Ownership Saga: Deal is sealed (Read post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Anybody in Phoenix have one? I'd think of ordering it, but I suspect that the adhesive might not do so well in the extreme heat.

That was my hesitation, as well. Also, while I'd pay $25 bucks for it (assuming it's AZ proof), I don't think I can bring myself to pay $25 bucks PLUS whatever amount for shipping and handling. Factor in tax+S&H and you're looking at more like $40 bucks. That's a lot for what it is. If they sell them in the local sports merchandise stores for $30, I'd pick one up.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
That was my hesitation, as well. Also, while I'd pay $25 bucks for it (assuming it's AZ proof), I don't think I can bring myself to pay $25 bucks PLUS whatever amount for shipping and handling. Factor in tax+S&H and you're looking at more like $40 bucks. That's a lot for what it is. If they sell them in the local sports merchandise stores for $30, I'd pick one up.

Use the code: shipfree . $25 is all ya pay.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Glad for you guys that you are able to keep the franchise in PHX. Hope there is success for the Coyotes going ahead, you sure do deserve it after all the drama.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Hopefully the Devils fans don't have to go through the same thing we just went through.

Gonna be hilarious to watch some people make huge logic leaps to argue that the Devils shouldn't be relocated while the Coyotes should.

Yep to both of these.

Just started reading the thread in BoH. The vultures are already picking at em pretty good. Now they know how we felt :rant:

Also on a side note, Kovalchuck retiring suddenly makes a lot of sense now.

Last edited:

pfp

Sep 4, 2007

No tax and there are coupon codes available for free shipping such as "shipfree". I ordered yesterday and my grand total was $24.95. I don't have it yet but will post the results of how well it stays on the window. This was a concern for me too but I figured for $25 I can give it a shot.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
So Is gary bettman a folk hero down in phx? Because he should be.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

He and Daly got a standing 'O' at Glendale Council. I remember Predators fans did something similar after his genuine efforts to keep that franchise in Nashville.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

I think the majority of people that regularly boo Bettman in arenas don't really understand why they do so. It's largely pack behavior.

Why don't those same fans boo their team owners at every opportunity also? At the end of the day Bettman works for all the owners and any unpopular decision he "makes" represents a majority of team owners backing him.

It's easier for fans to target the figurehead of the league, and a major part of Bettman's job is being the lightning rod for the owners.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

He wants something to write about. That's it. That's his job. He bashes the Coyotes because it's an easy subject to write about because everyone finds the potential demise of a big enterprise. It's okay, we've got at least 5 more years of hockey, we'll cross that other bridge when we come to it.

On a side note, forget Gibs. We've got our intelligent and drop dead gorgeous Sarah McLellan for AZ Central, and she is one of the biggest Coyotes fans in Arizona. She and Craig Morgan are the only writers I pay attention to.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't understand the hate for the out clause. Sure as a Coyotes fan I'd love to have a "guarantee" of hockey for the next 15 seasons. The ownership group are covering their *****; losing $50m is not a smart business plan regardless of any potential future benefits in my opinion, so I don't for a second believe that they're going to not try. I am of the opinion that without a clause like that, there simply would have been no non-pretenders interested in purchasing the franchise (I almost said "no one" but then we ended up having pretenders like Greg Jamison, so I changed the verbage).

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
That's why he's so bitter. He can't hack it in Chicago because he sucks. They won't have him. The Phoenix market is like AA and Chicago is the Show. He's a wash out.

I always thought he was bitter because of his stupid haircut.

twominutes

Apr 10, 2012
wasnt the biggest reason for the out clause that it was required by lenders ???
or am i mistaken about that

twominutes

Apr 10, 2012
if you read the bickley article sprinkled in are some positive things, but he is physically unable to not take a few shots , i used to find him entertaining but now just dont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad