Owen Sound Attack 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
I definitely wouldn't be upset if Crawford and Nansi saw game action. From what I saw on Saturday, both players are going to make a serious push to be regulars this season. I feel like the initial games this year will see the vets play and the rookies will need to force their way in. The 07 forwards are going to make life difficult for the other players as they look really good so far. It's super early obviously but I'm really impressed with the draft class so far with Addy, Crawford, Nansi, Smith, Ethier and Matejicek all looking good in camp. Chafe and Brennan appear to be facing the most heat from the rookies in my opinion.

Crawford and Nansi both look like they could be plugged into the lineup and be ready to go. I was surprised how physical Crawford played on Saturday. He got knocked around a bit but didn't shy away and delivered his share of hits. Both he and Nansi showed skill and IQ that bode really well moving forward. Crawford needs to add weight but super intrigued by what he brings. Nansi is already showing the ability to slow things down and make good reads in the O-zone. Really happy with what I saw out of them.

Barlow is the biggest question mark in my opinion. I would imagine he gets into an exhibition game or two with Winnipeg before being sent back which likely puts the weekend games in jeopardy. I think everybody else will likely be returned prior to the weekend.
Stellar29 I'm just going by Jakes play so far and at the townhall meeting during an answer about rookie playing time Wally stated that if you work hard in practice and show that you understand whats expected you will play. He specifically mentioned Jake as relly grasping what he's taught and putting it to use. He also talked about the steps forward that Braedon Rogers has shown from last year. I may be wrong but I'm thinking right now those 2 have a slight advantage when it comes to playing time.

Reactions: Stellar29

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
I can't see Owen Sound as players in a Owen Beck deal. Forward is their strength this season. If they swing big on something it will likely be on the blueline, probably not going to be a sexy add either based on our limited assets.
Totally agree Dale doesn't usually get involved in these blockbusters and we don't really need fwd help. As you say any moves won't be sexy but solid additions.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Stellar29 I'm just going by Jakes play so far and at the townhall meeting during an answer about rookie playing time Wally stated that if you work hard in practice and show that you understand whats expected you will play. He specifically mentioned Jake as relly grasping what he's taught and putting it to use. He also talked about the steps forward that Braedon Rogers has shown from last year. I may be wrong but I'm thinking right now those 2 have a slight advantage when it comes to playing time.
Definitely matches the eye test based on what I watched on Saturday. I think the advantage Crawford has is he looks like he has a better understanding of the defensive responsibilities. You could see him picking up his check on the back check and providing good coverage. He often went to the right spots in the defensive end. I think his skating and compete really stood out as well. I could totally understand why he'd be a coach's favorite in the early going. As Dale said when they drafted him, he checks an awful lot of boxes.

Rogers looked great on Saturday. I feel like he's in a great spot to break out. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he worked his way into the top 4 this season. I love that fiery competitiveness he has too. He looks like he's going to be a good one.

DCruickshank

Jan 8, 2022
Definitely matches the eye test based on what I watched on Saturday. I think the advantage Crawford has is he looks like he has a better understanding of the defensive responsibilities. You could see him picking up his check on the back check and providing good coverage. He often went to the right spots in the defensive end. I think his skating and compete really stood out as well. I could totally understand why he'd be a coach's favorite in the early going. As Dale said when they drafted him, he checks an awful lot of boxes.

Rogers looked great on Saturday. I feel like he's in a great spot to break out. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he worked his way into the top 4 this season. I love that fiery competitiveness he has too. He looks like he's going to be a good one.
Rogers not 17 yet....

Reactions: Stellar29

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Winnipeg Jets made cuts today but Barlow is sticking around. According to an article on the Athletic he had been away from the team with the flu. If he's healthy I'm assuming they want to get him an exhibition game before they send him back.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
See Attack have release Thomas Chafe. Put on waivers and now joining Quebec junior league. Sorry to see him go as he really tried hard, but didn't really fit in with new team make-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad