Owen Sound Attack 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSAttackFan88

Jan 2, 2015
what is the realistic outlook for this years team? goal will be a major concern again. Im guessing lucky to make the playoffs.

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
what is the realistic outlook for this years team? goal will be a major concern again. Im guessing lucky to make the playoffs.

Don't believe we'll be as good as a Kitchener or perhaps a Windsor, but we certainly will be better then Flint or Saginaw.

The young guys up front will certainly struggle to score, but hopefully they lay the path for a heck of a team come 2022.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Pre-season finished and the team more or less set for the season.

With a record of (2-3-0-0) and a special teams record 4/12 on the powerplay and 10/13 on the penalty-kill the team is certainly getting their chances with all the first year guys in the lineup.

The teams speed is going to be exciting to watch, yeah they're going to make their mistakes from game to game but as a whole the speed has been something that has been very noticeable through the pre-season.

The real test will be Friday in London, the Knights use the Budweiser Gardens and it's size to their advantage, the senior players are going to have to show the youth how to keep their cool in a building that is larger and intimidating.

This team has a more or less a blank slate against the Knights with so much turnover of players. This should be a big test for the team and coach Walters to play on the road against a divisional opponent who is always a tough outing.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Any idea which one of your OA's will be on the move??

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Seemingly lots of news all at once with the announcement that OHL rinks are going to full capacity starting Saturday.

Also really interesting to see the lineup decisions on opening night. Chenard likely still hurt, but my guess to be the odd man out in net. Chibrikov the odd man out amongst the overagers, and Seed also scratched tonight.

Is Seed a healthy scratch? If he's not in the lineup for a Friday night opener against the Knights for any reason that's not an injury, can't imagine he's in an Attack uniform long either.

So glad OHL hockey is back folks - hope everyone who is able to safely attend the home opener tomorrow enjoys! I won't be there but am itching to get back to the rink as soon as I can nab tickets.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I believe Greg Cowan reported Seed has a shoulder injury

Thanks for that - the team is so stingy with injury news. So he and Lawrence are two key guys on the shelf at the moment.

Boys played great otherwise to take a point in London. The third period was tough but felt like they were so close to taking two.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
First weekend in the books.

Team took their lumps but the didn't give up. They played right till the end of both games.

3-2 SO and 4-3 losses to the Knights was big learning curves for the 1st years on the team.

Coach GW certainly has let these kids make their mistakes and has shown that learning from mistakes will only make for better results next time.

Next week will be another test with the matches against the Storm and the Greyhounds. The compete level is certainly not an issue with this team and that is something that has impressed me so far from this group.

Will see how this team grows forward as the season progresses forward under coach GW. As for the youth of the team the young guys looked good tonight against the Knights in the home opener lots of foot speed and worth ethic all around.

Steps forward...

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I believe Dale DeGray was quoted in Greg Cowan's article that Chenard, Chibrikov, Seed and Lawrence were all out of the lineup with minor injuries. Expected to be out 10-14 days.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Attack carry three goalies given the OA situation. When Guzda needs a night off they can dress Chenard and Votary and go with the three OA Dmen on the back end.

I thought Barlow and Chafe stood out. Bryant's skating was noteworthy and I thought Okitundu looked steady on the backend. Looks like a good mix of young skilled players.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I have video now but no audio on the CHL stream. Recording it on cable as well.
Poor feed from the rink?

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
saw the volume go to 100 on the screen. someone from the control room sure is trying to get the volume up lol

Hahaha, try turning it off and turning it back on folks... that always works.
I am trying to sinc the video up with Larry Mellot's call on CJOY. If any of you OS folks haven't heard him call a game, he's great. Google CJOY and you can listen live.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Rough start compounded by the injuries up front. Don't quite get why the team didn't sign an extra forward or two. Having 12 rostered forwards total just asks for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad