Overwatch - Part 3 - Rise of the Robot

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
On a different note, I use to play this game quite often, but now I find it's even more so unbalance in comp. Way more often than not you either stomp, or get stomped. It's rather annoying to be stuck in the same area.
Overwatch is probably the most toxic game I've ever played. (I don't play MOBAs) There is too much of a focus on teamplay and getting that perfect environment with everyone cooperating is very rare because you're playing with random strangers. Too many people wanna do things their own way and that results in a breakdown of teamplay which results in losses and toxicity. Way too many games where it didn't matter how many golds I dropped. If someone was being a jackass by trolling/not switching I'd lose more often than not. Overwatch does not reward skill enough.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Meh... I don't think its game breaking. Sure its annoying but its like any other defensive ability in the game, you just have to plan for it. If you throw a DVA bomb, you just need to keep track of one more thing to make sure is on cool-down. You wouldn't DVA bomb if you knew Rein had full shield, so you shouldn't if you know he has immortality field

Whats annoying is potato teammates who don't shoot the damn thing when its deployed

It's not "game breaking," it's just stupid. Characters should never turn invincible, no matter what's going on. The fact that it's on a cool down and not an ult is even worse. It's a "shield" that doesn't require you to actually shield anything. You absolutely can throw a D.Va bomb if a Rein has a full shield because it can serve other purposes than to get kills, and I think it's an excellent example of why this ability is so bad. When a D.Va bomb gets thrown, the Rein needs to react to it by locating the bomb and then positioning himself properly to protect himself/team. So, a D.Va can throw a bomb behind a Rein or in a specific location to get him to turn or move. This new ability doesn't require anything other than pressing a button and the whole area is shielded. There doesn't seem to be an alternative strategy to defeating it, other than shooting at it, which requires it being thrown in the first place. It's just lazy design to me.

A big complaint of mine for games like Overwatch or League of Legends is that they constantly introduce new characters. It can be fun and exciting, but the more variables that are introduced, the more difficult it becomes to balance. A similar thing happened to StarCraft 2, which is one of my favorite games. With each expansion they added more and more units and it just reaches a point where it's impossible to balance correctly. It's not a "problem" that is unique to Overwatch, but I personally find it frustrating and also realize others enjoy that type of variety.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Made masters for the first time tonight

Unreal feeling for having spent over 1,000 hours in this game, and started in gold in season 1

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Made masters for the first time tonight

Unreal feeling for having spent over 1,000 hours in this game, and started in gold in season 1

I just tried to go back and play for the first time in months. It was not enjoyable at all for me after the Lucio changes. Congrats on making it to masters, I was never able to reach it.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I just tried to go back and play for the first time in months. It was not enjoyable at all for me after the Lucio changes. Congrats on making it to masters, I was never able to reach it.
The lucio changes kicked me out of GM (although I hadn't played in nearly a year in between so that had to do with it)

Ive always been a lucio one trick so I decided to start a new account and main dps/off-flex to see how high I can go. Been playing a ton of zen, widowmaker, winston and floating around mid-diamond after climbing from plat

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Lucio is one of the 5 or so characters I play and I really didn't feel effected by the changes at all tbh

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Lucio is one of the 5 or so characters I play and I really didn't feel effected by the changes at all tbh
The speed boost nerfs have made using sound barrier to push into a fight totally useless (one of my favourite strats) and orchestrating teamfights a lot more difficult. As an individual I can burn and still duel well but as a support Im not as effective, which makes a big difference at higher sr

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
The speed boost nerfs have made using sound barrier to push into a fight totally useless (one of my favourite strats) and orchestrating teamfights a lot more difficult. As an individual I can burn and still duel well but as a support Im not as effective, which makes a big difference at higher sr

For sure

I kind of forgot how easy it was just to push after amping speed with a brawl comp

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don’t know what I’m doing in this game anymore. I want to do well and get back into it but half the characters have shields/invulnerability abilities now.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Overwatch 2 is rumored and could be announced at blizzcon, or E3. One of those events
Definitely Blizzcon. Blizzard doesn't go to E3. Why would they, when they already have their own conference in California? The only two places Blizzard makes major announcements are Blizzcon and Gamescom.

That being said, Blizzard announcements mean at least 18-24 months before the game actually goes live as a full release. So it's still a while out.

OW2 rumored to have a full PvE mode (squad-based, similar to the adventure modes they post periodically and have been playable during the current anniversary event).

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Definitely Blizzcon. Blizzard doesn't go to E3. Why would they, when they already have their own conference in California? The only two places Blizzard makes major announcements are Blizzcon and Gamescom.

That being said, Blizzard announcements mean at least 18-24 months before the game actually goes live as a full release. So it's still a while out.

OW2 rumored to have a full PvE mode (squad-based, similar to the adventure modes they post periodically and have been playable during the current anniversary event).
And for the first time, Blizzard isn't going to Gamescom this year either. Everything will be at Blizzcon this year.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
anyone still playing this? I sure am...Sigma is lots of fun and was desperately needed. Game is in a very good place lately with role queue/replays/workshop/balance changes and now this new hero.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Yup I still do all the time

I am cautiously optimistic about the changes, but I do think adding role lock to quick play is a bad idea. For me, on certain maps I like to play certain characters (Lucio on Ilios and Lijang) and now in QP I’ll never be able to be selective like that again. I know there’s going to be an arcade mode that will allow you to do that, but we’ll see how that works

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Placed diamond in competitive Lucioball, then never touch it again. :biglaugh:

It does make me have a mild urge to play Rocket League again

I love Lucioball, but going from RL to LB is kind of jarring almost. Lucioball seems soooo slow paced compared to RL. I think I enjoyed playing LB more this year because I haven't played RL much lately

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
well role lock finally started, and as a long time skeptic, I am a huge fan of it so far
Role lock honestly tilted me super hard, way more than I expected. I was annoyed that I couldn't sub in for a DPS or tank that clearly didn't know how to play the role they were trying at this comp level, and it irritated me to no end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad