Ownership Saga: Deal is sealed (Read post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 12, 2003
They only place those papers on some of the available seats in order to provide a selection in each area. They do the same online. If you were to look at season ticket availability on the web page, you would think the place is almost sold out.

They still call me once a week asking what my plans are for this season. There is another open house this Thursday night.

Yes and no. I've been to these events in the past, especially a number over the past 4 years, where there were tons of papers available on the seats all over the arena. It's reasonable to expect that season ticket sales are up given the ownership situation being resolved and what might be attributed as a rebound year after losing to the eventual Cup champs in the WCF.

When I purchased my tickets a week ago there had been a pretty drastic decrease in the seats available compared to 3-4 weeks ago which prompted my haste.

This season has all the makings of being a really strong attendance season for the Coyotes. If they can build a solid STH base and get people to the game during the weekdays they will look much better than they have since Walt and JR donned the Coyotes sweater.

ssmatik

Jul 13, 2007
West Side
Yes and no. I've been to these events in the past, especially a number over the past 4 years, where there were tons of papers available on the seats all over the arena. It's reasonable to expect that season ticket sales are up given the ownership situation being resolved and what might be attributed as a rebound year after losing to the eventual Cup champs in the WCF.

When I purchased my tickets a week ago there had been a pretty drastic decrease in the seats available compared to 3-4 weeks ago which prompted my haste.

This season has all the makings of being a really strong attendance season for the Coyotes. If they can build a solid STH base and get people to the game during the weekdays they will look much better than they have since Walt and JR donned the Coyotes sweater.

I suspect the numbers will be pretty good as well. I'm rolling the dice and hoping I can get in to most games at or near the STH price. I'm hoping that my first year off as a STH in 10 years will help me break the bad luck I've had the last three years with seat selection.

:yo:

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
My third year as a STH since moving here. I always thought this team just needed stable ownership. And the rest would fall in place. There are plenty of Hockey Fans here who care about his team. Just show them your making an attempt to put a decent product together and they will support this team.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
My third year as a STH since moving here. I always thought this team just needed stable ownership. And the rest would fall in place. There are plenty of Hockey Fans here who care about his team. Just show them your making an attempt to put a decent product together and they will support this team.

Well, we have been making the attempt the past two or three years with some small successes.

I think it is a dual situation - you don't feel great about plunking down money for season tickets b/c of fears related to ownership. But you feel alright about a limited package of games. Now that ownership settled, and it is pretty clear that the team has received a major upgrade in talent through additions and keeping old players, a far greater number of seats will be taken up. Only fear is that the people who are let's say, Canucks supporters, buy STHs and guarantee games for themselves and other Canadian teams about 11 times per year. They don't show up to other games and may or may not try to sell their tickets, which makes it look like the arena is empty, when in fact, the tickets have been paid for the entire time. The trolls will continue to troll in that regard, but we are at least getting the money for the bottom line.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So has anyone heard anything about how the parking is gonna go down? I bugged my ticket guy about it today but didn't get much out of him.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
My rep said that as soon as she knew she would tell us, but that we will be paying something for parking and there should be some sort of STH pack we can purchase.

problably :help:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Only fear is that the people who are let's say, Canucks supporters, buy STHs and guarantee games for themselves and other Canadian teams about 11 times per year. They don't show up to other games and may or may not try to sell their tickets, which makes it look like the arena is empty, when in fact, the tickets have been paid for the entire time. The trolls will continue to troll in that regard, but we are at least getting the money for the bottom line.

tumblr_lriaismIO51qb972po1_500.gif

Team's not really in a position to pick and choose who it sells to, and who are we to tell someone they aren't allowed to buy a product they don't plan to use? Personally, I like it when rich people don't show up to games, because if they're not going to use their seat on the glass, I sure as heck will ...

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Personally, I like it when rich people don't show up to games, because if they're not going to use their seat on the glass, I sure as heck will ...
You a fan of sitting that close? I got a front row seat once last season through the Student Rush program. It was an awesome experience, no doubt about that, but I wouldn't love it every game. I much prefer the expansive view of upper bowl center ice (either behind net or on center red line).

Feb 12, 2003
If I can have any seats in the house I pick center ice behind the Coyotes bench about 15 rows up. If you get too close you lose a lot of perspective and view of the ice. The closer you get is exciting at that part, but it's equally unexciting the opposite end of the ice.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
So I did some playing around and I came across this:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/jobingc...istid=1379637&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=103

I usually pay to park in Lot G. It use to be $10 and now its $20 and valet is $30 when it used to be $20. So reading between the lines, I think parking will be $10 in the regular lots. But I imagine they will sell full parking strips to season ticket holders like the Dbacks do for some sort of a discount.

Under the drop down menu, they have the lots listed so the prices may vary.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
So I did some playing around and I came across this:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/jobingc...istid=1379637&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=103

I usually pay to park in Lot G. It use to be $10 and now its $20 and valet is $30 when it used to be $20. So reading between the lines, I think parking will be $10 in the regular lots. But I imagine they will sell full parking strips to season ticket holders like the Dbacks do for some sort of a discount.

Under the drop down menu, they have the lots listed so the prices may vary.
I'm ok with paying to park, I'm just hoping against hope they set it up so traffic moves quickly. It's going to suck to get there and then sit in line for 15 minutes just to park.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I arrived in April when things were down to sticks and stems, so if the gift shop has home jerseys for sale, that'll be enough for me to immediately walk in and say, ‘Wow, I see a difference."

I hope Craig McTavish gets the WIN job in 3 years when he's fired from EDM.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I hope Craig McTavish gets the WIN job in 3 years when he's fired from EDM.
I don't, Chevy's our guy :D

Oh, and congrats guys on the team staying. I'm coming down for the Jets vs Coyotes game in April, maybe do some golfing, take in a Suns game.

We could meet up for some brewski's. :D

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
Now that we have an owner, can we please clean up the embarrassing Future Coyotes page on the website? Alexei Kaigorodov is 30 ****ing years old, clean that crap up. I don't even know who Dimitri Pestunov is and he's 28. I can at least remember Kaigorodov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad