Out of Town Thread Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What a way to end a great game.

Imagine how deflating this has to be on the Blues.

The Sharks tie it in the closing moments.

And then losing in OT on account of a hand pass.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We'd trade a player like that.

We'd bring him to free agency and then try all kinds of cockamamie cheap-ass negotiating tactics until he signs somewhere else.

When you have a player of that ilk, you gotta do everything in your power to make sure you don't lose him. Live and learn, I guess.

Reactions: hockeyfan2k18

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Add a third referee, in a video booth to call down and eliminate stuff like this.

A playoff game shouldn't end on a mistake of that level.

Reactions: Oryxo and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What's gonna end up happening eventually that everything will be reviewable.

I think that is inevitable. The puck is always moving faster than the eye.

NHL GMs are going to have to address it. You can't have every scoring play automatically reviewed in all aspects, however, maybe a rule can be instituted that for the playoffs, any goal that ties a game or decides it in OT, is automatically reviewable in all of its facets.

Reactions: JianYang and Chili

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Add a third referee, in a video booth to call down and eliminate stuff like this.

A playoff game shouldn't end on a mistake of that level.

I don't know why in 2019, games can still be decided in this manner. NHL has always had a bush league rep and lagged in this area. Maybe this will turn the tide.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Imagine how deflating this has to be on the Blues.

The Sharks tie it in the closing moments.

And then losing in OT on account of a hand pass.
I guess they would remind themselves they had enough chances to win in regulation.

Tough loss no matter how it ended, the missed call adds to it though for sure.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He is helping his team win the cup. I mean that OT goal against Vegas was all him. It could have sent the Sharks to the golf course if it wasn't for him.

He had a hand in the OT goal against vegas. It wasn't all him, and if you look at his overall work, he's had alot of problems too.

The guy is hurt, and I understand that he's not at full strength, but I'm not pumping his tires either. That's a little much considering his overall work in the playoffs.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He had a hand in the OT goal against vegas. It wasn't all him, and if you look at his overall work, he's had alot of problems too.

The guy is hurt, and I understand that he's not at full strength, but I'm not pumping his tires either. That's a little much considering his overall work in the playoffs.

Perfect interception followed by a perfect pass

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

NHL GMs are going to have to address it. You can't have every scoring play automatically reviewed in all aspects, however, maybe a rule can be instituted that for the playoffs, any goal that ties a game or decides it in OT, is automatically reviewable in all of its facets.
If you had enough manpower and camera angles and the videos were available immediately I don't see why all aspects of a goal couldn't be automatically reviewed and decided upon within 30 seconds to 3 minutes maximum.

Reactions: Runner77

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Can you guys imagine how we would have bought the refs if we would be San Jose and all those chances they got from the refs? But then for San Jose, it's just bad refs...lol

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So what did you think of that missed OT call against your former team Barret Jackman? :)

wuhwhat.gif

And since Carlo Colaiacovo chimed in here's that other awesome St Louis Blues GIF. :)

xglyi.gif

Tough luck for the Blues but they do have 2 of the best hockey GIF's of all time so that must count for something right. :)

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

I honestly wouldn't be opposed to that...imagine if the habs were on the receiving end of that OT goal? The city would be ashes by now.

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I mean, they review and replay all the goals already. For some reason they can't call obvious mistakes back though.
Meanwhile, the guy with half a toe out who's not even involved in the play...that's okay to call back. A hand pass?..Nope.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I honestly wouldn't be opposed to that...imagine if the habs were on the receiving end of that OT goal? The city would be ashes by now.

Downtown Montreal would be in flames, if that were to happen to the Habs.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Referees don't have to stop the play unless they think it's a deliberate hand pass, which it obviously wasn't. Anyway, the puck clearly touches Bouwmeester's leg so that negates any hand pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: vokiel

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I take this quote from the Athetic ; That scout is going with a very controversial conclusion to the need of the Predators . Please stay cool and discuss :surrender

" One longtime scout, executive and player who has known Poile for years said there is zero chance Poile simply sits back and hopes this turns itself around and that Poile will make at least one big move this offseason. While the team needs to shore up the middle, there is a more pressing problem, this scout said: the team seems to have lost its identity. “You know what they need? They need Shea Weber back, that’s exactly what they need,” the source said."
Swing and a miss.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Referees don't have to stop the play unless they think it's a deliberate hand pass, which it obviously wasn't. Anyway, the puck clearly touches Bouwmeester's leg so that negates any hand pass.
Adriatic completely missing the mark.

In other news, the sky is still blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad