Out of Town Thread: (Subtitle TBD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ceci and Claesson are the other names I saw thrown around, but I don't think either are enough to get COL interested.

I think it would require a pretty valuable forward asset (like Galchenyuk) if they are going to trade him 1 for 1. Or else, they would need a solid defenseman or defenseman prospect coming back along with that high end forward prospect (Colin white).

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I think it would require a pretty valuable forward asset (like Galchenyuk) if they are going to trade him 1 for 1. Or else, they would need a solid defenseman or defenseman prospect coming back along with that high end forward prospect (Colin white).

I don't think they would take Galchenyuk 1-for-1, again just based on the rumors of COL's insanely high ask. Galchenyuk + Juulsen/Mete + 1st more likely.

It all depends on what they want too. If they want to use Duchene to get a high-end D, Galchenyuk doesn't have much value to them so it doesn't matter what else we add.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Vegas Twitter account is savage. :laugh:

It's official new rivalry! Savage! :laugh:

giphy.gif

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
In a vacuum, Galchenyuk straight up for Duchene would be a net loss in value across the line.

Better offensive player, better cap hit, better term, younger and no history of complaining or sulking.

In terms of fit and overall impact its a marginal improvement if not sideways.

Since he missed the boat on Radu, MB needs to find a way to add Duchene without touching our main core.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ducks traded Théodore to Vegas, lost Lindholm and Vatanen to injuries till January. Kessler is out till further notice.

Getzlaf and Perry are getting older.

Man, that's gonna be hard.

Lindholm is only out until November 1st. Vatanen "might" be available to play at some point in November. Kesler's the one looking at a January return or so.

They'll be fine with a month of:

Fowler-Montour
Beauchemin-Manson
Megna/Larsson/Holzer-Bieksa

for a month, followed by:

Lindholm-Montour
Fowler-Manson
Beauchemin-Bieksa

and ultimately:

Lindholm-Montour
Fowler-Manson
Beauchemin/Bieksa-Vatanen

plus they have Gibson and Miller. They'll be okay for a month. Getzlaf hasn't really shown signs of slowing down and could probably produce more if he shot more. Perry is slowing down, though.

Man the Habs twitter and social media are so bad.

Yeah they've always been bad.

Jul 6, 2016
In a vacuum, Galchenyuk straight up for Duchene would be a net loss in value across the line.

Better offensive player, better cap hit, better term, younger and no history of complaining or sulking.

Since he missed the boat on Radu, MB needs to find a way to add Duchene without touching our main core.

Explain me how he can do that ?

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Sergachev's goal tonight.

I don't think Mete will ever be able to pull that kind of wrister on a pinch, that was a beauty. He still has better acceleration and defensive IQ than Sergachev, which is alright I guess - other young Ds have size, and we have a few guys who can shoot now.

I'm confident we'll see more Drouin highlight reel goals than Sergachev ones, short and long term. Asset wise, that's who we should compare Serge to after all...

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Got those capspace blues?

Can`t get the Hossa itch?

Try Lou`s Lupul loophole.

Fot instant(gram) relief.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah you guys should really be cheering for Sergachev to make the team this year — it’s a very, very good draft to have three second round picks.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Yeah you guys should really be cheering for Sergachev to make the team this year — it’s a very, very good draft to have three second round picks.

So what are the chances that Sergachev actually makes the team this year? Is Tampa in desperate need of someone to fill a D spot this year?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I don’t think it would simply be a marginal upgrade. The Habs have been average at taking faceoffs for years. His speed also fits perfectly with this forward group. If the trade happened, the only average skater in the Top 9 would be Hudon.

And “sulking†is harsh. They’ve treated him like crap publicly. If your employer said “hey Gobias, we don’t really like you anymore, so we are looking to transfer you to another office in another city. We can’t tell you when or where or if you’ll like it. Oh and you can’t quit.†It’s a ****** situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad