Out of Town Thread Part XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Love Spittin' Chiclets. Very honest and they tell it like it. Great podcast everybody should listen it.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Theyre not available

images

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
All this stuff on Peters is crazy. Got to wonder if it will start the floodgates for a few more coaches. I've heard some crazy stories from Terry Ryan before about his experiences (some stuff about Therrien) and he said the game hadn't changed much.. Sometimes it was hard to believe but now I wonder lol

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Well they added Burakovsky, Kadri and Makar in one off season. Thats a 1C , a 1st line winger and a first D, on the habs.
Yep. Andre Burakovsky. I liked this guy in Washington but obviously. He didnt played too much cause they were strong enough without him on PP. this type of big guy could certainly help here in Montreal but bergevin didnt see it

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Addiction happens in many different ways and theres a lot of factors that can play into it. Accessibility is probably the biggest factor, dopamine reaction another, withdrawals would be another big one. Nicotine, Alcohol and Cocaine probably score around the same level and heroin scores higher for sure. Opiates would rank lower than all of those. If I remember my class I took on addictions last winter, Alcohol is the one with the worst dopamine effect and its also really fun to be drunk and to top it all off, probably the easiest to get by and the less looked down on. Its a no-brainer.

Edit: That wasn't clear but you could think of it as a simple mathematical formula of Pleasure+dopamine reaction+withdrawal+accessibility Alcohol would probably have the worst addiction score of all with heroin trailing it because its more expensive, harder to get by, has harsher withdrawal symptoms but provides more pleasure

Actually, the biggest factor is predisposition, which is brought about with childhood traumas and neglect.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Are the Real Leafs back? or is Detroit the worst team in the NHL?

(or a little bit of both)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Actually, the biggest factor is predisposition, which is brought about with childhood traumas and neglect.
The question was which drug is the most addictive, genetic predisposition changes from drug to drug, you'd have to expect thats theres about a similar chance for every drug in the not-so random genetic lottery.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The question was which drug is the most addictive, genetic predisposition changes from drug to drug, you'd have to expect thats theres about a similar chance for every drug in the not-so random genetic lottery.

I didnt talk about genetic predisposition. What im talking about is epigenetic effects regulating and setting basal levels of hormones and neurotransmitters that have to do with motivation/reward, set with cues from the physical and psycho-social environment in the formative years, especially prenatal and the first 3 post partum years.

And the bolded part is mostly untrue as most drugs act on the same dopaminergic pathways (mesolimbic and mesocortical), that's why they are called "dope", which is the seat of addiction (nucleus accumbens).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad