Post-Game Talk: overtime loss seems like a theme here

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Sheahan is a more complete hockey player and can take faceoffs.

Sheahan got torched in the dot tonight. Plus he lost countless battles and turned the puck over every time he touched it, but he's more complete??? Give me an *** break

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
On top of Riley not producing he holds back his linemates offensive game also, lets not forget that. So instead of having one offensive black hole, he automatically turns it in to 3.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
WTF is wrong with this incompetent coach? Fire him and promote Torchetti. Do something. I wish one of the beat writers had the guts to call him out in his post-game interview about these ice time decisions.

Didn't one of them ask him about benching AA earlier in the season, and he said something like "I have my reasons". What a joke.

Also, gotta love all the money we threw at DK when Quincey currently has more points, better +/-, more hits, less giveaways, and more takeaways, all with a lower contract and less ice time than DK. Not saying he was a long term solution, but now we're strapped to a guy who's looked terrible for the vast majority of this year.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Complete usually means generating offense, he's -13 on the year and really doesn't take that many faceoffs. Anything else?

Yes, Sheahan, who played a whopping 12.56 minutes tonight is the sole reason for Wings losing the past 3 games. All the while Mantha, who is has gone completely invisible, also has 0 goals. Solution? Reward him with more ice time :laugh:

I've been saying it for the past 3 or 4 games now, Mantha is the verge of getting sent back down to the AHL so he can learn how to play hockey again.

Our views are different, but I don't want Mantha to be the type of player who thinks he can take games off. Atleast Sheahan is still working/trying out there. Mantha is playing like he doesn't want to get a hang nail.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Wings not wanting to admit they were terrible drafting in the first round for a long time?

Yep, and people are hyped about Cholowski and Hronek. They probably don't recall how hyped everyone was on Sproul and Ouellet and Mantha the season after all of then were drafted. :help:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yes, Sheahan, who played a whopping 12.56 minutes tonight is the sole reason for Wings losing the past 3 games. All the while Mantha, who is has gone completely invisible, also has 0 goals. Solution? Reward him with more ice time :laugh:

I've been saying it for the past 3 or 4 games now, Mantha is the verge of getting sent back down to the AHL so he can learn how to play hockey again.

Our views are different, but I don't want Mantha to be the type of player who thinks he can take games off. Atleast Sheahan is still working/trying out there. Mantha is playing like he doesn't want to get a hang nail.

You want to make the playoffs yet you want to send down one of our top producers so he can "learn how to play hockey again"

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yep, and people are hyped about Cholowski and Hronek. They probably don't recall how hyped everyone was on Sproul and Ouellet and Mantha the season after all of then were drafted. :help:

Two of those players are actually good. Sproul is ok. Better then the rest of this dcore but is that hard

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan

I can go out there and work my ass off too, doesnt mean I belong anywhere near the ice.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Dude, Sheahan played 17:25 tonight, no one on the Wings played 12:56 tonight so I'm not sure where you're getting your stats.

Also, Mantha has scored goals this year, you realize Sheahan has zero goals on the year right? Zero. Zilch. Zero goals, 7 assists and 1 point in his last 13 games.

Mantha has more points since January 1st than Mantha does all year.

Last season the Wings scored their fewest goal total since the 1970's and they're on pace to be just as bad or worse this year. And the best idea to win games is to play Riley Sheahan in OT? Jesus.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

It must be nice not having to hold Riley Sheahan to the same standards as Anthony Mantha.

When has Riley Sheahan earned any of his ice time this season?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
It must be nice not having to hold Riley Sheahan to the same standards as Anthony Mantha.

When has Riley Sheahan earned any of his ice time this season?

Mantha was drafted to be a scoring winger. When he's not scoring, he's not doing much else.

Sheahan was drafted on a drunken bet. When he's not on the ice it's making Holland look like he is unable to draft good players in the first round.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015

I've seen 3-4 of Cholowski's games on TV...he looked pretty good...and I've seen all of Hronek's games that he's played in this season with more to come...he's going to be good...but still needs another 2-3 years.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Blashill is off his rocker. The way he handles his players ice time is pathetic. How on earth is mantha on the 4th fricken line on this crappy team. Jesus fire him instantly

Mantha is on the fourth line because he hasn't come to play in any of the last five games. While very, very talented he still needs to actually move his feet to be effective. As soon as he started to read his own praise, the NHL became a float trip for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad