Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Messed around with Zenyatta in the trainer last night and I feel like he might be a hero I start using. Would be fun to be able to support while dealing some damage and his attack seems surprisingly strong (and accurate). I also got into Soldier 76 a bit and wasn't aware he had a healing ability, pretty awesome.

Still loving Pharah though, each time I play her feels like the most fun I've had in a game in years.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I love Zenny, but the problem is he kind of doesn't fit on a team

Great DPS, but not mobile enough to fill that role in place of a Solider/Tracer/Genji

Healer? Sure, but he puts out the least of the four to the point you're better off rolling with Ana or Mercy. Then you might say "oh well just roll him as a discord spammer?" You can, but the trade off between that in the heals is usually too much.

It sucks because the discord orb is so, so helpful if your team is unable to generate picks by themselves but then they're too stupid to stay alive with just the harmony orb.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Good Zenyatta is absolutely viable. Discord melts tanks, single discorded headshot drops Tracer. Healing is not great but it works.

As long as you're not solo healing and your team is effectively focusing the discords, Zenyatta is very strong

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I love Zenny, but the problem is he kind of doesn't fit on a team

Great DPS, but not mobile enough to fill that role in place of a Solider/Tracer/Genji

Healer? Sure, but he puts out the least of the four to the point you're better off rolling with Ana or Mercy. Then you might say "oh well just roll him as a discord spammer?" You can, but the trade off between that in the heals is usually too much.

It sucks because the discord orb is so, so helpful if your team is unable to generate picks by themselves but then they're too stupid to stay alive with just the harmony orb.
A good PC Zenyatta can easily get top damage and top heals. You should never solo heal as Zen in ranked but he's easily viable in QP and he's a great secondary healer.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
One thing I'm finding with zenyatta on console is to preload a charge shot and release the second you get a discord target icon. Follow with discord and a single shot... Depending on distance to target you could get the orb in place before the charge, and the quick follow up can finish off medium sized targets. Auto aim helps that lol

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Good Zenyatta is absolutely viable. Discord melts tanks, single discorded headshot drops Tracer. Healing is not great but it works.

As long as you're not solo healing and your team is effectively focusing the discords, Zenyatta is very strong

I love him with dive comps as Winston with Tracer/Genji can melt the discord targets.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
But why is that better than just wait on the ground?

It's tougher for the other team to go after your DPS and healers and from the high ground it's easier to land headshots. It's very difficult on Watchpoint to make it around that first corner without exposing your back line.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
5 more days to hit Master... so close.

My 2829 to 3404 (max of 3454) climb has been pretty crazy. Mostly on the backs of my 63% win rates between Rein and Lucio. 41-18 over 3 days, 16-8 with Rein and 12-5 with Lucio, my 58 kill game with Lucio is tied for 16th best in the world on xbox one this season.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
11 year old hero ? I doubt it..

Hurry up and make Doomfist, then a Canadian hero, then a Greek one - because the possibilities are endless, and the game has some Greek lore in it.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
11 year old hero ? I doubt it..

Hurry up and make Doomfist, then a Canadian hero, then a Greek one - because the possibilities are endless, and the game has some Greek lore in it.

that article I think very much could be showing her as a new hero

she uses drones in her article, could be that she controls these drones from a distance (might not even be on the map) but the player's viewpoint is that of the drone

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
either that or she is the new doomfist/a co-conspirator of his.

Could be that she uses a mech/drone with the fist voiced by Terry Crews or as is said at the end of the letter she and her parents are getting on a plane "its my first time flying and I'm excited" huge death flag

Her dad could be doomfist or something

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Had a lot of fun with Symettra last night. Had 13 elims and 0 deaths defending on Hollywood

I didn't do as much damage as I'm used to doing with Pharah or 76 of course, but we won and I felt v helpful

This game is so dope

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
Had a lot of fun with Symettra last night. Had 13 elims and 0 deaths defending on Hollywood

I didn't do as much damage as I'm used to doing with Pharah or 76 of course, but we won and I felt v helpful

This game is so dope

She used to be one of my go-tos before her buff, but now it seems she's one of everyone else's go-tos and I never get to pick her! I usually let others pick first so 90% of the time in QP I tend to get to be Reinhardt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->