Out of Town Thread Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
:scared:

gotta think MB & the habs are one of the three...

Yup, gotta believe the Habs are involved.

As long as the package includes Drouin.

I’ve seen several suggest Drouin, Suzuki and Juulsen. Add a pick if needed and leave Domi out of it.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
If Bergevin manages to land Laine, he'll be making up for lot of previous gaffes.

He's be an instant hit with KK.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Watch this, it's going to be the NYR for like a 1st + Kreider +Hajek.......SOB!!
I really wouldn't be that surprised if he ends up going for a shockingly small return, Dany Heatley style. It's always much harder to get max value when everybody else in the league knows your team is in a complicated situation

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If Bergevin manages to land Laine, he'll be making up for lot of previous gaffes.

He's be an instant hit with KK.

Would it not depend on how much Bergevin would end up paying? If Domi, Brook and Primeau plus a 1st rounder were involved, would you be as enthusiastic?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What a turnaround would it be if they manage to get Laine too

Nice dream but to me, it’s all about price to be paid. How far will MB be willing to go?

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I really wouldn't be that surprised if he ends up going for a shockingly small return, Dany Heatley style. It's always much harder to get max value when everybody else in the league knows your team is in a complicated situation

I agree but MTL really need to be on this.

If I had to guess what Winnipeg would want;

Drouin or Danault
Mete
Any prospect they want or our first next year unprotected

we pull the trigger?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I would agree with you. While I would welcome Laine, I'm almost afraid to know what the return will be.

yeah, will be interesting to see what kind of bidding war Cheveldayoff can generate... he's not operating from an ideal position of strength btw teams who would need to send considerable salary the other way, teams that don't have enough of a need at top-6 W to justify the assets given up, and teams that get spooked by some of the attitude/health flags that have been floating around...

but, it only takes one GM willing to aggressively go all in for the price to sky-rocket.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Would it not depend on how much Bergevin would end up paying? If Domi, Brook and Primeau plus a 1st rounder were involved, would you be as enthusiastic?
You're right, he could easily get fleeced, but he's a shrewd bargainer, remember?

A first rounder is almost guaranteed price, the rest would depend. Maybe a 2nd and a prospect, for a Pure Laine scorer.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nice dream but to me, it’s all about price to be paid. How far will MB be willing to go?

Exactly. I'm not worried about draft picks in the least. But I'm afraid to wonder which roster player(s) and which prospect(s) would need to be heading to Winnipeg in the trade.

And where Winnipeg is right now, I think they'd be looking for roster players and NHL or near NHL-ready prospects more than draft picks.

Reactions: Miller Time

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
yeah, will be interesting to see what kind of bidding war Cheveldayoff can generate... he's not operating from an ideal position of strength btw teams who would need to send considerable salary the other way, teams that don't have enough of a need at top-6 W to justify the assets given up, and teams that get spooked by some of the attitude/health flags that have been floating around...

but, it only takes one GM willing to aggressively go all in for the price to sky-rocket.

For once they would need another player in the top6 for sure, either a center or most likely a LW to suit up with Little and Ehlers. Secondly, they need a cheap LD to play on the top 4 behind Morrissey because Kulikov is not going to cut it. Lastly they would ask for a premier prospect most likely a forward and they would probably want to see the MTL rookie camp to see the development of Poehling and Suzuki and then make their choice unless they prefer Caufield but I would be surprise looking how big they like their player. My guess they would want Drouin + Mete + Poehling.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For once they would need another player in the top6 for sure, either a center or most likely a LW to suit up with Little and Ehlers. Secondly, they need a cheap LD to play on the top 4 behind Morrissey because Kulikov is not going to cut it. Lastly they would ask for a premier prospect most likely a forward and they would probably want to see the MTL rookie camp to see the development of Poehling and Suzuki and then make their choice ulast they prefer Caufield but I would be surprise. My guess they would want Drouin + Mete + Poehling.

I’d be good with Drouin and Mete and add from there. I’d rather include a Lehkonen as the third player if it can be pulled off, plus add a pick as required..

Reactions: Adam Michaels

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I’d be good with Drouin and Mete and add from there. I’d rather include a Lehkonen as the third player if it can be pulled off, plus add a pick as required..

They run a really tight budget right now so I believe they wouldn't want Lehkonen and most likely an almost ready prospect like Poehling or Suzuki to play on their 3rd line. Only a guess from my part tho....

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For once they would need another player in the top6 for sure, either a center or most likely a LW to suit up with Little and Ehlers. Secondly, they need a cheap LD to play on the top 4 behind Morrissey because Kulikov is not going to cut it. Lastly they would ask for a premier prospect most likely a forward and they would probably want to see the MTL rookie camp to see the development of Poehling and Suzuki and then make their choice unless they prefer Caufield but I would be surprise looking how big they like their player. My guess they would want Drouin + Mete + Poehling.

That is a good point. Winnipeg replaces Toronto in the Rookie Showcase so the Jets' brass will get a closer look at Montreal's prospects. You can bet that MB and KC will meet up there and talk. Some face-to-face wheelin' n' dealin'.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
For once they would need another player in the top6 for sure, either a center or most likely a LW to suit up with Little and Ehlers. Secondly, they need a cheap LD to play on the top 4 behind Morrissey because Kulikov is not going to cut it. Lastly they would ask for a premier prospect most likely a forward and they would probably want to see the MTL rookie camp to see the development of Poehling and Suzuki and then make their choice unless they prefer Caufield but I would be surprise. My guess they would want Drouin + Mete + Poehling.

yeah, will be interesting to see what they focus on for the return... I think with their current core, and having a pretty decent sub-25 group of talent/prospects, that they'll be heavier on immediate contributors at value cap-hits...

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
That is a good point. Winnipeg replaces Toronto in the Rookie Showcase so the Jets' brass will get a closer look at Montreal's prospects. You can bet that MB and KC will meet up there and talk. Some face-to-face wheelin' n' dealin'.

We know that MB and KC are pretty good friend too and let sink that...I can't imagine Winnipeg willing to start the season whitout Laine on the team, it sound like the teammates are already fed up with his act and looking how bad Willy Nylander look after missing half a season, I really don't see Winnipeg taking the road. Either he's sign in the next 2 weeks or he's a goner IMO.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A way the price could be lowered is if there's someone else Winnipeg wants to move out. Having Laine as part of the deal will still be costly. But if Jets want to shed (as an example) Perreault and his two years at $4.15M cap hit, then that may bring the price down.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
yeah, will be interesting to see what they focus on for the return... I think with their current core, and having a pretty decent sub-25 group of talent/prospects, that they'll be heavier on immediate contributors at value cap-hits...

My guess as well, Winnipeg need to win now, they won't ask for picks or prospects who aren't NHL ready.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
A way the price could be lowered is if there's someone else Winnipeg wants to move out. Having Laine as part of the deal will still be costly. But if Jets want to shed (as an example) Perreault and his two years at $4.15M cap hit, then that may bring the price down.

Who can take on 13M right now whitout trading at least 5M the other way? Ottawa and Columbus? maybe NJ? Do they have what it takes for Winnipeg to entice them?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They run a really tight budget right now so I believe they wouldn't want Lehkonen and most likely an almost ready prospect like Poehling or Suzuki to play on their 3rd line. Only a guess from my part tho....

I think you have a point — it’s going to hurt to get this done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad