Montreal
Not necessarily. Reiterating:

- Eller was two years younger than Pacioretty is now;
- Eller is a centre;
- Eller is specifically what Washington was looking for;
- Eller is a better playoff warrior than Pacioretty;
- Eller is outstanding on the penalty kill;

Again... What is your point?

Give me a break with your PO warrior, Eller had two great PO runs out of 5. Pacioretty didn't suck balls in the PO all the time! He also had decent PO runs.

Pacioretty can kill penalties also.

Pacioretty is a solid first liner on the majority of teams in the league! Eller is a second liner at best!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Again... What is your point?

Give me a break with your PO warrior, Eller had two great PO runs out of 5. Pacioretty didn't suck balls in the PO all the time! He also had decent PO runs.

Pacioretty can kill penalties also.

Pacioretty is a solid first liner on the majority of teams in the league! Eller is a second liner at best!

Nope, Eller has competed very effectively in each of his playoffs. Sometimes the points weren't there, but don't worry other teams know about PDO, particularly well-managed teams like the Caps.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Nope, Eller has competed very effectively in each of his playoffs. Sometimes the points weren't there, but don't worry other teams know about PDO, particularly well-managed teams like the Caps.
Pacioretty led the team in any possible metric against the Rangers but points and nobody cared! So, please...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Pacioretty led the team in any possible metric against the Rangers but points and nobody cared! So, please...

LOL, after every Habs playoff loss people come up with irrelevant metrics. They're not convincing because it's clearly cherry picking.

Pacioretty is and has been a weak playoff player on the Habs. He's not on the level of guys like Gallagher, Subban, and Eller.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
In the end, for Pacioretty to be effective on an offensively-challenged team, he must get points on the board.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I think that he could actually do well in a different role on another team, as a second-line LW.

Yeah. Pacioretty will do great with a team that has better forwards than him. He's another player that will have good success with his new team because he will be use in a role that would fit him best. He can't be the best forward of a team but in a secondary role, he'd be perfect. Exactly like Kessel. Not comparing the players but the situation.

That said. I won't miss him though. I don't see him having success with the Habs with the way this team is built and managed.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015

That is gonna look like such a steal long term wow Gibson is unreal! Only injuries could make this deal look bad.

Great deal locking him up long for cheap he should have been a Vezina nominee last year and I expect him to be a top 3 goalies for the contract.

Damn though he must really like living in Anaheim could have easily gotten more.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Gibson is prone to bad goaltending spells and having a weird attitude. I’d still rather have that contract than Price’s though.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
PK Subban on the NHL cover.

You know whats funny?

On the trailer right after Gretzky they show Subban.

Legend in the making.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad