Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

2u9xr2.gif

So that's why "trades are hard".

Last edited:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I love these insiders. They announce a trade 3 minutes before the teams confirm the trades like they have some kind of scoop or something.

Reactions: Redux91 and PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Coyle has scored 20 one time. ONE time
Stop exaggerating on how good he is
Byron is a better player than coyle
What does Byron have to do with it?

So Coyle scored 20 goals only once? Nobody said he is a first line player.

Since you bring up Byron, The Bruins already have 5 forwards better than Byron. They added a decent young player for depth before the play offs. And it was fairly cheap to do so. They already have the best line in hockey. They are not looking for "a savior" like the Canadiens are.

Not everyone can just go out and land a Dale Weiss. :laugh:

Reactions: Rapala and ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder what Byron would get if he was a UFA and we were out of the playoff picture.

Interesting thought even though you'd have think that he's part of the team's plans since they gave him a letter and a long term deal.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
What does Byron have to do with it?

So Coyle scored 20 goals only once? Nobody said he is a first line player.

Since you bring up Byron, The Bruins already have 5 forwards better than Byron. They added a decent young player for depth before the play offs. And it was fairly cheap to do so. They already have the best line in hockey. They are not looking for "a savior" like the Canadiens are.

Not everyone can just go out and land a Dale Weiss. :laugh:
Read the original post. What did people think coyle would cost? He’s not a proven 20g guy.
He’s an average 2nd line player at the max

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Read the original post. What did people think coyle would cost? He’s not a proven 20g guy.
It's still a good trade for the Bruins. Donato had no future there and they didn't give up any good picks. They are more than likely going to get another top 6 forward. The Bruins needed depth and they are getting it.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
True...... and Domi had back to back 9 goal seasons when the Habs grabbed him.

Byron was a waver pick up.

Just before play offs Bruins picked up a decent player.

If I actually thought the habs were going to be around to pay the Bruins in the play offs i would not like this deal. But I dont have to care one way or another.

Seems the Bruin fans like it.

Donato will go to Minny to disappear like everyone else who goes there.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
It's still a good trade for the Bruins. Donato had no future there and they didn't give up any good picks. They are more than likely going to get another top 6 forward. The Bruins needed depth and they are getting it.
Didn’t say it wasn’t a good depth trade but let’s not exaggerate and say coyle is some stud
Im Tatar is as good or better than him
Coyle has size. After that he’s just decent

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Didn’t say it wasn’t a good depth trade but let’s not exaggerate and say coyle is some stud
Im Tatar is as good or better than him
Coyle has size. After that he’s just decent
Sure but a lot of 3rd liners go for a 2nd+ and sometimes a 1st. Bruins didnt give up any of that and Coyle has another. It sets them up nicely to go all in on a guy like Panarin or Stone.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Sure but a lot of 3rd liners go for a 2nd+ and sometimes a 1st. Bruins didnt give up any of that and Coyle has another. It sets them up nicely to go all in on a guy like Panarin or Stone.
Ya we will see if they have the assets to get those guys.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Something tells me the Sens won't get the return that most expect for Duchene and Stone. With Dorion is at the helm and Melnyk by his side micromanaging, all I can say is yikes.

What a time to be a Sens fan.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... If you acquire Charlie Coyle to play on your 2nd line in view of the playoffs, you're either not a playoff team or should've aquired a better player.

If Coyle is slotted on the third line? Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad