OVECHKIN HEATING UP - predict how many goals he finishes with

Alex Ovechkin finishes the season with (31 games remaining)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Alex Ovechkin with a goal in all of his last 5 games, He sits at 13 goals, with 31 games remaining.

Personally I believe he finishes the season with 35 goals, so he needs 22 goals in 31 games. The Capitals are playing the best hockey of the season right now.

I'm publicly challenging posters to predict how many goals Ovechkin ends the year with

Do note, votes will be made public and I will bump this thread at the end of the year

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Alex Ovechkin with a goal in all of his last 5 games, He sits at 13 goals, with 34 games remaining.

Personally I believe he finishes the season with 35 goals, so he needs 22 goals in 34 games. The Capitals are playing the best hockey of the season right now.

I'm publicly challenging posters to predict how many goals Ovechkin ends the year with

Do note, votes will be made public and I will bump this thread at the end of the year
Dude learn how to do math. The caps have 31 games left not 34!
Anyway when you look at pace and take into concideration that Ovechkin scores more on the road than at home he should end up with 21 goals this season. But with a bit of a hot streak and the fact that he's always scored at least 24 goals in a season, I could see Ovechkin force himself to at least 24 goals as he plays Philadelphia on the road in the last game of the season.

Reactions: Play

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
19. He is on a bit of streak but his game is very ineffective. The fact the Caps keep way overplaying him in regard to minutes, considering his level of play is very good for the other Eastern teams trying to make the playoffs.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Dude learn how to do math. The caps have 31 games left not 34!
Anyway when you look at pace and take into concideration that Ovechkin scores more on the road than at home he should end up with 21 goals this season. But with a bit of a hot streak and the fact that he's always scored at least 24 goals in a season, I could see Ovechkin force himself to at least 24 goals as he plays Philadelphia on the road in the last game of the season.
Oh man… I messed up big time,

@LokiDog can you please help me? Can I ask you to edit the poll question from “34 games remaining “ to “31 games?”

Reactions: LokiDog

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I am not sure how to vote? Like the actual process of clicking on a vote. Anyway i say 25.

Also OV still has positive possession metrics, both raw and relative, so he isnt as “unplayable” as many people on here keep saying.

Reactions: Play

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm going to say an even 20. Netting a few after an extended break doesn't really contradict the getting old theory.

Would be happy if he proves me wrong.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
19. He is on a bit of streak but his game is very ineffective. The fact the Caps keep way overplaying him in regard to minutes, considering his level of play is very good for the other Eastern teams trying to make the playoffs.

He's leading the team in PPG and Points.

Your post is illogical.

Reactions: ricky0034

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Hard to get up to 30+ with the brutal slow start. He'd need to go at over a 40 goal pace in the remaining 30games to get there, and he's maybe just not able to keep that pace any more.

But there's no reason to think he can't get to 25+. 12 more goals from here? Yes, that can happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad