Out of Town Thread Part XXIII

If healthy all year, how many goals will Galchenyuk score playing with Crosby or Malkin?

• Less than 20

• 20-29

• 30-34

• 35 - 39

• 40-49

• 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I'm more excited that apparently Bergy's not done yet. Remember those halcyon days of yore when ''offer sheets just [didn't] happen?''

MB can send 20 other offer sheets if he wants.... At the end he will have ZERO player anyway.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
MB needs to be bold anyways. Dude’s missed the playoffs 3/4 years and his job could very well be gone if he doesn’t make them this year, so he’s gonna go full heel.

Reactions: angusyoung

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
What's your price on Laine?

You would have to try to squeeze them on AAV, is the troubling part. They have 22.8 million in cap, but they only have 7 forwards signed for next season, and they have to sign Connor and Pionk as well. You'd have to go pretty high. At least as high as we went for Aho, if not more. I think the one-dollar-short-of-4-firsts is as high as I'd be willing to go.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You would have to try to squeeze them on AAV, is the troubling part. They have 22.8 million in cap, but they only have 7 forwards signed for next season, and they have to sign Connor and Pionk as well. You'd have to go pretty high. At least as high as we went for Aho, if not more. I think the one-dollar-short-of-4-firsts is as high as I'd be willing to go.
Agreed. I'd also look at getting Borgstrom to roll a Borgstrom-Kotkaniemi-Laine line if a Laine offer sheet happens. DAT SIZE, DOZE SKILLZ.

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
It's gonna be hard to pull him out, iirc he likes Winnipeg as a city and as a team. Getting him to sign + Winnipeg letting him go will be harder than Carolina giving up Aho imo.

If we were certain KK was gonna be a 1st line elite center then he'd be a great target. I'm just afraid of putting on a line with Danault/Domi as a C lol.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It just really feels like this is the summer Bergevin is going wild because if he misses the playoffs his job is over here. I wouldn’t be surprised at least.

It honestly does seem like he’s prepared to throw offer sheets at any RFA forward at this point.

I like it, but it also does smell like a guy who knows his job is on the line.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It just really feels like this is the summer Bergevin is going wild because if he misses the playoffs his job is over here. I wouldn’t be surprised at least.

It honestly does seem like he’s prepared to throw offer sheets at any RFA forward at this point.

I love it. We have the financial means to do it, so let's do it.

Reactions: Redux91

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

I understand but I love it at the same time. Why shouldn't organisations that have financial power use it as a weapon to acquire players. Irrelevant mickey mouse organisations down south that only survive because of the flow of cash coming from the north sure don't hesitate using to beautiful weather and tax benefits from attracting free agents. I really don't care how it looks anymore, if it's within the rules then it's fine by me. Top ufa's don't ever come to Canada and I don't blame them, given the choice I would play in California. It's not a level playing field to begin with so I really don't mind teams that can't land ufa's to go the offer sheet route. Enough of this being polite, we should use every goddamn advantage we can to get better.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I understand but I love it at the same time. Why shouldn't organisations that have financial power use it as a weapon to acquire players. Irrelevant mickey mouse organisations down south that only survive because of the flow of cash coming from the north sure don't hesitate using to beautiful weather and tax benefits from attracting free agents. I really don't care how it looks anymore, if it's within the rules then it's fine by me. Top ufa's don't ever come to Canada and I don't blame them, given the choice I would play in California. It's not a level playing field to begin with so I really don't mind teams that can't land ufa's to go the offer sheet route. Enough of this being polite, we should use every goddamn advantage we can to get better.

Right on.

Even now you can find rumblings on this board from fans of southern teams complaining about the ''salary bonus loophole.'' You will find absolutely no sympathy from said fans if you point out their tax advantage. In fact, absurdly enough, they will probably say that Northern teams enjoy other advantages, like larger markets, the advantage of which they wouldn't mind seeing shut down.

f*** these small markets, gimme dem players.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
They're at around $9.75m in cap space. They have 24 players, so someone's going to the AHL (probably Marincin) and can put Horton's $5,3m on LTIR. They can get to $10.5m if they waive Petan and his $775,000. Going with 22 man roster.

Still, no space for Marner's $11m ask.

He'll have to drop to $9.5m, maybe $10m.

Theyre running out of players to trade too lol..

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Right on.

Even now you can find rumblings on this board from fans of southern teams complaining about the ''salary bonus loophole.'' You will find absolutely no sympathy from said fans if you point out their tax advantage. In fact, absurdly enough, they will probably say that Northern teams enjoy other advantages, like larger markets, the advantage of which they wouldn't mind seeing shut down.

**** these small markets, gimme dem players.

Small markets? **** EVERYONE

fTTBLia.gif

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
Nice to see that one was offered, but unsurprising that Brayden turned it down.

Boy, sure would've been easier to just draft him instead of Brett ****ing Lernout, wouldn't it?

or drafting Aho instead of Juulsen. People should have been fired for going after trash defensemen when we had literally no center depth of prospects or in the pros. I don't care if 30 other teams passed on them, the habs should never pass on f***ing centers. Or even Fischer over Giroux, this is a story as old as time with the habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad