Out of Town Thread - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

What the hell is this garbage? "There might be a trade where a player is potentially traded to another hockey team. Can't say for sure though." Imagine if your doctor was like this. "You might have a broken collarbone but it might also be a fractured tibia instead. Can't say for sure".

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

What the hell is this garbage? "There might be a trade where a player is potentially traded to another hockey team. Can't say for sure though." Imagine if your doctor was like this. "You might have a broken collarbone but it might also be a fractured tibia instead. Can't say for sure".

it'S just a hockey trade rumor you know...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was talking about what we gave up for him. 2 early 2nds that could have very well been Debrincat and Girard since Timmins really liked both. :(

There isn't a week that someone doesn't bring that up.

Other permanent hits on the top 40:
  • Subban
  • Signing Alzner
  • The oafs that MB got at the deadline two years ago
  • Losing Radulov
  • Markov hardball
  • Trading Sergachev
  • Hiring Therrien
  • All the players Lefebvre "ruined"
When the two seconds for Shaw rip off blows over, please feel free to pick one of the others, above.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There isn't a week that someone doesn't bring that up.

Other permanent hits on the top 40:
  • Subban
  • Signing Alzner
  • The oafs that MB got at the deadline two years ago
  • Losing Radulov
  • Markov hardball
  • Trading Sergachev
  • Hiring Therrien
  • All the players Lefebvre "ruined"
When the two seconds for Shaw rip off blows over, please feel free to pick one of the others, above.
If he had succeeded in Getting Lucic for 45 million it would have completed his masterpiece of work. How are we still stuck with this GM?

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Hawks win tonight and put themselves into the 2nd Wild Card spot in the West jumping Minnesota. A Calgary - Chicago 1st round would actually be insane. Two teams with high octane offenses, super skilled forwards and suspect goaltending/D. Could be a fun one. Kane vs Tkachuck. Kane is an under-rated troll.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Hawks win tonight and put themselves into the 2nd Wild Card spot in the West jumping Minnesota. A Calgary - Chicago 1st round would actually be insane. Two teams with high octane offenses, super skilled forwards and suspect goaltending/D. Could be a fun one. Kane vs Tkachuck. Kane is an under-rated troll.
Looks like that is going to be only momentarily as the Avs are about to overtake them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If he had succeeded in Getting Lucic for 45 million it would have completed his masterpiece of work. How are we still stuck with this GM?

I should have added all the instances MB was saved from himself. The Lucic/Bonino Conundrum.

Reactions: OldCraig71

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah, it looks that way. Jets have been a really average team for awhile now. Avs beating them 4-1.
What with all the scoring bursts lately?

4 goals scored in 5 minutes in COL with the Avs scoring two 11 seconds apart.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It seems they split up the first line and the 3 are playing on 3 different lines, they should have thought about that a while ago.

Yeah, the Jets board are furious with Maurice right now, because he never mixes up the lines. They've been playing with the same players and lines for like a month now. No changes. Not a happy bunch.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Just noticed NYI registered 7 SOG through two periods tonight.

Got me curious, does anyone know what is the record for the least shots on goal in an NHL game? Not that I think NYI is on track to beat it tonight, just curious.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Got me curious, does anyone know what is the record for the least shots on goal in an NHL game? Not that I think NYI is on track to beat it tonight, just curious.
I don't know what the official record is but I seem to remember a game against Ottawa when Hasek played there when they shut us out and we only had 12 shots on goal.
Here it is, it turns out it was a franchise low for us. I wathced this painful game.
Canadiens vs. Senators - Game Recap - January 26, 2006 - ESPN

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Back in 2000, the leafs posted 6 shots on goal in an elimination game, which was a modern era record at the time.

I doubt any team has lowered the bar since. I mean, 6 shots!

Oryxo

Oct 24, 2007

Toronto had 6 shots in a playoff game against New Jersey in 2000.

Reactions: OldCraig71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad