Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Just noticed NYI registered 7 SOG through two periods tonight.

Got me curious, does anyone know what is the record for the least shots on goal in an NHL game? Not that I think NYI is on track to beat it tonight, just curious.

There was a playoff game where Brodeur shut the Leafs out. Leafs had only 6 shots:
Toronto vs. New Jersey, Game 6 box score

More recently, the Leafs held Buffalo to 10.

Maple Leafs tie record for fewest shots allowed in 4-0 rout of Sabres

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yep I too have access to hockey db. Shaw is still better in my opinion. I've watched Coyle from junior to today. He looked like he might become a better player at one point but he is what he is. And, to me, that's worse then Shaw.

Who cares if he's younger? It's by a handfu of months :laugh:

and being bigger means nothing when you play a soft game.

You seriously think Shaw is better than Coyle?

Post a poll, it might end up the most lopsided poll in history.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Coyle is a very good fit for the Bruins on their 3rd line. They say he'll play C.

Coyle is nothing special but he's a good 3rd line player, who could fill in the top 6 at times.

They didn't give up much since I don't think Donato will be anything great.

Reactions: Hannibal and PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think they did but just didn't care about it.
We want a contender, we look at the future, we want a Cup........that's here, some jerks in the medias only wants french players to do interviews and be somehow relevant in the locker room. But all those clowns were dead wrong about Drouin (probably why they can't defend him). They put so much pressure on this organization for that crap that it keeps hurting the team at every turn.

One day poeple might realize how this is the biggest roadblock to win the next Cup.
Next biggest road block.

Biggest one is for french speaking GM & Coach.

Reactions: Milhouse40

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This is probably the most important deadline for the Sens franchise. If Stone still isnt sure if he wants to resign you have to trade him. Duchene, Stone and Dzingel should get traded. At the very minimum, they should return 3 1sts and 2 good prospects for them.
They will just do it again in a few years with Chabot , White and Tzachuk.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Man the Jets got smoked last night.. what is going on with them?
They are certainly struggling right now but they will come out of it, so much talent there that it's just a matter of time. The bigger question mark on that team is Laine, wtf has happened to that guy? He looks like he has lost his will to live.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
This is probably the most important deadline for the Sens franchise. If Stone still isnt sure if he wants to resign you have to trade him. Duchene, Stone and Dzingel should get traded. At the very minimum, they should return 3 1sts and 2 good prospects for them.

It really is a massive few days ahead of them.

I think Duchene goes first, maybe even today or tomorrow.

I think there is an outside chance one of Stone or Dzingel signs (likely not both).

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Yeah, they've been on fire for sure. points in 11 straight going into tonight with 8-0-3 record over that stretch.

And they missed Pastrnak for the last 4. The best spot for the Habs is the first wild card spot. Would avoid Tampa/Boston/Toronto in the first round and probably get to play pla NYI.

Boston - Toronto will be a bloodbath.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Just noticed NYI registered 7 SOG through two periods tonight.

Got me curious, does anyone know what is the record for the least shots on goal in an NHL game? Not that I think NYI is on track to beat it tonight, just curious.

If the Habs want to win a series, that second wildcard is their best option if the Isles win the Metro. Not a good team at all. On par with or worse then the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad