Ownership Saga: Deal is sealed (Read post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
The last owner (before the NHL) didn't have an out clause and look how that turned out. Doesn't really matter.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The last owner (before the NHL) didn't have an out clause and look how that turned out. Doesn't really matter.

Of course seeing that I have said many times before the current owner of the Preds has an outclause(once reffered to as an exit clause) though that clause for the Preds is different. The question still remains is will the new ownership see to it that we are never in this mess again? Alot has to happen in order for this to work right but most of it is on their shoulders.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
I just think someone should print this thread and hand it to those AZ republic salespeople at the games so they know why we tell them off when they try to sell us their rag

Glad to see the deal sealed, and looking forward to coming back to the BoH forums without getting infractions
:laugh:

Feb 12, 2003
I put my money where mouth was today and got a pair of tickets for the 21 game package this season. It looks like a great package as I can get to all of the weekend games and a couple of other key games. I'm really looking forward to opening night this year. Last year there was excitement to give Doan a standing-O for resigning (as if he needed a reason). This year really feels like a new beginning entirely.

I would urge anyone who has not purchased some seats to do so as the availability is decreasing. We've got owners now, they have invested in us so it's our turn to invest in them.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Last year's opening night entry fiasco is what I remember most. Barely got in in time to see the division banner unfurled.
Oh that was bad. Late start and long lines. ...
I was filled with mixed emotions. If I remember it right, the lines were really long and they formed quite early. The delay in getting in worried me, but I loved the turn out.

Looks like ticketmaster says tickets for the home opener go on sale Sept. 9th. Can that be right? I got a call from the Yotes organization last week and I thought the woman was trying to talk me into buy tickets on the 22nd or so of this month.
:dunno:

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I was filled with mixed emotions. If I remember it right, the lines were really long and they formed quite early. The delay in getting in worried me, but I loved the turn out.

Looks like ticketmaster says tickets for the home opener go on sale Sept. 9th. Can that be right? I got a call from the Yotes organization last week and I thought the woman was trying to talk me into buy tickets on the 22nd or so of this month.
:dunno:

From the sound of it, that's when they go on sale. I think you can buy full price right now

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
It's weird. The last 4-5 years I've been coming here pretty much everyday to check on the ownership situation. Now it's done, I feel like a little, tiny piece of my life is missing lol. I come here and don't know what I'm looking for exactly. It'll be nice to just come here and talk hockey and not wonder if that new poster is just waiting for his chance to **** on Phoenix.

It still seems surreal that it's over.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
The Coyotes web site shows season tickets and 21 game plans on sale now. 13 game plans are on sale the 12th and 5 game plans go on sale the 22nd. Single game, tickets according to Ticketmaster today, go on sale 5 Sep.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
It's weird. The last 4-5 years I've been coming here pretty much everyday to check on the ownership situation. Now it's done, I feel like a little, tiny piece of my life is missing lol. I come here and don't know what I'm looking for exactly. It'll be nice to just come here and talk hockey and not wonder if that new poster is just waiting for his chance to **** on Phoenix.

It still seems surreal that it's over.

I just love that we have the Coyotes for 5 more years. I freakin' love it. We have them, and so many other markets don't. For five more years. Judging by the # of posts some other threads get, you'd think we only have them for five more weeks. And I love that. What have there been... about ten thousand posts since the sale closed talking about how it's a 99.997% certainty they are through here and opting out? That the moving vans are heading to QC? How no one is going to go to a game now because we already know the team is moving in five years? How Dan Bickley is the greatest person to ever cobble a column on hockey? So insightful and keen?

I LOVE those posts; they crack me up. Like it's a "BAD THING" we have the team for five more years and they don't; like that's a BAD THING... THAT's funny...

of course there's no guarantees but god willing, I can look ahead to the opportunities to attend at least another 215 NHL home games in MY arena. Maybe I'll get even luckier and be able to enjoy some playoff games as well.

Yeah, five more years of hockey...such a bad thing...

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
The Coyotes web site shows season tickets and 21 game plans on sale now. 13 game plans are on sale the 12th and 5 game plans go on sale the 22nd. Single game, tickets according to Ticketmaster today, go on sale 5 Sep.

I just paid for our 13-game plan on Thursday. I can't report on other sections, but our ticket price in upper level sides is nominally $5 higher than last season. Our tickets in last season's 12-game pack were $26 per game. This season, they use a tiered pricing structure, with 25 'traditional' games priced at $31, and the remaining 'value' and 'premium' games priced at $26 and $36, respectively.

Regarding what constitutes a premium and value games, the Canucks, Blackhawks, and even the Flames command the higher ticket price, while Thursday games against the Blue Jackets and Islanders are predictably priced in the low bracket. Even though it's a Tuesday game, I was surprised to learn that the vaunted Kings are a value-priced opponent.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but to those of you living in the Phoenix area, what is the buzz around the Coyotes there like? Are people aware now that the team is staying?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Good article on Gosbee. Did his homework, not just a wrangled whale:

.... Gosbee said it seemed like it might be the right deal. His next call was to Dey, a friend and business associate, who still has a yellowed 1989 front page of the Calgary Herald from the day the Calgary Flames won the Stanley Cup taped to the door of his childhood bedroom in his parents’ home.

Gosbee reached him in Houston, where he was involved in the gas industry.

“He said, ‘I have a crazy idea. I came across the Ice Edge guys, Anthony and Daryl, who have been looking at this for a long time. Do you want to go down to Phoenix and check it out?’ ” Dey recalled.

“I said, ‘Are you crazy? The Phoenix Coyotes? I mean, haven’t they been losing money? Didn’t they go into bankruptcy?’ He said, ‘Yeah, but I think it’s worthwhile,’ ” Dey said.

Dey agreed and met with Gosbee and LeBlanc in Glendale. They met again with the Coyotes executives and players. They caught a couple of games. There was still a buzz in the arena.

They went back to their corners of North America to consider what they had seen. Later, the four principals spoke by phone.

Gosbee and Dey said they were impressed enough to consider the deal further.

They agreed to dispatch Dey to Glendale again to conduct a full-on investigative financial analysis of the team.

“I came back out here and spent a week in a data room, grinding through all the fun stuff like financial statements, forecasts, budgets and putting together our own pro forma on the team,” Dey said.

Gosbee and Dey liked what they saw and told LeBlanc and Jones that they were in. By early March, the principals went to New York to meet with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to let him know they wanted to submit a bid.

The potential investors came across as well-organized and dedicated to putting together a deal, Bettman said.

“My impression was that if they could deliver on everything they were talking about, this was going to be good,” he said....

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/20130808glendale-coyotes-hockey-passion.html

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
IS anyone gonna tweet at LeBlanc today? He is going to be on the Coyotes official Twitter feed for an hour I think, open to fans questions. I already tweeted him a few.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=429813

Maybe there were a few surprises. Gosbee arrived at his Glendale office Wednesday to find flowers sent from a fan on his desk. When he was leaving an Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game, a police officer stopped him just to say thank you.

MOD EDIT: way off-topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
LeBlanc seems to have a good sense of humor in his Twitter responses.

Mayo Taco Monday

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My company just received a mailer from the coyotes for season ticket purchase. Never seen one of those before for the coyotes. First sign of the new marketing push that I have seen.

NHLfan4life

Who is PKP???
Nov 22, 2010
Glendale
My company just received a mailer from the coyotes for season ticket purchase. Never seen one of those before for the coyotes. First sign of the new marketing push that I have seen.

I was just going to ask, has anyone heard about how ticket sales are going after the ownership announcement? Positive? Negative? My rep said there was a huge bump after the sale was announced but not sure if I want to trust his word.

What's the word on the street?

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I was just going to ask, has anyone heard about how ticket sales are going after the ownership announcement? Positive? Negative? My rep said there was a huge bump after the sale was announced but not sure if I want to trust his word.

What's the word on the street?

According to Anthony Leblanc yesterday, they are considering many different packages. I would like to see the attendance rates this year, have a good feeling.

huhwhtfkr

Aug 21, 2010
i didnt go to the last open house but i heard from a friend that the lowers were pretty much snapped up(they designate open seats with a paper listing the seat number and pricing, you grab it and give it to a rep.) he said it was sparse down there. i would think the uppers went faster as they usually do. 3rd hand scuttlebutt i know but thats the word i got.

ssmatik

Jul 13, 2007
West Side
i didnt go to the last open house but i heard from a friend that the lowers were pretty much snapped up(they designate open seats with a paper listing the seat number and pricing, you grab it and give it to a rep.) he said it was sparse down there. i would think the uppers went faster as they usually do. 3rd hand scuttlebutt i know but thats the word i got.

They only place those papers on some of the available seats in order to provide a selection in each area. They do the same online. If you were to look at season ticket availability on the web page, you would think the place is almost sold out.

They still call me once a week asking what my plans are for this season. There is another open house this Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad