Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The ruins level is probably the one where the control point is the least defensible position.
Low ground, no ceilings, plenty of long sight lines in and no real choke points.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Ilios is my favourite map as Lucio.

Riding around the windmill looking for boops on Well, zipping in and out of point looking for boops on Lighthouse, spidermaning around the columns attacking everyone and then retreating on Ruins.

So much fun.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Lot of mixed reviews on the Roadhog nerf. Some people saying his instagib is gone, others saying he can now one shot with L2

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I was wondering how that distance change might work.
I definitely don't use Roadhogs L2 enough as it is... Don't play him enough to figure out ideal range to change between them

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I was wondering how that distance change might work.
I definitely don't use Roadhogs L2 enough as it is... Don't play him enough to figure out ideal range to change between them

I play a decent enough Roadhog on defense and anytime there's an enemy Reinhardt I spam L2 and it breaks his shield in around 8-10 shots. Combined with team fire it goes down very quickly leaving them open for a hook. If an enemy is around 100 health or less I have a decent shot at finishing them off with the L2 at around 10-15 meters too. Generally the distance between two teams for choke battles.

This spread decrease might really raise the pick rate for the L2 in choke battles, making it like a long range reaper shot.

Pip and I had an awesome game on eichenwald defense yesterday, he was playing Mei, I was Roadhog, and our rein had solid communication. We were pulling in their tanks and walling them in to finish them off. Enemy team only made it past the choke once, when their Rein got desparate and charged in, we backed up a little but focused him down.

Love communicative matches like that

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lot of mixed reviews on the Roadhog nerf. Some people saying his instagib is gone, others saying he can now one shot with L2

L2 is more deadly if you can hit it, though it's harder to be as accurate. His hook nerf is huge. No more hook-shot-melee instant kills. His gun will do less damage too because you'll be taking less of the scrap from it.

Overall it's a nerf for sure, pretty happy about it. Getting hooked by Roadhog won't be an automatic death anymore. Players like D.va, Mei, Lucio, or anyone else with some kind of shield or distance creating ability will be able to stay alive better.

Oiffub

Matthews > McDavid don't @ me
Mar 16, 2010
ACC
Anyone trying to bridge the gap from high plat to diamond like me hmu Buddio#1738.

I was at 2800~ at Christmas but haven't played much since - hope my Elo didn't decay o.o

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone trying to bridge the gap from high plat to diamond like me hmu Buddio#1738.

I was at 2800~ at Christmas but haven't played much since - hope my Elo didn't decay o.o

ELO only begins to decay when you hit master rank (3500-4000)

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Apparently about a week and a half left in Season 3.
Doesn't look very promising for me to climb out of silver. Ah well.

Got inspired by that Sombra video to master though, trying her out the past few days. 3-1 in 5 games. I keep forgetting to lay down my exit strategy before going in for a tank hack though :laugh: but hacking Bastion and Reinhardt is actually seemingly very effective at around the 1500 solo queue level.

Zenyatta, and D.Va are usually my other main targets. If only to figure out if they have their ults ready yet.

Last edited:

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I had a quadruple kill with Pharah's ult yesterday, and then took out one more with a regular rocket as they scurried away, all while mid-air...so sick

Don't know why it took me so long to really get into this game, seeing as how I've had it in the cupboard since release

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Also, Reaper is amusing.
Killed a Winston today and heard 'Stupid Monkey'.

Made me crack up

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Frustrating that this season is coming to an end for me.

Been bouncing between 3400-3550 SR and haven't been able to climb past 3600 since my first dive into Masters. I really want to hit GM but at this rate it may not happen until next season.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Frustrating that this season is coming to an end for me.

Been bouncing between 3400-3550 SR and haven't been able to climb past 3600 since my first dive into Masters. I really want to hit GM but at this rate it may not happen until next season.

I've been climbing fast trying to reach 3500 SR. Went from 2700 earlier in the week to almost 3300 now. Wonder when the reset will drop.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I was playing solo queue last night and I've played a few games with pre-mades of 3-4 people in Gibraltar and all of them always started on top of the buildings instead of directly on the ground... Even the tanks. Is this supposed to be a legit strat? Because every time there would be no contest of the payload and the other team would reach the first checkpoint in under a minute.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
it is a legitimate strategy actually. It probably failed badly for you because you need people that can actually land their shots from long/medium range.

In the meantime, i've lost like 18 of my last 20 comp matches to the point i've tanked from 3100 to 2450. Really don't have the desire to climb back up, especially with the current meta.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I was playing solo queue last night and I've played a few games with pre-mades of 3-4 people in Gibraltar and all of them always started on top of the buildings instead of directly on the ground... Even the tanks. Is this supposed to be a legit strat? Because every time there would be no contest of the payload and the other team would reach the first checkpoint in under a minute.
Yes, you're supposed to drop down when the cart gets under the bridge and fight from the server room though. (And not get picked in the process)

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
But why is that better than just wait on the ground?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
But why is that better than just wait on the ground?
The other team will get up high instead and have the advantage. I think the idea is hog can hook over shields and pick people so you want to be up high for the first minute or two before something happens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad