Out Of Town Thread Part XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I thought the purple pants were a joke and a shop until i saw another picture of him posted on Twitter by someone official where he was wearing the purple pants in some sort of gala or something.

The pants were never purple, it was a photoshop. Had an extensive post about it where I showed evidence of shooping.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They're gaining like 1.5 million? Ceci is going to demand 5M.

Ceci has arbitration rights. It'll go to arbitration and if he wins more than $4.4m then Toronto can walk away making Ceci a free agent.

For now, he has no contract against the cap, while the Leafs shed $6,6m in Zaitsev & Brown. They already have $5.5m in cap space and an LTIR contract in Horton ($5.3m).

At minimum they have their original $5.5m space, plus the additional $6.6m they're picking up in the trade. And, they can add a player to fill Horton's spot. $12.1m plus the $5.3m of LTIR.

They have about $15m-$16m. If Marner signs for $11m that still leaves them $4m-$5m to sign some D. Rumours are they want to bring back Hainsey.

Of course, if Ceci gets a $4.35m award in arbitration, they're screwed again if they go ahead and sign Marner & Hainsey and can't walk away from Ceci.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
The pants were never purple, it was a photoshop. Had an extensive post about it where I showed evidence of shooping.

I think he's talking about this pair not the antichambre ones

img_1192.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's always the same story, we have a huge gaping hole in the lineup and he does nothing about it. It used to be center and now it's our D. For two years now we've had the worst left side in the NHL and with Weber out our D was among the absolute worst in the league overall.

For Pete's sake... fix the D. Get a legit number one guy on the left side. If he actually does this then the critics will quiet down a little. Go actually DO something to fix the D.

Gostisbehere is supposedly available. Pony up for him. He's on a great contract and we have forwards to trade. Get it over with and then you can let guys like Suzuki and Poehling into the lineup. All of a sudden we'd be a pretty decent team. Until he fixes that D though we're a bubble team at best.

I don't like bashing MB. I'd love to say he's done a good job. It's just frustrating watching him sit on the sidelines every year while we have these huge holes.

I've felt more than once he doesn't see the hole for the warm body. DD was a great example of a stakeholder leaking like a sieve.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
On a different topic RDS just hired Guy Boucher. Look at the vid on RDS, and look at Therrien. He seems to be angry at something :laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think he's talking about this pair not the antichambre ones

img_1192.jpg

No there was another photo on Hockey30 a lot more clearer than this one. I posted the link above sadly the photo was removed. If the one on Hockey30 was a shop it was a very very high quality shop.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
@Habs Icing Maybe with the Preds signing Duchene to 8M now you understand why they moved PK with his 9M. It was about cap space, as Poile mentioned and many here tried explaining to you, and nothing to do with some bad unknown issue with PK.
I'm sure you'll come up with some excuse to spin this around though and not admit being completely wrong.

Reactions: Chez Jesperi

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
MB was tr
@Habs Icing Maybe with the Preds signing Duchene to 8M now you understand why they moved PK with his 9M. It was about cap space, as Poile mentioned and many here tried explaining to you, and nothing to do with some bad unknown issue with PK.
I'm sure you'll come up with some excuse to spin this around though and not admit being completely wrong.
MB opened up cap space too and traded a far less valuable player in Shaw for just a little less return. P.K. 2 x 2nd & 2 AHL fodder. Shaw 1 x 2nd & 1 x 3rd. And a bout a third of the posts were bytching what a poor return MB got for Shaw. Yea, there's nothing to read into this P.K. story. Let's move on. :sarcasm::laugh:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
MB was tr

MB opened up cap space too and traded a far less valuable player in Shaw for just a little less return. P.K. 2 x 2nd & 2 AHL fodder. Shaw 1 x 2nd & 1 x 3rd. Yea, there's nothing to read into this. Let's move on.:laugh:

How so predictable. Lame.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Rangers continuing to show why having a vision & the balls/competence to follow it is how you build towards excellence...

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Check

Never seen a suit with a button fly before. :laugh:

How could MB not like this guy? They dress exactly the same.

giphy.gif

I think you might have cracked the reason behind the trade, there can only be one fashion trendsetter on the Habs at any one time (they're like highlanders but more purple)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Nill/Dallas also having a good offseason...

Adding Pavelski, Perry & Sekera for 10M in cap (+bonuses)...

They are set up for success heading into this year (even if Perry/Sekera don't meet/exceed relatively low expectations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad