Out of Town - Who's your team during these Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Pens finished last year with a record of 5-3-2 in the last 10 games. This was good for the 15th position in the league for that period of time (behind Montreal).
They are just as meaningles to Boston......and they are beating everyone. With key guys out.
They are meaning less to Nashville too........dont see them mailing it oin.

No Tbay looks good but probably the most beatable team of the so called top contenders. Leaf would much rather have them than Boston

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Leafs fan is easily excited. A 3 game win streak is enough to get them planning a parade. They had a rally at City Hall in 93 when the Leafs made it to the conference finals (and lost, of course)

Can you imagine any other Original 6 team having a rally for anything less than a Cup victory? Neither can I.

These days teams fans rally after winning game 1 in the first round. Fans are different today. Far more invested in every aspect of all sports really. The whole "Nation" thing.

So glad there isn't a Habs Nation.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Boston won the Cup in 2011. And in 2018, they are right back at contending. And somehow, we did nothing wrong. Bergevin is great. We draft great! Everyting is perfect. We just need to be more patient.

**** off.
MB and his team, specially Sly, are doing a good job. It's all on the players. It's all on them in the NHL. It's all on them in the AHL.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Really sucks to see our eternal enemies having so much success and great future..

and we're here comparing our club with the worst teams in the league.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They've been my pick every year for awhile now & they're so disappointing. They're just awful in big games. It's frustrating to watch.

West: Winnipeg or Nashville

East: IDK
The thing with Washington is that they were so successful during the season they didn't bother adapting in the playoffs. Their offence was shut down and they had no response. They're coming close to the end of their roster's prime and I think we'll see a hungrier, more humble group, desperately looking for validation before they're broken up.

Close to the same story with St Louis in the west. They'd be my other pick. I want to see the Battle of the Cup Virgins.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Interview with Pierre LeBrun with TheAthletic Podcast

Essentially said that the three contending teams for Tavares, outside of re-signing with the Islanders are: San Jose, St. Louis and Vegas.

Said probably 20 teams will give him a serious offer.

What if Vegas get Tavares and Karlsson?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The thing with Washington is that they were so successful during the season they didn't bother adapting in the playoffs. Their offence was shut down and they had no response. They're coming close to the end of their roster's prime and I think we'll see a hungrier, more humble group, desperately looking for validation before they're broken up.

Close to the same story with St Louis in the west. They'd be my other pick. I want to see the Battle of the Cup Virgins.

The team is also overrated because of the elite (Backstrom) and generational (Ovy) talents and sadly don't have a GM able to see clearly the big picture. People seem to forget Brooks Laich used to be an important part of this team. I mean the guy was bad honestly he was **** terrible.

For example in 2010-2011 they had Ovechkin, Backstrom and a young still developing Carlson and that's about it. The supporting cast was made of Laich, Knuble, Semin, Green, Johanson, Chimera, ... remove Ovechkin and this 2010-2011 edition is likely a lottery team.

Washington Capitals 2010-11 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Don't tell me it's a very good team. People hate Ovechkin so much they refuse to admit the team is simply not that good. I don't think i ever seen someone with Ovechkin's playoffs number being criticized so much for his playoffs performance. In 2008-2009 he had 11 goals in 14 games ... yet somehow the team lost because of him ...

The team has been better the last 2 years but Ovy and Backstrom are not getting younger. It might be too little too late. Eller is also their 6th forward for points. I mean i like Eller but ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Deluded Puck

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

It'll depend on whether they get anything from Kuznetsov, Oshie & Burakovsky. Their depth have really let them down.

I like St. Louis too, but too many injuries & I have no faith in Allen.

They stand a better chance if they draw into the Pacific & face Vegas in first round. I'm sure Anaheim & LAK want the same thing.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
Saros was on fire tonight for the Preds! Outstanding performance.

The Sharks had a penalty shot with less than 2 minutes to play, because Ellis knocked the net off. I think that was the first time I saw that a penalty shot for that.

The Preds PP still sucked though... Maybe Tolvanen will give the PP a boost next game?

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Saros was on fire tonight for the Preds! Outstanding performance.

The Sharks had a penalty shot with less than 2 minutes to play, because Ellis knocked the net off. I think that was the first time I saw that a penalty shot for that.

The Preds PP still sucked though... Maybe Tolvanen will give the PP a boost next game?

I saw it about a week ago when the Rangers 2nd goalie did it. If it happens with 2 minutes or less remaining it's a penalty shot, otherwise it's a 2 minutes penalty.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
In an ideal world we lose our next 5 games and the Sens win at least 2 of their next 5 games so they can pass us too.

Buffalo is a lost cause those guys are just absolute garbage.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
It'll depend on whether they get anything from Kuznetsov, Oshie & Burakovsky. Their depth have really let them down.

I like St. Louis too, but too many injuries & I have no faith in Allen.

They stand a better chance if they draw into the Pacific & face Vegas in first round. I'm sure Anaheim & LAK want the same thing.

Burakovsky is just like his dad Robert, very gifted technically but disappers and not known to be hard working, we call them luxuary players in Sweden.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad