Ovechkin knocks out Gonchar

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
A Lone Wolf said:
yikes, I cant wait to hear how clean the hit that Ovechkin delivered was....

There are posters on the Caps' site that say it was perfectly legal. I was reminded of images of Darcy Tucker pot-shotting a helpless Gonchar a couple years ago, and Gonch laying there glassy-eyed. Peca did the same thing to him. Gonchar has a brief history w/concussions. Let's hope he'll be alright.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
The Russian article has been updated:

"Gonchar spent some time in intensive care after he was brought to the hospital. The concern was that he regained and lost consciousness on the way to hospital. Seemingly, Sergei is ok now. The doctors found no neck or spinal injuries. Sergei says he does not remember how the incindent happened."

Good news.

http://rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&stream=sl_news&id=195

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
This should benefit the Bruins...

Gonchar wont be -40 from pinching so much :D

Vic Rattlehead*

Moskau said:
This should benefit the Bruins...

Gonchar wont be -40 from pinching so much :D
Ya, really smart :shakehead

Everyone was a - on the Caps team last year.

EDIT--- I knew you were kidding though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Marshall said:
The Russian article has been updated:

"Gonchar spent some time in intensive care after he was brought to the hospital. The concern was that he regained and lost consciousness on the way to hospital. Seemingly, Sergei is ok now. The doctors found no neck or spinal injuries. Sergei says he does not remember how the incindent happened."

Good news.

http://rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&stream=sl_news&id=195

You have the greatest avatar of all time :D

Man, I'm finally optimistic now about Sergei...

Vic Rattlehead*

Jay Thompson said:
Heck of a hit. Way to go Alexander! Hard luck for Gonchar, but he should have had his head up going into the slot like that.
Ya! Way to go for possibly ending someone's career! :shakehead

I know it was a clean hit, but come on.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
I can't wait to see Ovechkin meet his match in the NHL. I never liked the kid ever since the World Junior's in Halifax in 2002-2003. He dove all over the ice in that tournament, went down as though he was shot a few times. But of course, he was always back for his next shift. The kid has a ton of talent, but he needs to learn some respect as well. For the game and the other teams players.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
hossy316 said:
I can't wait to see Ovechkin meet his match in the NHL. I never liked the kid ever since the World Junior's in Halifax in 2002-2003. He dove all over the ice in that tournament, went down as though he was shot a few times. But of course, he was always back for his next shift. The kid has a ton of talent, but he needs to learn some respect as well. For the game and the other teams players.

How is Ovechkin disrespectful? A diver? He sacrifices his body and has a more complete game than almost any top prospect I remember since Cam Neely.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
EroCaps said:
How is Ovechkin disrespectful? A diver? He sacrifices his body and has a more complete game than almost any top prospect I remember since Cam Neely.

I don't yet know enough about him to say he is disrespectful, but man, I hate seeing hits like that. It was clean, but he got him right on the jaw, IMO, players should not take that opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->