Out of Town Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Stupidity bores me
I take it that you concede since you haven't proven I'm stupid.

This conversation started with the comment from japhi that Weber is a first-ballot HOFer. He isn't. He does not impact the game that significantly. Scoring goals only impact the 15 or less games those goals are scored in. Passing and decision-making are present in every game even if no points are posted. Even a non-HOFer like Markov does more than Weber in those aspects of the game

Too bad you can't comprehend nuance.

The most recent inductees were Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Pronger, and Scott Niedermayer. The next potential first ballot HOFer Dman is Erik Karlsson. Why? Because of the "tangible intangible" they have in controlling the game.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

This conversation started with the comment from japhi that Weber is a first-ballot HOFer. He isn't. He does not impact the game that significantly. Scoring goals only impact the 15 or less games those goals are scored in. Passing and decision-making are present in every game even if no points are posted. Even a non-HOFer like Markov does more than Weber in those aspects of the game

The most recent inductees were Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Pronger, and Scott Niedermayer. The next potential first ballot HOFer Dman is Erik Karlsson. Why? Because of the "tangible intangible" they have in controlling the game.
He will be, he'll get to the HoF in his 1st year of eligibility.

Why ? reputation, Weber is exactly the type of D voters were cheering for when they were young. He is the perfection to them, The comments are always about his size, his hits and his shot... never about the influence he has in a game, never about his ability to tilt the ice. Theres always a good reason for him not to have success in the PO and there's always a good reason for the team he plays for not being so great during regular season.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
LOL! WTF!
NHL wants to send a message about head hunting and ref abuse this would be it. You can't just hit a dude in the head then turn around and intentionally punch a ref straight in the face. This isn't 1976 anymore.

Reactions: ECWHSWI

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Come on you can clearly see that much like a front end collision he had whiplash trauma from the sudden change in forward velocity. Could have been from the grassy knoll. The angle of the Shot clearly caused his head to move back and to the left.
z5jEg4n.gif

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Last edited:
Reactions: Forum93 and Zorba

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If trading PK didn't do it, if not signing Radu and Markov did not do it, if the big contracts to Price and Alzner didn't do it, I hope that if Scherback become a good NHL scorer that it will be the last straw to fire Bergevin.
Don't hold your breath.

Reactions: Forum93

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
In contrast, Gauthier, who looked like his nickname of Vegan Skeletor, had much less leash. He had a bad half-season after two successful seasons, and the entire city was in consensus that he should be fired, with the exception of one poster on this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Being able to play the game in your own end is a valuable commodity, but since you can't quantify it in numerical form, most people don't appreciate these days.

Is it shiny? No ? Then who cares?

That said, is he a first time ballot hall of Famer? Probably not unless the class is somewhat weak. Then again, how many d playing right now actually are ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Being able to play the game in your own end is a valuable commodity, but since you can't quantify it in numerical form, most people don't appreciate these days.

That said, is he a first time ballot hall of Famer? Probably not unless the class is somewhat weak. Then again, how many d playing right now actually are ?
Chara
(maybe) Keith and his 3 cups

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
If trading PK didn't do it, if not signing Radu and Markov did not do it, if the big contracts to Price and Alzner didn't do it, I hope that if Scherback become a good NHL scorer that it will be the last straw to fire Bergevin.

Molson keeps taking the straws off MB's back, I think the only way he will be fired is if they miss the playoffs again, but even then I'm not that confident about it.

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Chara, Karlsson, Doty, Webs, Subban are all first ballots.

Reactions: NeptunesTrident

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bruins Spanked the Leafs lol Even though its the Bruins , its always nice seeing the Leafs get spanked on National CBC appreciate the Leafs Night lol
The Leafs D needs help..........they do not play well in their own end, most nights...being a stacked team up front, will not do it in the playoffs.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Molson keeps taking the straws off MB's back, I think the only way he will be fired is if they miss the playoffs again, but even then I'm not that confident about it.
It seems hopeless, he has made so many mistakes, but then a good summer, and all of a sudden they are giving the guy another 50ft of rope....makes no sense...he should have been fired, when he wouldn't fire Therrien, and traded PK. Everyone knows it...except Money Mol$on.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Guys you guys are hard on bergy we are currently in a wild card spot give the man some credit the job is really hard, it’s not playstation comon all you armchair gm’s couldn’t do a better job or you would be employed instead of him comon job is hard cut the poor man some slack . Hey he got us JD you guys should be more grateful

Reactions: MaxDummy

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Chara
(maybe) Keith and his 3 cups

Chara, Karlsson, Doty, Webs, Subban are all first ballots.

Of the ones listed likely Chara and maybe Keith. Karlsson because of shine. He put up points who really cares if he was sub par defensively ?

I say maybe Keith as, again depending on who he's against might miss.

Doughty is overrated and at this point I wouldn't put him in first ballot, but you never know.

Weber has been a steady force, but never won anything to increase his shine. Subban has a Norris trophy in a shortened season to give him some shine, but not enough I don't think.

Obviously based at this time in their careers.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Doughty has a Norris, two Stanley Cups and plenty of international success. You can argue he's overrated, but he has a strong chance of making the HHOF. Not as a first ballot tho imo.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
In contrast, Gauthier, who looked like his nickname of Vegan Skeletor, had much less leash. He had a bad half-season after two successful seasons, and the entire city was in consensus that he should be fired, with the exception of one poster on this board.

He no longer posts here? I remember reading years ago before I signed up and was just a lurker, there was always one guy who hated everything Gainey, but loved everything Pierre Gauthier. I always found it to be a very odd take. I forget his take, something about marbles I think.

Reactions: DAChampion

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Guys you guys are hard on bergy we are currently in a wild card spot give the man some credit the job is really hard, it’s not playstation comon all you armchair gm’s couldn’t do a better job or you would be employed instead of him comon job is hard cut the poor man some slack . Hey he got us JD you guys should be more grateful
Bergevin deserves credit.....credit for being a coward with no direction.....this is his 7th year as GM and not once has he tried to go all in and win the cup .....he needed to add to his core and fix his center ice position while you had Price having great years and while you had Subban and then Weber....nothing was done ...all other GM's have the courage to mortgage the future and go for it not Bergevin he will not go all in and try and win in the present and he will not tear it down and try to get top players in the draft for 2-3 years and win in the future.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad