Ovechkin knocks out Gonchar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
King'sPawn said:
I don't think he could have. We haven't had the opportunity to play at a fast pace with such skilled players, on a competitive level such as this. While moving forward to knock somsone down, could Ovechkin really have thought, "Okay, his head's coming down, I'm going to have to reposition myself so I can nudge him but I don't want to hurt him." During play like that, analysis goes out the window, and instinct kicks in, because that's the only time you have.

It's truly unfortunate that Gonchar got hurt, but he has to expect physical play. Ovechkin could have turned away and let the guy go, but Gonchar could have been looking as well. You also have to bear in mind that if Ovechkin didn't knock him down, Gonchar may have been able to squeeze through and score a goal? Ovechkin's just trying to do his job, and do it cleanly.

If you're voicing this because you feel bad about Gonchar getting hurt, that's cool. I just think your sympathies are clouding the reality that there's nothing else Ovechkin could have done. Hockey players, in a high competitive setting, don't have the luxury of analysis when they're trying to lay a clean hit. It's the players who do dirty things that I have an issue with.

See that? it is possible to respond and disagree without name calling Jack. :bow:

After seeing O's comments I think you're probably right, in this case he couldn't have. My gripe is mainly with dirty hits (which this is not) and with headhunting, and a lack of respect, which this is probably not a case of.

benji

Took too much, man.
Dec 8, 2002
Too much.
yo
Vlad The Impaler said:
Emoticons can tell a lot. The point is, I think you've got an accute case of cheerleading, which is obvious almost everytime I see you post, and your selective outrage is ridiculous here. You seem damn proud when your boy Bergie hammers someone on a questionable hit, then you go on whining when something happens to your guy on a straight play and show indignation every two posts. It's dumb.

I found a thread where you were hoping to get Marchment for your team. Must have been to help on the powerplay, I suppose?

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=1761639&#post1761639

You do know who Marchment is, don't you?

I guess my point, in short, is that you're dripping with so much homerism, I'm gonna have to clean my monitor once I've posted this.
I can lend you my towel when I'm done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad