing

Wow, sounds like someone the Habs could use.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I cant beleive some of you want PK gone. Let me pose this question when was the last time we had a player as dynamic as him, when was the last time we had pmd that could play both ends of the ice like him?

Some of you are peeved that he wont sign because mdz signed a 2 year 5.5 million dollar deal. PK deserves much more than that, mdz has had one good year after spending is sophomore year in the AHL when PK was playing 25 a night. PK is already a top 20 defesman in the league at the age of 23, and some of you want to trade him because of this and I find it unbelievable.

Im not even going to get into this whole debate wether he is liked or disrespectful because I personally do not care if he is or isnt. He our best defensman and if he is not signed it will set this team back further than it already is.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Well, it's AC, I don't think I need to say much..

My point was, even if they're right, I don't see it as a problem. We have overpaid a multitude of players over the years, none of which were ever as good as PK.
Now, if PK got this huge deal, he might not be completely worth it this year, but I'm pretty sure he'll be well worth it by next season.

I understand Bergevin though, he's just trying to squeeze out cash from PK. But I feel he's playing a very dangerous game if they are 3M apart in terms of yearly salary.
I get that you don't want a player to overrate himself, but at the same time, you don't want management to underrate you either. If all they offered was 3M for 2y to PK, then I can see him feeling insulted.

Well that depends on what the ''+'' is, but then I don't understand why Phx would do that. And, if we follow the reasoning on these boards, next year, once OEL's contract runs out and he'd be in negotiation, if he keeps progressing and has a great year, we'd have to trade him because he might be asking the same type of cash PK is.
PHX needs a fan base and Subban could help alot more then OEL and they're pretty equal on age and potentiel,but thats the type of trade u rarely see from GM's since it could turn out pretty bad if one busts.Either way its not about the money i was just wondering if Bergevin would of tried the market if it wasnt for hes popularity in montreal.One thing is for sure,speculation or not hes no Doughty and doesnt deserve hes contract yet.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
wasnt talking about picks, if PHX called and offered OEL + for Subban for example i would jump all over it,dont get me wrong i agree with everything u say but hes not untouchable

I really don't want to trade Subban but OEL is one of the few replacements I'd move for depending on what the "+" is. I don't see it happening though because Subban and Ekman-Larsson are too comparable to give something else up for. Probably neither side would risk that.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
PK must have been fairly unreasonable on some major deails of the contracts given Bergevin's reluctance last summer and then now..

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
he will be signed before the first game.. im not worried.. in fact the only thing i am worried about is that i will need to change my avatar once he does sign

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
People keep mentioning the Price and Pacioretty signings, but forget that Price signed a 2-yr bridge deal the summer Halak beat him out for the no 1 job, carried us into the ECF and then got traded. Even then he got $5.5 over 2.

Pacioretty was coming off his breakout half season that was cut short and there was speculation on how good he'd be coming back. So they signed him to a 2 yr deal.

PK has been our no 1 or 2 dman for the past 2 years. I would also rather see him get a bridge deal but I don't think the Price/Pacioretty comparisons are totally fair.

I wouldn't hesitate to sign him long term...the only question to me is this - will he be a no 2-3 d man who eats minutes and puts up 35-45 pts or will he be a no 1-2 d man who will eat minutes and 50-60+?

For now, I'd say give him 5 x 5. Might be a whole lot better than the deal he'd get if he signs for 2 yrs and puts up 50-60 (pro-rated) pts a year...that would be a 8 x 7 type of deal...

hogtownhabsfan*

PK must have been fairly unreasonable on some major deails of the contracts given Bergevin's reluctance last summer and then now..

It really needs to be made clear that PKs agent is the one doing the negotiating, and Meehan is a notorious hardass.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
On TSN's That's Hockey tonight they said Subban and the Habs are far apart. The Habs want a short term deal while Subban wants the security of a long term contract.

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
On TSN's That's Hockey tonight they said Subban and the Habs are far apart. The Habs want a short term deal while Subban wants the security of a long term contract.

See this is something that makes no sense.

Everyone agrees on the abilities of Subban. Everyone agrees that he's a great player who has a bright future.

So if I'm PK, and I know this is the case. I know that I'm on the upswing. Why is it such a big deal to sign a 2 year deal? I mean does he expect to take a major nose diving within those 2 years? Is he going to go the Redden route?

Something's amiss. We definitely don't have the whole picture.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
See this is something that makes no sense.

Everyone agrees on the abilities of Subban. Everyone agrees that he's a great player who has a bright future.

So if I'm PK, and I know this is the case. I know that I'm on the upswing. Why is it such a big deal to sign a 2 year deal? I mean does he expect to take a major nose diving within those 2 years? Is he going to go the Redden route?

Something's amiss. We definitely don't have the whole picture.

The easy argument being, ' what if I get injured?'

Habtchum*

If it's the case... See you next September, PK ! Habs will have better chances to miss the playoffs and getva better pick in the 1st round.

Myron Gaines*

Why the heck would P.K Subban worry about term security at his age?

Wouldn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad