Owen Sound Attack 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Rough start compounded by the injuries up front. Don't quite get why the team didn't sign an extra forward or two. Having 12 rostered forwards total just asks for trouble.
Perhaps its time for a trade?

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Perhaps its time for a trade?

For the sake of some of the extra bodies the Attack have and furthering their careers, I hoped a trade would be done already. DeGray is usually rock solid with finding a landing spot for players on the outside looking in, but I'm guessing the overage market is really tough at the moment.

This team has also been guilty of hoping and waiting too long on players testing out professional hockey, and I'm concerned that they did that again on Josh Samanski, who was listed on the roster all pre-season. Looks like he's getting decent ice in Germany, though that could change. I wouldn't be making roster plans with him in mind.

Also hard to imagine that between Chibrikov and Chenard, the two extra players at their respective positions, returns a forward in a trade. Guzda has looked good at times (but also struggling with fatigue oddly), and I doubt he'd return a forward either.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Whats the word in Owen Sound? Our next two games are vs you guys. Who are your players to watch at the moment? Is Guindon pretty good? I saw he is a B prospect in the latest NHL draft rankings.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The latest NHL Central Scouting draft rankings are literally called Players To Watch. Yes he is a player to watch, as are Petrovsky, Okitundu, and Bryant. Also keep an eye out for Barlow.

Reactions: LDN

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
6 games and the compete is there with the guys unfortunately the inexperience is showing.

3-2 L
4-3 L
7-3 L
5-3 W
7-4 L
2-1 L

I'll give the guys credit they're putting the effort in the early parts of games the finish needs a bit more work but with 12 1st years learning the game this is going to be tough to watch until the guys go through the schedule.

No one player has played bad and guys have stepped up in their roles Perrott has been a big surprise this season showing why he is a leader on this team.

Learn curve in full swing early this season.

Will see what the team brings against the Spits in a rematch at the Bayshore.

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
Well another game London wins thanks to poor refs. Goalie out of net and steps into player, falls down. No call, but when goal is scored against them they challenge and win. if it was that obvious why was it not blown down prior, the ref was standing right there. Why doesn't the league just award the knights the cup and let the rest of the teams play. Same old every year

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Well another game London wins thanks to poor refs. Goalie out of net and steps into player, falls down. No call, but when goal is scored against them they challenge and win. if it was that obvious why was it not blown down prior, the ref was standing right there. Why doesn't the league just award the knights the cup and let the rest of the teams play. Same old every year
upload_2021-10-23_9-37-40.png

I'd place more blame on the fact my team wasn't able to convert on many of their own gifted opportunities..but hey that's just me

I'm hoping Woolley's injury isn't serious. Great player

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Discipline was an issue for both teams at times in last nights game. It sure didn't help the Attack to have a key leader sitting for a 10 minute misconduct during a key long powerplay. That was 100% a missed opportunity that is on the player you can't blame the officials for that one.

Reactions: Bear in the Woods

Bear in the Woods

Nov 21, 2017
6 games and the compete is there with the guys unfortunately the inexperience is showing.

3-2 L
4-3 L
7-3 L
5-3 W
7-4 L
2-1 L

I'll give the guys credit they're putting the effort in the early parts of games the finish needs a bit more work but with 12 1st years learning the game this is going to be tough to watch until the guys go through the schedule.

No one player has played bad and guys have stepped up in their roles Perrott has been a big surprise this season showing why he is a leader on this team.

Learn curve in full swing early this season.

Will see what the team brings against the Spits in a rematch at the Bayshore.

Attack had 10 rookies dressed. London had 7 rookies dressed.
Every team has plenty of inexperience.
Agree that Perrott looks fantastic.
Here is a glaring concern:
upload_2021-10-23_13-45-40.png

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Boys get their redemption against the Spits.

Some things need to be worked on like limiting the opponents chances but sometimes it's puck luck and tonight the Attack had the puck luck on their side with a (5-1) W over the Spits.

Now to see what next week brings with matches against London, Guelph and Sarnia.

Massive step in the right direction tonight.

Reactions: OSattackfan

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Are you kidding me? Your team had 9 PP: a 4-minute, a 5-minute and a lengthy 5 on 3, that they failed to capitalize on but its the ref's fault you lost? :huh:

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
Are you kidding me? Your team had 9 PP: a 4-minute, a 5-minute and a lengthy 5 on 3, that they failed to capitalize on but its the ref's fault you lost? :huh:
The point was about the called back goal not the other powerplays which I agree they didn't capitalize on. If OS didn't score then the so called interference on goal would never have been called, because the ref never saw it.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
The point was about the called back goal not the other powerplays which I agree they didn't capitalize on. If OS didn't score then the so called interference on goal would never have been called, because the ref never saw it.

So what you are saying is, you are against video review, even if it helps your team

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Nope. He's saying that the whole officiating system, including video replay, is in place to only help London win games.

In all fairness to the original poster, my impression was that he was saying that neither referee saw the infraction, and so there was no call made. It was only because of the coach's challenge, and the subsequent video review, the infraction became apparent, resulting in the disallowed goal. For the doubters, at the 1:30 point of the highlight video, there is a camera angle shown that clearly illustrates contact being made with the goalie.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

Interesting, in that we usually don' t ever get to see all the camera angles that the video review crew base their judgement on. However, it does raise the question as to why a penalty for goaltender interference was not assessed, since the infraction was deemed to have occurred ???

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
In all fairness to the original poster, my impression was that he was saying that neither referee saw the infraction, and so there was no call made. It was only because of the coach's challenge, and the subsequent video review, the infraction became apparent, resulting in the disallowed goal. For the doubters, at the 1:30 point of the highlight video, there is a camera angle shown that clearly illustrates contact being made with the goalie.

Interesting, in that we usually don' t ever get to see all the camera angles that the video review crew base their judgement on. However, it does raise the question as to why a penalty for goaltender interference was not assessed, since the infraction was deemed to have occurred ???
Possibly, but I refer you to the last 2 sentences on their post "Why doesn't the league just award the knights the cup and let the rest of the teams play. Same old every year"

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound

Goalie interference isn't necessarily a penalized infraction to disallow a goal. In this case Machacek makes incidental contact with Brochu behind the net which takes Brochu out of position, thus creating the goaltender interference. The goal or no goal situation is reviewed based on whether or not the goalie has time to recover their position after contact to be able to make the save.

If we look at the play from an Owen Sound lens, Brochu slides back across the crease in desperation mode taking himself out of the play when Goure scores. One could try to argue that he's out of position because of the desperation slide rather than the initial contact.

If you look from a London lens, Brochu isn't put in that situation without the contact and is likely in position for the Goure shot.

I think the no goal call was correct but it's certainly more frustrating when London scores short handed immediately afterwards.

I think the 0/9 on the power play was likely what ultimately decided the game for Owen Sound.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Goalie interference isn't necessarily a penalized infraction to disallow a goal. In this case Machacek makes incidental contact with Brochu behind the net which takes Brochu out of position, thus creating the goaltender interference. The goal or no goal situation is reviewed based on whether or not the goalie has time to recover their position after contact to be able to make the save.

If we look at the play from an Owen Sound lens, Brochu slides back across the crease in desperation mode taking himself out of the play when Goure scores. One could try to argue that he's out of position because of the desperation slide rather than the initial contact.

If you look from a London lens, Brochu isn't put in that situation without the contact and is likely in position for the Goure shot.

I think the no goal call was correct but it's certainly more frustrating when London scores short handed immediately afterwards.

I think the 0/9 on the power play was likely what ultimately decided the game for Owen Sound.

Its amazing how nice it is to have someone come on here and have a rational conversation, vs someone who attempts to troll, insight an argument or just blatantly attack.

Thanks for being an adult and making a fair, honest post. I may not agree, but I appreciate the tone and manner in which you posted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad