Out of Town Thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yet logic says otherwise. He has 3 goals this year, putting him below Clifford for christ sakes. It does go away, when you really don't care. One of the best 'goalscorers in history' (which is complete BS btw) has been put on waivers. Sorry bud, its not even close to the truth. I mean how can you even say 'He's still one of the best goalscorer in the league history' with a straight face?
I worded that poorly becaus he's clearly not one of the best goalscorer anymore, but his shot is still that good, as its the last thing that goes away.

Also you'd be aware that Kovalchuk is sitting at the same GPG as Lafleur, so yeah, hes one of the best goalscorer ever.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
28 other teams didn't get him but they got ROR, Pacioretty, Stone, Karlsson, Kessel 2x, Trouba, Duchene2x, McDonagh while Biceps is just sitting on his sausage roll fingers calling it too hard to make a trade.

How many freaking times is the team going to miss the bus to get better ? How long will the stock pile be filled with mediocre prospects and players? How long will they sit on that 10 millions in cap space ?

Stop enabling mediocrity

Hey I said I would of done KK for a signed Hall.

I don't think Hall would of resigned her so I don't think it was worth while if he was unsigned, but if it was a trade and sign then I would of been open to moving a piece like KK even.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hey I said I would of done KK for a signed Hall.

I don't think Hall would of resigned her so I don't think it was worth while if he was unsigned, but if it was a trade and sign then I would of been open to moving a piece like KK even.
You wouldve traded KK for a signed Hall but you dont want to take a chance on him signing ? The pack given by Arizona is gonna result in 0 players even close to Hall in value.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Wheres Brook in that deal ? Actual lol @ Bahl and Brook being in the same conversation. Everybody knows that makes no ****ing sense.
It would have been the equivalent for Bahl. Just because we think Brook is better doesnt mean Shero does too. Also Bahl is a LHD which they actually need. Ya you are right Caufields never come at mid teens. Well except for Krebs and Newhook. And Smith. And McAvoy. And Barzal. And Connor. And Chabot. And Larkin... Just because we suck at drafting doesnt mean good players arent there.

Reactions: Andrei79

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
You wouldve traded KK for a signed Hall but you dont want to take a chance on him signing ? The pack given by Arizona is gonna result in 0 players even close to Hall in value.

I don't think Hall would sign here personally. I don't think he wants to play in Canada, and especially in a market like Montreal. Wouldn't even surprise me if he told NJ to not trade him to Canada.

So yes if there was a gurantee he would be resigned I would give up some good pieces. But as a rental I am not so on board for multiple prospects and our 1st with the draft in MTL because I believe he would pull a Radu and get out of town ASAP.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
It would have been the equivalent for Bahl. Just because we think Brook is better doesnt mean Shero does too. Also Bahl is a LHD which they actually need. Ya you are right Caufields never come at mid teens. Well except for Krebs and Newhook. And Smith. And McAvoy. And Barzal. And Connor. And Chabot. And Larkin... Just because we suck at drafting doesnt mean good players arent there.
...tarasenko....Karlsson.. kuznetsov...Giroux...pastrnak... Then there is second rounders like ror, Aho and kucherov

But we can't develop our players to be stars....

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
...tarasenko....Karlsson.. kuznetsov...Giroux...pastrnak... Then there is second rounders like ror, Aho and kucherov

But we can't develop our players to be stars....

All these guys have super talent.... But Timmins and the rest of his staff select other less talented guys.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
All these guys have super talent.... But Timmins and the rest of his staff select other less talented guys.

Exactly. Let's not pick Kucherov or Kuznetsov, as there's a risk they never come over.

Instead, let's pick a Connor Crisp, who has no chance whatsoever to make the NHL.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Hall’s Arizona debut was picked up nationally last minute. It’ll be on SN360 for anyone who has that channel.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Weber scores his 11th.

Will score more goals as a banged up 35 year old on a lousy team, than the "Subban-ator" scored in his prime.

So is the "who won the trade" debate over? DING DING , "DOWN GOES SUBBAN, DOWN GOES SUBBAN"

From day one I am on record saying the "trade was a wash" and thought it woud be for some time. Wrong!

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Just listen to what NHL coaches and GM's say about Weber and you understand how much of impact he brings. Does he play those $1M years when he turns 38? Doubt that. So basically, it's 3 or 4 more years and more of the same type of value with some minicule decline but nothing to worry about. He survived with lack of foot speed for years now and that goes into his late 20's.

Honestly, A lot of Habs fans say no but I would see what it takes to acquire Subban. I'd love to have both of them and I would flip Petry for futures if we could get Subban for something around $6M range. I think people are too trendy with Subban's recent play and think he is done like they did with Weber.

How much have you watched Subban this year? I don't pay a lot of attention to his games but I watched the Colorado highlights and he looks super slow out there, like the game is too fast for him. He looks like a fat kid. I don't mean that to be offensive but he lunkers around the ice like his body is too heavy for him. I'd like to see how he'd look if he lost 20-30 lbs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How much have you watched Subban this year? I don't pay a lot of attention to his games but I watched the Colorado highlights and he looks super slow out there, like the game is too fast for him. He looks like a fat kid. I don't mean that to be offensive but he lunkers around the ice like his body is too heavy for him. I'd like to see how he'd look if he lost 20-30 lbs.

He's got more to give and you would be uninspired too if you played for the Devils. I think this is opportunity if you can get Subban for 3 years with a $6M ish cap hit (or less). I feel very comfortable that Subban would outproduce Petry in the next 2/3 years if he was with the Habs.

The same thing you are saying towards Subban today is what people were saying about Weber. Fans fall for small trends. Subban is much better than he looks at the moment.

I'd take Subban back and I think he bust his ass for the Habs like he did before. Doubt Bergevin does this though.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Are Kings on the hook for Kovalchuk's cap hit next year?? If they are this is one bad adventure for the Kings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad