Out of Town Thread Part XVI: Gotta love Game 7 action

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He got double whammied. Stastny could have been double minored for interference. Collectively, that is 6 penalty minutes.

From what I saw, the Statsny play wasn't a penalty. Statsny was trying to go the point and all of a sudden Pavelski's in his lane - he was just driving to the point and pushed Pavelski out of the way.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Tough to blame ref because there's no way he could see this correctly. But ya that was a horrible call. At most a 2 min penalty. These plays should be reviewed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I didn't see it live. Looks like a 2 min. penalty. Also some fine embellishment.

I agree with the 2 minute part. However, not doubting that Pavelski fell hard, he bled on the ice immediately upon impact.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
From what I saw, the Statsny play wasn't a penalty. Statsny was trying to go the point and all of a sudden Pavelski's in his lane - he was just driving to the point and pushed Pavelski out of the way.

That's how I see it too. Pavelski just happened to appear in his path. Should have been a 2 mins. to Eakin for cross-checking. And even at that, if Pavelski doesn't fall awkwardly, who knows if the ref would have even called it, so late in the game.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I honestly don't know if that's even 2 minutes. Guys push off on faceoffs like that all the time. It was just a weird sequence.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
That was a brutal call, should have been a 2 minute penalty for Eakin cross-checking to the chest.

Five minutes on account of Pavelski falling awkwardly.

That's the kind of crosscheck that you see 20 times a game. The kind of crosscheck that you see a d give a forward to clear the front of the net on the PP. Not even a penalty to me.

But it doesn't matter. I wouldnt mind 2 but 5 was obviously a bad call.

That said. Props to the Sharks scoring 4 on that PP. That itself is also quite an achievement. They were lucky getting that 5 min but they did something that didn't happened often which is scoring 4 on the same PP.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I knew it San Jose was going to come back...that crowd reaction. It was that same reaction when we were down against the Rangers in 2008 and did that historical comeback.

Throwing shit on the ice and everything...

FML

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I agree with the 2 minute part. However, not doubting that Pavelski fell hard, he bled on the ice immediately upon impact.

If Pavelski got hurt it was from the secondary contact as he was falling. Still looked like he played the fall hard to me.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I knew it San Jose was going to come back...that crowd reaction. It was that same reaction when we were down against the Rangers in 2008 and did that historical comeback.

Throwing **** on the ice and everything...

FML

The Sharks still have the momentem from that crowd reaction. It will be hard for Vegas to overcome this.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Close call on that sequence, Meir with two chances.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
That was a brutal call, should have been a 2 minute penalty for Eakin cross-checking to the chest.

Five minutes on account of Pavelski falling awkwardly.

It was such a god damn dive. God that makes me mad. Game 7 final minutes and they call that. That should be a fine but it won’t be.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's been all Sharks in the first 3 minutes. Vegas can't put together any offensive zone entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad