Out Of Town Thread Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I’m sure there’s a poster like yourself for every team board that thinks this way......

No team goes 82-0
No teams GA is Zero at the end of the year
No team has a PP of 100%
And no team harvests 7 future NHLers in a draft, year in year out

I’m awaiting the team that drafts at 100% rate
And no one in the league would ever use any of those arguments to justify their failures, unless they knew they were about to get fired.

Reactions: Miller Time

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
No need the purple pants is already revolting enough :sarcasm:
Was it purple like this??

7-UiaiHVqWUtiFH7.jpg

:sarcasm:

Reactions: the and Runner77

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
If you paid attention, you would notice all the hardcore critics of Bergevin, myself included, are all very positive about the players we drafted.

Need I name a few, or can we lay this fallacy to rest?

Right on, good to hear others are excited about the future. Put that fallacy to rest, looking forward to checking the forum tomorrow and seeing lots of positive stuff

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The left D was destroyed. Not so much the right D. Subban-Petry or Weber-Petry doesn't make a huge difference. It is the left side that suffered the most. Who would you had kept on left side that was so valuable ? 39 yo Markov ? Party Boy Beaulieu ? Unproven Sergachev ? Emelin ?
I am so tired of reading posts like this. More excuses... more on why we can't do things...

You pick up Subban and you've now turned a weakness into a strength on the back end. You also free up Petry (who's on a great contract and would have loads of value) to be dealt for somebody on the left side.

When you can get elite talent you do it. Panarin, Subban, Hall, Kessel... you make those moves all day long. You don't sit there and try to come up with excuses why it can't be done.

And Subban would've been an awesome move for MB in particular because it would've undone a mistake and he could've laid claim to the fact that he'd now had both players.

Last week you were telling us Kessel was unavailable. Yesterday he's traded...

Stop saying there's nobody to get. Stop saying that they won't come here. Stop saying trades can't be made by us. It's BS.

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Did people on this forum discuss the Galchenyuk-Kessel trade? What was the consensus?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I am so tired of reading posts like this. More excuses... more on why we can't do things...

You pick up Subban and you've now turned a weakness into a strength on the back end. You also free up Petry (who's on a great contract and would have loads of value) to be dealt for somebody on the left side.

When you can get elite talent you do it. Panarin, Subban, Hall, Kessel... you make those moves all day long. You don't sit there and try to come up with excuses why it can't be done.

And Subban would've been an awesome move for MB in particular because it would've undone a mistake and he could've laid claim to the fact that he'd now had both players.

Last week you were telling us Kessel was unavailable. Yesterday he's traded...

Stop saying there's nobody to get. Stop saying that they won't come here. Stop saying trades can't be made by us. It's BS.
Subban would have love to be back in Montreal.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Can't avoid the toxicity it's self perpetuating somewhere in our front office.
It's always the same story, we have a huge gaping hole in the lineup and he does nothing about it. It used to be center and now it's our D. For two years now we've had the worst left side in the NHL and with Weber out our D was among the absolute worst in the league overall.

For Pete's sake... fix the D. Get a legit number one guy on the left side. If he actually does this then the critics will quiet down a little. Go actually DO something to fix the D.

Gostisbehere is supposedly available. Pony up for him. He's on a great contract and we have forwards to trade. Get it over with and then you can let guys like Suzuki and Poehling into the lineup. All of a sudden we'd be a pretty decent team. Until he fixes that D though we're a bubble team at best.

I don't like bashing MB. I'd love to say he's done a good job. It's just frustrating watching him sit on the sidelines every year while we have these huge holes.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Was posting this in another thread but it probably belongs here.

I sincerely hope Lou offers Marner 13 mil as revenge for Tavares. I don't expect this to happen (I'd be shocked) but my God would that ever be entertaining.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Did people on this forum discuss the Galchenyuk-Kessel trade? What was the consensus?
I don't understand it from Arizona's perspective. They aren't winning anything right now so why add an older player?

Totally get that there's a new owner and he wants to make a splash but this move doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me right now from their perspective.

As for Pittsburgh, I'm guessing this is more of a cap move than anything. Personally I'd have tried to hang onto Kessel if I were them. Kessel's really good and it's not a coincidence that they won back to backs as soon as they traded for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad