Out of Town Thread Part XII: Final Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
No big deal. They want to start a new culture now.

75% of the way through the season, traded every key player on the roster not named Chabot, in last place in the league, no 1st rounder.

Fire the coach? To start a new culture?

larry-david-3.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
75% of the way through the season, traded every key player on the roster not named Chabot, in last place in the league, no 1st rounder.

Fire the coach? To start a new culture?

larry-david-3.jpg

They are clearly rebuilding. Yeah, they want to start a new culture now. It's not rocket science and you don't need goggles to see it.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
What's with the players voting for Subban as the most overrated? 23% of the vote too. This must hurt as it's a player pool. I guess he deserves it this year based on his production... just like Laine

I'm surprised the players actually allow a vote for "most overrated" to be honest.

The surprising part is Phaneuf being voted most overrated, sure he sucks but doesn't everyone already agree that he sucks?

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The surprising part is Phaneuf being voted most overrated, sure he sucks but doesn't everyone already agree that he sucks?

Agreed. I will always be a PK supporter but I will not deflate Weber in the process either. I do like seeing the player pools but some of them are questionable. Good entertainment for fans I guess.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
They are clearly rebuilding. Yeah, they want to start a new culture now. It's not rocket science and you don't need goggles to see it.

I'm sure that new culture will resonate well with the 10 new players they have next season, too!

If it's not rocket science, it's at least civil engineering though

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm sure that new culture will resonate well with the 10 new players they have next season, too!

Why wait... start the new culture now with the group you have and continue it next year. Maybe they want the Sens playing a certain style of game to finish the year vs what Bouchard was willing to employ.

I don't see any issues with firing Bouchard.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

And Chabot, Tazuck, White and Branston will all be traded in their prime. Like Stone, Dzingle, Dutchy, and Karlsson before them.

The Sens are a farm team for the rest of the NHL.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Why wait... start the new culture now with the group you have and continue it next year. Maybe they want the Sens playing a certain style of game to finish the year vs what Bouchard was willing to employ.

I don't see any issues with firing Bouchard.

There is no culture reset 75% of the way through a failed season

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Cool !
Hire him to take the spot of Muller ; we need someone else to work on the PP
Muller ran the best powerplay in the league when he had the players....and Koivu, Kovelov, Ryder, Markov, Souray. WOW !

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Watched part of the Toronto//NYI game, truly feel that John Tavares earned his right to play in Toronto. The fans that booed him should get tickets to watch him skate around with the Stanley Cup for Toronto, on TV of course.
Go Tavares Go!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Toronto needs to a play off round first. That would get a parade on bay st.

Islander fans were great last night.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

They are clearly rebuilding. Without their first round pick. They just clearly have no idea what they're doing, and you don't need goggles to see it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They are clearly rebuilding. Without their first round pick. They just clearly have no idea what they're doing, and you don't need goggles to see it.

Their job is easy now after all the bad mistakes. Put money into scouting and keep drafting well (with the picks you have). Could be a much different situation in 3-5 years time. No 1st this year which burns bad. But they will be bad again next year.

Not even sure how this team is reaching the cap floor.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Players arent always right. I'd argue most of them are clueless

Phaneuf getting votes proves that

Nope. Players are always right. Remember when they picked the best captain in Montreal Canadiens history, Max Pacioretty? I rest my case.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
No big deal. They want to start a new culture now.

Their only chance at some culture would be by buying some yogurt and leaving it in the locker room.
Some franchises and situations can't be salvaged , Ottawa's management/ownership stains the NHL brand.

Sell the team to Quebecor/Move them to Quebec , gift them the 1st overall in 2020 , draft Lafrainiere and go from there.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Their only chance at some culture would be by buying some yogurt and leaving it in the locker room.
Some franchises and situations can't be salvaged , Ottawa's management/ownership stains the NHL brand.

Sell the team to Quebecor/Move them to Quebec , gift them the 1st overall in 2020 , draft Lafrainiere and go from there.

As a biologist I approve this comment.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Lolol that Sens press release. They list some of the qualities or qualifications they would like their new coach to have, it's like a job ad in the newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad