Ovechkin guarantees game 7 win vs NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rangers made a huge mistake. They pissed off Ovi. You will see him on a highlite reel scoring the winning goal now. If we don't see it I will admit now that I was wrong.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Lol what a joke. Hockey is a team sport. Ovi is a decorated player individually. He's more of a winner than anyone on the Rangers.

I dunno I personally blame Ovi for not singlehandly winning the team a cup....I mean why should n't one person be amazing enough to do it?(insert sarcasm here)

Every single player who has won a Cup has been on a good balanced team with terrific support and sometimes those teams got good breaks.

People like to laugh and point and call choker but it's never one person.

Remember, Gretzky never won a Cup after leaving the Oilers and he was on some pretty impressive Rangers teams on paper.

It's almost like for a team to win, a lot of people have to be exceptional.

I don't think any one player could have been exchanged straight up for Ovi and the Caps would have a Cup since he came in(Maybe an out of his mind goalie)Does anyone else realistically think otherwise?If so, make your case.

kdfsjljklgjfg

Apr 4, 2007
Gloversville, NY
Ovechkin is developing the reputation as a regular season superstar, playoff dud. Which is stunning, given his rugged physique and fearless attitude -- he seems like he was designed for the playoffs. But his track record in the playoffs so far has been brutal.

18th all time, 1st active in playoff goals per game is a "playoff dud" with a "brutal track record?"

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Rangers made a huge mistake. They pissed off Ovi. You will see him on a highlite reel scoring the winning goal now. If we don't see it I will admit now that I was wrong.

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't really want to win the last 2 games they had a chance to advance to the conference final for the first time.

Game 5 was going to be the easiest for them to take and they blew it. Look at Hank and NYR in general at home in game 7.

The caps made a huge mistake by letting this happen to them yet again. There's no spinning it the other way.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
He's the captain and needs to show some confidence in his team's chances.

I don't see how people can paint this as a negative. He's only putting the burden on himself if they lose.

Bet the house on the Rangers after this

Go for it.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Ovechkin needs to put his money where his mouth is and drop the gloves off the opening face-off. Just grab a partner and pummel him...show him that you don't mess with the Washington Capitals. And you know what? On the next shift, he needs to do the same thing. LEAD.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Good bulletin board material for the Rangers.

The Messier guarantee was a mistake imo given how the Devils came out and played to start game 6. They were bailed out by Richter and the the posts iirc as well as individual brilliance by Leetch and Messier but NJ was all over NY to start the game.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Ovechkin needs to put his money where his mouth is and drop the gloves off the opening face-off. Just grab a partner and pummel him...show him that you don't mess with the Washington Capitals. And you know what? On the next shift, he needs to do the same thing. LEAD.

Yep nothing like starting off game 7 on the pk and possible injury to their star sniper. Should go just swimmingly.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
I dunno I personally blame Ovi for not singlehandly winning the team a cup....I mean why should n't one person be amazing enough to do it?(insert sarcasm here)

Every single player who has won a Cup has been on a good balanced team with terrific support and sometimes those teams got good breaks.

Remember, Gretzky never won a Cup after leaving the Oilers and he was on some pretty impressive Rangers teams on paper.

No, my gosh, Wayne had wingers like Bill Berg and Pat Flatley. It was a complete joke. Sundstrom was the only qualified guy Wayne had to play with in NY. They were a mess.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
What is he supposed to say? "We have no chance" a la Daniel Alfredsson? I agree he needs to back up his talk by scoring, but hating on him for trying to encourage the team is ridiculous.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Atta boy Ovi. That's what I want. Lead this team and back up your words with a stunning performance next game.

Even if we lose next game, you will be forgiven if you try your hardest.

Tom Servo

Oh Baby
Sep 14, 2005
Messier actually said a lot less than Ovi did in his "guarantee." It was the NY Post who plastered "WE'LL WIN TONIGHT" (which was not even what Mess actually said) on their headline and hyped it up. Messier, to his credit, responded to the pressure and rose to the occasion.

Mess was trying to show his team he had confidence they could win, which is all Ovi is doing here. Ovi had very similar comments in 2011 when Tampa went up 3 games to 0.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

It's almost like for a team to win, a lot of people have to be exceptional.

I don't think any one player could have been exchanged straight up for Ovi and the Caps would have a Cup since he came in(Maybe an out of his mind goalie)Does anyone else realistically think otherwise?If so, make your case.

No one is even saying Ovi should win the Cup by himself. The Caps have a good team. We're saying he should score a goal or two to help his team out of the second round, for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad