Owen Sound Attack 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Replying to

OSAfan RE: Luddington​

He might be the puck moving D. Still a wild card. He needs to add weight to his frame. It would be ideal to get a look at him this year at the OHL level to get a better sense of if he might be a piece to next year's team. The skill set is there but does it translate to the next level? He's an intriguing giant question mark lol.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Gave you guys a nice break for almost a month for being suspended from this page for bullying. I’ll try to be more positive moving forward and I’m sorry for being a bully to other people lol. Big game tonight, team needs to tighten defensively more on the road, can’t keep giving up 40 plus shots a game.

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
Tough game last night. Chenard seemed to be struggling a bit, but not all his fault. Our defence was not helping Chenard. Not moving players from front of net, not physical enough. One player seems more interested in getting assist than playing his position. Got caught up ice on several occasions, was on the ice for at least 4 goals, doesn't cover his man or was way out of position.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Those are the guys where I feel like the team would be justified in firing the coaching staff. That's two blowouts in three weekends. This team can be so good and so solid some weeks and then they have these kinds of games.

The lack of preparation and willingness to start games on time to me screams a coaching problem. The Flint game was only not a blowout because the team rallied later in the game to make it at least a contest, but they're burying themselves early with no way out of a lot of these games against teams they want to compete against.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Those are the guys where I feel like the team would be justified in firing the coaching staff. That's two blowouts in three weekends. This team can be so good and so solid some weeks and then they have these kinds of games.

The lack of preparation and willingness to start games on time to me screams a coaching problem. The Flint game was only not a blowout because the team rallied later in the game to make it at least a contest, but they're burying themselves early with no way out of a lot of these games against teams they want to compete against.
I don't think it's fair to put that entirely on the coaching staff. They certainly have a role to play in that area but so do the leadership group in that locker room. That shouldn't happen two games in a row like that, especially after getting hammered by Flint. Everybody needs to look in the mirror. Definitely not a great look for the coaching staff though, you're right about that. I would expect a much better effort come Wednesday.

Overall, the defensive play has been especially bad of late. The gap control has been poor and they given up the middle of the ice far too easily. The D have been knocked off pucks in the corners pretty easily. You're not going to win games when your goalies are facing that many grade A chances and you turn the puck over like they have been.

OSAfan

Jan 15, 2023
Replying to

He might be the puck moving D. Still a wild card. He needs to add weight to his frame. It would be ideal to get a look at him this year at the OHL level to get a better sense of if he might be a piece to next year's team. The skill set is there but does it translate to the next level? He's an intriguing giant question mark lol.
Do not disagree. Has to get the opportunity and prove himself. I really like skilled players first and foremost so hope the intriguing question mark works out.

If Chenard isn’t healthy why don’t they just call up George??
George has looked really good with both the Attack and St. Mary's.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Sometimes the constant self promot
Replying to

Sometimes constant se;lf promotion can work against a player

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Sometimes the constant self promot

Sometimes constant se;lf promotion can work against a player
I don't really worry about that. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get seen/noticed if you want to get to the next level. Ultimately the skill set and work ethic will dictate if they can actually climb that step.

Reactions: KFawcett

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Do not disagree. Has to get the opportunity and prove himself. I really like skilled players first and foremost so hope the intriguing question mark works out.

George has looked really good with both the Attack and St. Mary's.
I don't disagree. The skilled players are typically more valuable so having a prospect of Luddington's skill is a plus. He is likely the top D prospect the Attack have by a fairly wide margin after moving Mitch Young. Late birthday so could be a late bloomer with the physical tools.

George looks like a stud. He looks very advanced for a young goaltender.

The depth of returning players doesn't allow for a lot of roster spots for younger players, especially at forward. Letourneau appears to be the top option. Some other players of note from the 06 draft class for me:

Jared Langdon - intriguing player but has an NCAA commitment. Late birthday.
Luc Warner - 6' 190lbs centre. Not a lot of offensive production. Could factor into the bottom six.
Austin Baker - Very long shot but intriguing player. Listed as both a forward and defenseman. American with an NCAA commitment. Having a productive season.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I don't disagree. The skilled players are typically more valuable so having a prospect of Luddington's skill is a plus. He is likely the top D prospect the Attack have by a fairly wide margin after moving Mitch Young. Late birthday so could be a late bloomer with the physical tools.

George looks like a stud. He looks very advanced for a young goaltender.

The depth of returning players doesn't allow for a lot of roster spots for younger players, especially at forward. Letourneau appears to be the top option. Some other players of note from the 06 draft class for me:

Jared Langdon - intriguing player but has an NCAA commitment. Late birthday.
Luc Warner - 6' 190lbs centre. Not a lot of offensive production. Could factor into the bottom six.
Austin Baker - Very long shot but intriguing player. Listed as both a forward and defenseman. American with an NCAA commitment. Having a productive season.
I'd be surprised if Langdon ever sets foot in OS again.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I'd be surprised if Langdon ever sets foot in OS again.
I don't know anything about that situation but it does seem like that relationship has soured. Not a name that you hear mentioned by the team. Too bad because I thought he looked really good in camp.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I don't know anything about that situation but it does seem like that relationship has soured. Not a name that you hear mentioned by the team. Too bad because I thought he looked really good in camp.
Dad's a nutjob, non vaxxer,

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
Would you consider moving Sedley to a forward position next year? Because I think he is a liability on the back end, he is always up in the rush and he gets caught quite often which leads up to odd man rushes the other way.

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
Would you consider moving Sedley to a forward position next year? Because I think he is a liability on the back end, he is always up in the rush and he gets caught quite often which leads up to odd man rushes the other way.
If they are going to keep him, I would agree. He plays better as a forward. Find a bigger stay at home Dman who has some physical presence, like a Centerami or Philps. I would take a Durzi as well. Someone who is not afraid to move players from front of net

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
A nice response tonight after a disappointing weekend .

Unfortunately Niagara was on the receiving end.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Good character win tonight.

Sometimes you want to have one of these nights where you you flex your the offensive muscles. Hopefully we can continue to build off this into the weekend against the Steelheads and Firebirds.

Greys

Dec 18, 2021
After the blow out going the other way last night, can we hire the coaches back again? 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Millpond

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
After the blow out going the other way last night, can we hire the coaches back again? 😉
Nope. lol

Good character win tonight.

Sometimes you want to have one of these nights where you you flex your the offensive muscles. Hopefully we can continue to build off this into the weekend against the Steelheads and Firebirds.
Seriously a character win against the worst team in the league and a weak goaltender

Reactions: DCruickshank

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Still stand by my feeling that the team would be better off with another set of voices behind the bench, but they got the job done last night and lots of guys doing the scoring, especially when there's 9 goals and 0 from Barlow, has to be good for confidence.

Also, to sprinkle some positivity into the mix, have to hand it to Dale for picking up Hookey. He's been fantastic, scoring at a solid clip for a guy getting 3rd line ice, and has really made a difference to how this team plays. Fantino has struggled on a rebuilding Soo squad, and I hope he can make an impact there, but definitely loving that trade for this year and next.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Still stand by my feeling that the team would be better off with another set of voices behind the bench, but they got the job done last night and lots of guys doing the scoring, especially when there's 9 goals and 0 from Barlow, has to be good for confidence.

Also, to sprinkle some positivity into the mix, have to hand it to Dale for picking up Hookey. He's been fantastic, scoring at a solid clip for a guy getting 3rd line ice, and has really made a difference to how this team plays. Fantino has struggled on a rebuilding Soo squad, and I hope he can make an impact there, but definitely loving that trade for this year and next.
Hookey has been a home run addition. I think there's more skill with Stewart than I initially realized. He skates fairly well and has a sneaky good shot to go along with the high compete and physicality he brings. I thought the fourth line was great last night. Tersigni and Chafe were all over the puck and generated chances. Tersigni was especially strong on the forecheck last night with some nice takeaways. Overall, a pretty good trade deadline.

20 games left to go in the regular season. "Winning habits" is the new team focus. Finding consistency and cleaning up the D-zone will be the key items I'll be watching for.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Not sure how you call the goaltending weak last night...in my mind the kid should of got a star
Goaltending was absolutely not a problem for Niagara last night. There were a number of saves that took away would be goals. The Attack could have easily been well into the double digits in goals scored. His stat line isn't pretty but not an accurate reflection of the skill the goalie has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad