Out of Town Thread Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would be ecstatic if Bergevin could get Domi signed to the Keller contract.

Domi is the type of player that would be worthy of that type of risk and commitment.

I’ll agree with other posters who have been suggesting that getting it done now would cost less.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
DSP on a PTO for Calgary.
Also, Grenier (who played in Laval last year) on a PTO for Calgary, as well.

Three ex-Hab .org. guys on that list. Wasn’t Reider with the Oil and got unfairly blamed by someone in the Oiler front office for the team’s misfortunes?

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
That ship sailed 1 year ago. By now it has reached the limits of the flat earth. It's going to be between 8 and 9 millions unless Domi is a very very very loyal dog.
That's what I'm worried about. Domi could've had way more than 72 points if we had a good PP. He was top 15 in the league in ES point scoring with 61 points. If we had a better PP, he would have easily been a PPG guy. Domi hitting 85 points next year is extremely realistic.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That's what I'm worried about. Domi could've had way more than 72 points if we had a good PP. He was top 15 in the league in ES point scoring with 61 points. If we had a better PP, he would have easily been a PPG guy. Domi hitting 85 points next year is extremely realistic.

As it stands, the PP cast hasn't changed much from last year. They might be better because they don't have space to get worse, but domi's even strength stats will also be difficult to replicate.

I think it's more likely that domi falls in 65 point range than elevating even higher than last year.

Now, even a 65 point season to back up the 72 points is going to get him a higher annual salary than Keller..

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If he gives him the same as Aho but with longer term I have no problem.
will be 25 at seasons end, gotta be careful with longer term.

anyway, I think he'll wait for UFA unless he gets an amazing offer.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
will be 25 at seasons end, gotta be careful with longer term.

anyway, I think he'll wait for UFA unless he gets an amazing offer.

33 years old is what Subban will be at the end of his deal. I'm not really worried. Domi is a tough sob and he's fast so even if he gets slower he'll just be average. He'll still have hockey IQ, hands and a good wrister. 8 million is nothing now for a first-liner, but ideally he accepts around 7M*8 years.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I didn’t think we’d keep seeing 8 year deals with the market appearing to favor 5 year terms.

It's all about where the player is in his career.
Players like Marner, Werenski, Tkachuk, Matthews, Aho, Rantanen are gunning to get that 8 years deal at maximum value and in today's NHL, it's around 25-26 years old. On top of that, they all know with the new CBA, Cap rising, New television deals coming soon….everybody knows there will be a lot more money available in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad