SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
C5ZacQ5U8AAI869.jpg:large

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Had a lot of fun with Symettra last night. Had 13 elims and 0 deaths defending on Hollywood

I didn't do as much damage as I'm used to doing with Pharah or 76 of course, but we won and I felt v helpful

This game is so dope

Symmetra doesn't really have a lot of 'wasted' damage, so at best you might bronze in it usually.
Elims though you can rack up with well placed turrets and a good knowledge of the map for flanking.

That or the charge shot at standoffs if they're being dumb and not moving out of the way. I've managed to one shot headshot someone with it once coming up the stairs at the start of Dorado :laugh:

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I've been having fun in QP doing "random" heroes. Since there's no actual random button for choice, I lock in whoever the game sets me to when the selection comes up. If another player locks in first, I get to choose.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I've been having fun in QP doing "random" heroes. Since there's no actual random button for choice, I lock in whoever the game sets me to when the selection comes up. If another player locks in first, I get to choose.

I use mystery heroes in the arcade for that.

QP, first I made sure that I have at least one win with every character. Now working my way up to ten games total played with each.
After that, might go for ten wins each lol

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
:laugh: that's awesome

You'll receive mercy from Mercy in this game, and maybe, just maybe, you'll get the play of the game

That was the clue. I thought Overwatch was popular with college kids? And Mercy never gets play of the game. :laugh:

I haven't played that much since the game launched. I was horrible (and I knew I was going to be). I just liked what I saw from the beta that I decided to get it. Maybe I'll start playing again... not sure.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It's funny, last time I played Mercy... I didn't get play of the game but did somehow log a highlight.

Watched it and it ended up being me popping ult rez for one character and then dying immediately after :laugh:

I have seen a Mercy get a play of the game once though and it was legit.
A 4-5x rez, plus pulling out the pistol and getting at least one 50%+ kill.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Mercy used to always get PotG until they increased ult times and basically made Mercy worthless as she doesn't have ult ready for essentially every fight. She was dropped from the meta then and hasn't been back since

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Finished up my ten games of Torb and Zarya... Now working on Tracer.

Still can't figure out how to be effective with her. Partly the fault of solo queue, because if I try flanking and harassing back ranks... Seems like no one pushes the payload. But if you stand on the payload you're basically a sitting duck.

Just had a game where I dropped a defense Bastion before he could do any damage, got him on the run back and then took out a Junkrat spammer... And the other five people on the team apparently were unable to budge the payload from the start of Watchpoint :facepalm:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Had a 15-0 game as Soldier 76 last night, immediately followed by a 20-2 game.

I've never done as well in a shooter as I have been in this game, while having tonnes of fun doing so.

Even had a fun time playing Reaper for the first time, his movement abilities are much more useful than I anticipated (the teleporting works so intuitively and smoothly)

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Mercy used to always get PotG until they increased ult times and basically made Mercy worthless as she doesn't have ult ready for essentially every fight. She was dropped from the meta then and hasn't been back since

Recently, at least in APEX and a few other tournaments there has been a decent amount of Pharmercy comps on Kings Row, Temple of Anubis, and basically all control point maps. Definitely cool to see here starting to make a return, although I've yet to see her with anything but Pharah obviously.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Bastion army out in full force already :laugh:

Edit: I can see that bastion is gonna be a fun time to play against. One game of QP and I'm already annoyed.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I can't believe they actually greenlighted that for live. There's no hero that should be able to laugh in the face of an ulting Genji/Soldier by simply outhealing it.

I thought for sure that would get revised. Oh well, def not playing season 4 now.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
The best is when a mercy follows bastion and damage boosts him the whole time and he just constantly shoots and heals. Saw that a few times already.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Glad I got in my Tracer games this morning. Had fun with taking out Bastions who weren't paying attention in sentry mode.
So looks like the answer is more Sombra? Hack him so he can't heal and hope you've got a good Hanzo to drop him from range? Zenyatta discord orb to offset ironclad?

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Glad I got in my Tracer games this morning. Had fun with taking out Bastions who weren't paying attention in sentry mode.
So looks like the answer is more Sombra? Hack him so he can't heal and hope you've got a good Hanzo to drop him from range? Zenyatta discord orb to offset ironclad?

Genji is really strong against Bastian, although who knows with the ultra powerful new bastian.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Placed in diamond again, Bastion isn't too terrible to face unless you're pocketing him. Rein/Mercy/Ana/Bastion is a legit comp right now if done properly. But it can also be broken with good coordination. D.Va, Ana, Pharah... they will probably all see a slight rise in response to Bastion.

I think Mercy is the biggest winner, almost all my games saw her for either solo healing or damage boosting Bastion.

Were there any movement changes? Some standard jumps were giving me issues today.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Genji is really strong against Bastian, although who knows with the ultra powerful new bastian.

Underspoken part of the new Bastion is that it doesn't get more armour when ulting anymore and is pretty easy to take out

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Really liking the change to Mercy's button config. on XB1.

Still addicted to this game like I haven't been to any game in a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad