overage next year

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Steelheads possibilities are...

Burnside - recently signed an ECHL deal with Orlando, who knows if he returns.
Lodge - signed and almost 100% he's in AHL next season
Cianfrone - back next year
Thompson - back next year
Zottl - back next year
Martin - not sure yet but I'm sure Colorado want him in their system while he rehabs his knee.

As for what I want them to do I'd be OK with dumping Zottl and Thompson and looking to trade for an OA goalie like Fotinos, Nichols, Flinn etc...
Always enjoyed watching Burnside when the Steelheads were in Belleville and he always seemed to play well against them.

AverageAtBest

Feb 2, 2011
Frontenacs O/A possibilities:
Lucas Peressini
Connor McGlynn
Chad Duchesne
Jacob Graves
Corey Pawley

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Possibilities for the Plymouth Whalers, um I mean Flint Firebirds (it hurts to type that), for next year:

Danny Vanderwiel -- good candidate to return
Connor Sills -- good candidate to return
Victor Cruz Rydberg -- OA import and Islanders draft pick. Probably in AHL next year, unless NYI's do not like what they see. Has not signed ELC yet.
Yannick Rathgeb -- OA import. Probably gone.
Mitch Jones -- wouldn't be surprised if he's traded to London to play with his brother

Last edited:

Futurehockeyscout98

Feb 25, 2014
OA's

Who Stays in Kingston? Graves, Duchense, Pawley, McGlyyn or Pressini?
Mathew Santos in North Bay thoughts on him? Will he have a spot on the team?!

AverageAtBest

Feb 2, 2011

Peressini, McGlynn, Duchesne are my bets to return. I'd say no chance Pawley's back and a slim chance Graves' is back. Peressini could sign a pro contract and possibly McGlynn too.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Santos will be back.

The guys a solid bottom six guy and the coach loves him.

My question is whether or not you use one of those spots on Jake Smith. He's shown he's a playoff performer but he had a very pedestrian regular season and the Battalion are likely to be lacking depth at both forward and defense next year. And having both Miller and McIvor as OAs this year really helped on defense. Both played very big minutes.

Is it common to use OA spots on goalies? Even if they're fan favorites?

Hockeyfriend

Nov 8, 2011
Santos will be back.
[NHL][NHL][NHL][/NHL][/NHL][/NHL]

My question is whether or not you use one of those spots on Jake Smith. He's shown he's a playoff performer but he had a very pedestrian regular season and the Battalion are likely to be lacking depth at both forward and defense next year. And having both Miller and McIvor as OAs this year really helped on defense. Both played very big minutes.

I know it is not the best example, but YES. Teams do use an OA spot on goalies. Sudbury has done it 2 or 3 times over the past 5-6 years.

StungbySting

Jun 10, 2011
Sarnia
Santos will be back.

Sarnia does it every year

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
A couple of years ago, Kingston traded two 3rd round picks to Plymouth for terrible OA goalie Matt Mahalak. So some teams will even give up decent assets for an OA goalie who couldn't stop a beach ball. :sarcasm:

swscout64

Apr 16, 2015
Peressini, McGlynn, Duchesne are my bets to return. I'd say no chance Pawley's back and a slim chance Graves' is back. Peressini could sign a pro contract and possibly McGlynn too.

Peressini should try and get traded to a team that is going to make the playoffs next season. McGlynn, is not good enough to sign a pro contract, he will be back for sure, as well as Deschene. My guess would be Graves and Pawley will not be returning.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
Peressini should try and get traded to a team that is going to make the playoffs next season. McGlynn, is not good enough to sign a pro contract, he will be back for sure, as well as Deschene. My guess would be Graves and Pawley will not be returning.

IceDogs could probably use Peressini next year. Hope ages out and management seems to have little or no confidence in Moran.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Guelph only gets Tyler Hill and Justin Nichols back next year and I would imagine at some point Nichols will get traded.

Who needs/has room for an OA goalie next year?

Futurehockeyscout98

Feb 25, 2014
IceDogs

With Niagara Icedogs Maletta and DiFrusica signing with AHL MAnchester will this effect next years OA's or will the two still return!

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
Steelheads possibilities are...

Burnside - recently signed an ECHL deal with Orlando, who knows if he returns.
Lodge - signed and almost 100% he's in AHL next season
Cianfrone - back next year
Thompson - back next year
Zottl - back next year
Martin - not sure yet but I'm sure Colorado want him in their system while he rehabs his knee.

As for what I want them to do I'd be OK with dumping Zottl and Thompson and looking to trade for an OA goalie like Fotinos, Nichols, Flinn etc...

Cianfrone will be back. Boyd has no problem going with less than 3 OA's.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
fishfan51: I see your team starting the season with Moran (96) and Dhillon (98). I know a lot of the fans are down on Moran but I just feel he's going to have a bounce-back season.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
fishfan51: I see your team starting the season with Moran (96) and Dhillon (98). I know a lot of the fans are down on Moran but I just feel he's going to have a bounce-back season.

Start the season and end the season are two different things. In a year where the Dogs are expected to be contenders they'll need solid goaltending. Moran has done nothing to prove he can provide it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad