OVECHKIN HEATING UP - predict how many goals he finishes with

Alex Ovechkin finishes the season with (31 games remaining)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Perhaps not but some albeit it's a vocal minority still don't accurately describe his actual gameplay.

Like when I described his actual play and asked people to watch and the only retort was from MJ with the detailed anyaslsis of "wrong"

That kind of speaks volumes eh.

On the first part a lot of that is because he is given extremely elite and sheltered usage and sure the rest of the team isn't that great.

To the second part sure he isn't really a first liner any more but he is there in Washington given his reputation and the focus on getting the goals record.

Sure that's what I've been saying

The problem here is pretty clear though it's the usage that doesn't match the results and still no change in that usage.

I think what is says is that no one is really talking about those players because the usage results question doesn't come up with them.

That being said plenty of people have spoken about how crappy Kuz has been and literally no one is defending him.

Maybe the difference there speaks to some unequal treatment?

Ovechkin leads the team in ppg and points. Your assertions here are nonsensical.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ovechkin leads the team in ppg and points. Your assertions here are nonsensical.
I'm talking about having people going out and watching him play.

It's not a big deal that he is leading the Capitals in scoring given his usage and how crappy the rest of the team is...at least according to you right?

Premium usage and PP TOI and and tied for 89th in points and 92nd in goals.

Exactly why are you quoting me again?

Last edited:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I'm talking about ahving people going out and watching him play.

It's not a big deal that he is leading the Capitals in scoring given his usage and how crappy the rest of the team is...at least according to you right?

Premium usage and PP TOI and and tied for 89th in points and 92nd in goals.

Exactly why are you quoting me again?

I quoted you because your posts regarding Ovechkin have always been unhinged, counterfactual, and irrational.

Asserting that Ovechkin should be demoted on a team where he leads them in points and PPG is pure gibberish. Demoted in favor of whom exactly? Where is this player on the roster who should replace Ovechkin?

Not that rational questions like this are relevant. You will seek to trash him, dishonestly, as you always do. Hey remember when you were new to hfboards and you falsely claimed to be a big Ovechkin fan? Good times.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I quoted you because your posts regarding Ovechkin have always been unhinged, counterfactual, and irrational.
Yet you never actual disputed the usage and watching him play argument so there it is.

Just like in my last reply.

Premium elite offensive usage yet tied for 89th in points and tied for 92nd in goals.

He's not a legit first line guy any more and that's fine given his age.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Yet you never actual disputed the usage and watching him play argument so there it is.

It goes without saying. I watch all the Capitals games. You don't.

Ovechkin, even at age 38, remains the best offensive player on the team.

You don't have a point. The Capitals are not able to poach first liners from other teams so your assertions about league rank are irrelevant. Team rank is what determines deployment, and Ovie is #1 on the team.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Most people know your views and even this assertion is debatable given his usage and PP TOI but there should be a thread about when do people think that Ovi isn't actually the best offensive player on the Capitals then so you can spout off there.

Ovi is also a black hole and liability 5 on 5 and that's not going to change with him aging.
You don't have a point. The Capitals are not able to poach first liners from other teams so your assertions about league rank are irrelevant. Team rank is what determines deployment, and Ovie is #1 on the team.
You still haven't addressed the watching him play thing I brought up but then again your objectivity around Ovi is non existent and I was asking everyone to look at him play it's extremely evident most people just don't care responding to a clearly biased viewpoint that you have brought for years here.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ovi is also a black hole and liability 5 on 5 and that's not going to change with him aging.

You still haven't addressed the watching him play thing I brought up but then again your objectivity around Ovi is non existent and I was asking everyone to look at him play it's extremely evident most people just don't care responding to a clearly biased viewpoint that you have brought for years here.

Do you read your own posts?

"Black hole" and "leads the team in points and PPG" are mutually exclusive. Your characterization is not compatible with reality.

Why do you hate Ovechkin so much that it causes you to say irrational and demonstrably false things?

What about the player do you personally dislike so much?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Do you read your own posts?

"Black hole" and "leads the team in points and PPG" are mutually exclusive. Your characterization is not compatible with reality.

Why do you hate Ovechkin so much that it causes you to say irrational and demonstrably false things?

What about the player do you personally dislike so much?
I don't hate Ovi, that's just the straw man you seem to enjoy putting up and in reality I don't even know what you are asking here.

Yes he leads the team in points and PPG but that's in large part to his usage.

The way one measures actuall offesne is how would each player reasonbly do given the same usage and we all know that other Capitals would do better.

Like I said there is no shame in aging but it's ridiculous how some are describing his decline that we all can see.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
we could ask you the same thing about Crosby

If ever I say something that is demonstrably false, go for it.

But in reality there is no equivalence to the mountain of lies that the Crosby crowd puts out against Ovechkin.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
If ever I say something that is demonstrably false, go for it.

But in reality there is no equivalence to the mountain of lies that the Crosby crowd puts out against Ovechkin.
Let’s not derail the thread , this thread is about The Great 8.

But I’m just saying I got my eyes on you

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019

Why are the capitals a forgone lottery team in some peoples eyes around here? They are 4 wins out of 3rd in their division with 2 games in hand and OV is heating up at the right time.

Maybe you or someone on here can tell me if that is a realistic ground to make up or if this team is a paper mirage because I haven’t watched many games this year.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Why are the capitals a forgone lottery team in some peoples eyes around here? They are 4 wins out of 3rd in their division with 2 games in hand and OV is heating up at the right time.

Maybe you or someone on here can tell me if that is a realistic ground to make up or if this team is a paper mirage because I haven’t watched many games this year.

Eh, they're not good.

If you look at their goal differential, it's pretty lucky they won as many games as they have.

Flip side is, they actually have been solid at holding on to leads - which is important. Simultaneously, they apparently like to lose big if they're going to lose (lol).

Interestingly, losing Backstrom and Kuznetsov have both been addition by subtraction. They have a bunch of young players who are okay third liners with potential to become 2nd liners but none of them appear on track to be blossoming into 1st liners.

I think they'll be sellers. Mantha, Dowd, Lindgren, etc. -some of those players maybe could get something in return.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ovechkin is every bit as impactful as Gretzky was when he set the mark scoring 9 goals his final season, so I don't see what the issue is.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Guy just went on a roll to end the season. 52 goal pace over the last 36 or so games. Unreal

Reactions: authentic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad