overage next year

the dog

May 16, 2014
the Niagara icedogs oa that are available...... probably d brian brosnan and Mitchell fitzmorris

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
I think if he returns they will keep him...

Not me.... shouldn't be using an OA and import spot on one player. Especially a player that is a 3rd line guy on a team that should be a contender.

A team that is "going for it" should be using their OA and/or import cards on stud defencemen or an impact forward. Aagaard is niether of those.

Makes no sense to keep him. None.

Futurehockeyscout98

Feb 25, 2014
who are the 3 oa for Oshawa and Ottawa this up coming season.....

Oshawa- Petshenig, McCarron, Smmith, Lindberg, Mistele, Cassels, Pedersen, Turner, Latour and Wallace. I see Turner gone for sure. I think Latour, Wallace and Petshenig. A few may go pro.

Ottawa- Todd, studnicka and Guy will stay. Vlajkov prolly CIS or Jr.B and not sure about others

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Oshawa- Petshenig, McCarron, Smith, Lindberg, Mistele, Cassels, Pedersen, Turner, Latour and Wallace. I see Turner gone for sure. I think Latour, Wallace and Petshenig. A few may go pro.

Ottawa- Todd, studnicka and Guy will stay. Vlajkov prolly CIS or Jr.B and not sure about others

I think the bolded go pro. They'll have to choose between Wallace, Latour, Turner, Pedersen, Petschenig, and Appleby.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Spits Overagers

When you finish 19th out of 20 teams it is not unreasonable to expect your team will be a lot younger.
The Spit potential over agers are........

Trevor Murphy - D
Marcus Soberg - F
Brad Latour - F
Brenden Shea - C
Sam Povorosniuk - F
Alex Fotinos - G

You can dress 3 but can carry 4 until Nov/Dec I believe. Each player has value although Fotinos is both O/A & G and Soberg is O/A & import.
Povorosniuk is an offensive forward and Murphy is an offensive D-Man, Latour added via trade, Shea coming to camp (inj last year)

Who will the Spits keep? IMHO it will be Latour, Soberg & Murphy should they choose to return to the OHL.
The problem with Soberg is a) he could sign for $$ in Europe..he has yet to be signed by CBJ b) the Spits have good import slots.
Murphy may get a shot at pro hockey.
I expect Fotinos to be available at a reasonable cost because of being both O/A & a goalie.
I expect Povorosniuk to be dealt as the Spits get younger....
Shea is a dark horse..

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

I think the three you mentioned will be with the 67's next year. Although, I could see them keep a 4th to start the season depending on off season offers. Either Pittman or DeHann will be the 4th. That would mean Either Pittman or DeHann will be available via trade as well as Davis. I think a team that needs a stay at home D-Man OA cheap could get Davis for a 5th to 8th round pick. I think DeHann or Pittman will probably be in the 3rd to 5th range for acquisition cost.

Then we will see how the team unfolds. They will decide whether the bigger need is defense and keep the two D-Men and offload the extra forward.

I think they need to have that flexibility going through the first couple months until all assessments are made. Too many variables.

Ottersfan1

Mar 28, 2013
Otters OAs

Any thoughts on who the Otters' OAs might be for next season? I think they will keep Jake Marchment, pretty sure he will be returned by Kings organization. Not sure what they will do with Williams, Betz, Murphy and Mason Marchment.

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
Any thoughts on who the Otters' OAs might be for next season? I think they will keep Jake Marchment, pretty sure he will be returned by Kings organization. Not sure what they will do with Williams, Betz, Murphy and Mason Marchment.

Betz, to me, is the only automatic pick to return. Love to have Jake back, but he could turn pro. Murphy is a probable returnee. Unless Erie makes a trade for a veteran defenseman, he'll be needed. Williams would be a good option, but we have some good young goaltenders coming up, so I'd rather see the Otters try to trade him. I have no interest in having Mason Marchment back, though the Otters management may disagree.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011

My picks on who stays:

(If J. Marchment is returned)
J. Marchment
Betz
Murphy

(If J. Marchment isn't returned)
Betz
Murphy

Betz and Murphy are locks imo. And I'm okay with just having 2 OA if Jake doesn't come back. Think Erie should trade Mason as the forward group is young and crowded to begin with.. Same with goaltending. If jake Lawr is even remotely ready then Williams has to go and Dekoning will be the #1. This is more or less a rebuild year so I would rather see younger guys get the chance

I think you'll see Betz/Murphy and Mason to start. If Jake is returned he and/or Mason will get traded and Williams likely is gone before the season starts

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
Is there any data that shows how many total 95's are eligible to come back / of those, how many are already signed to a pro contract? Just curious as to how many kids that only have the OHL to play in will not be next year.:(

swscout64

Apr 16, 2015
Is there any data that shows how many total 95's are eligible to come back / of those, how many are already signed to a pro contract? Just curious as to how many kids that only have the OHL to play in will not be next year.:(

Players have many options other then the OHL. They can always play in the QMJHL or the WHL, many different options are available .

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Oshawa- Petshenig, McCarron, Smmith, Lindberg, Mistele, Cassels, Pedersen, Turner, Latour and Wallace. I see Turner gone for sure. I think Latour, Wallace and Petshenig. A few may go pro.

it won't be Herzberg or Lindberg, Gens draft 2 Euro's, Petschenig got traded, Latour got traded I heard Wallace is going to school and as for the rest of your list they for sure are gone, The only one that you didn't mention is Appleby and I think he will be traded if not during the season definitely by trade deadline .

the dog

May 16, 2014
it won't be Herzberg or Lindberg, Gens draft 2 Euro's, Petschenig got traded, Latour got traded I heard Wallace is going to school and as for the rest of your list they for sure are gone, The only one that you didn't mention is Appleby and I think he will be traded if not during the season definitely by trade deadline .
what about Matt Mistele and Brent Pedersen?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
what about Matt Mistele and Brent Pedersen?

I forgot about them but it all depends on them signing with there NHL teams, but I can see Pederson coming back as an OA but Mistele if not signed will more than likely find a team and by chance both come back to the generals I could see them both as well as Appleby getting traded by deadline or prior that as the generals are rebuilding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad