Ovechkin value

Neuron

May 9, 2012
The team dominated without Ovechkin the other night. Would caps be better off without him or does his entertainment value alone make him worth keeping him?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
100-billion-dollars-276x300(1).jpg

Halpysback*

If we had a competent GM the value returned from trading him plus the rest of our assets could probably be enough to turn us into Chicago 2.0. Solid two-way 2C, physical complete wingers, top pairing two way Ds, you name it. Unfortunately our GM is a complete tard so we're much better off choking every year while at least having Ovechkin to electrify us during the regular season.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
With McPhee in charge i expect return of Hornqvist, Fisher and Klein for him. :laugh:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
and here we go...bash McPhee time again.
anyway....this thread is based on the flyers laying an epic egg? come on. I didn't see the game but if I understand what happened...the caps went into their building. blew them up to the tune 7-0 with a freaking joel ward hat trick. then tried to fight for some respected and ended up with two guys on IR and one in the hospital. the only fight they won was the goalie fight were only one goalie was fighting. a fight where the code about not punching an opponent when he is down was repeatedly violated. then after beating that goalie with unopposed punches, they still couldn't score a goal on him.

did I get that about right?
this is the basis for saying the caps should trade ovechkin?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Based on this huge 2 game sample size of some limited success (against 2 teams with a combined 6 wins) without Ovechkin it is clear to me that we should trade him. It only makes sense.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
There is absolutely no way Leonsis would sign off on trading Ovechkin at this time so it is a moot point.

If a while down the road the Caps were really struggling and Ovechkin asked for a trade maybe but unless that happens no way the Caps deal away Ovechkin.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yes, let's trade the defending league MVP, our captain, and the face of the franchise because we beat the two worst teams in the EC. Troy Brouwer and Brooks Laich can surely make up the scoring!

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The team dominated without Ovechkin the other night. Would caps be better off without him or does his entertainment value alone make him worth keeping him?

Mods, this ^^^ is not a sincere question. It is trash talk. Why is it left unlocked?

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Based on this huge 2 game sample size of some limited success (against 2 teams with a combined 6 wins) without Ovechkin it is clear to me that we should trade him. It only makes sense.

1. Love the sarcasm.

2. The only thing proven against those two teams is that the rest of the team not named Ovechkin could help out on the scoreboard a lot more than they are when he is in the lineup.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
The thing a franchise also has to take into account is just how much money he's gonna bring that team. He is insanely marketable to a fanbase and will bring in an immense amount of merchandise sales.

He'd be worth something similar to the Herschel Walker trade imo.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
let's trade the MVP for potential.

yep yep. I've always wondered what being an Edmonton fan was like

I'm miming that guy in "The Scream" right now:cry:

I thought we had this thread the other day? Anywho yeah bet two bad teams big whoop, not very indicative of team strength.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Non-serious thread is non-serious.

There are three or four superstars in the NHL and one of them plays for the team I root for so his value to ME is immeasurable.

That being said if the Preds offered Weber, Hornqvist and two 1st's as someone upthread suggested I would have think long and hard about it.

Ultimately I think I would pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad