HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Colton to COL for the 37th pick. He had better numbers than Newhook last year.
He's also 26. Dvorak had better numbers than Newhook. Also Gallagher had better numbers than Bedard in the NHL last year.

While i agree that Newhook is a bit old to take the gamble we did on him and i personally consider this trade as potentially bad saying Colton had better numbers is ridiculous. Colton is 26 and he is "what you see is what you get" at this point.

Colton always projected as a 3rd line player and this is what he is. There's still a chance Newhook develop into a 2nd line player and he'll need to do that for this trade to be good. But at 22 he'll have to show somethig this year i'm still far from convinced personally.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He's also 26. Dvorak had better numbers than Newhook. Also Gallagher had better numbers than Bedard in the NHL last year.

While i agree that Newhook is a bit old to take the gamble we did on him and i personally consider this trade as potentially bad saying Colton had better numbers is ridiculous. Colton is 26 and he is "what you see is what you get" at this point.

Colton always projected as a 3rd line player and this is what he is. There's still a chance Newhook develop into a 2nd line player and he'll need to do that for this trade to be good. But at 22 he'll have to show somethig this year i'm still far from convinced personally.
Newhook is too old?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Newhook is too old?
No he's not too old and i've not written that he is too old. I said it's a big and costly gamble for a guy who is 22. Let's face it the closer a guy is to his 24th birthday the less chance you have for him to blossom. Most players reach close to their max offensive potential at around 24. Newhook will have a lot to prove this year. Dach was a whole year younger when we got him.

Reactions: Deebs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
No he's not too old and i've not written that he is too old. I said it's a big and costly gamble for a guy who is 22. Let's face it the closer a guy is to his 24th birthday the less chance you have for him to blossom. Most players reach close to their max offensive potential at around 24. Newhook will have a lot to prove this year. Dach was a whole year younger when we got him.
But we also gave up significantly more to get Kirby than Newhook. It's also not like Newhook hasn't played fairly well given the situation and responsibilities he's been given on a cup winning team.

He's going to be given an opportunity to play an offensive style game this year, something he hasn't really be given over the past couple years. Hopefully he takes advantage of it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
But we also gave up significantly more to get Kirby than Newhook. It's also not like Newhook hasn't played fairly well given the situation and responsibilities he's been given on a cup winning team.

He's going to be given an opportunity to play an offensive style game this year, something he hasn't really be given over the past couple years. Hopefully he takes advantage of it.
He played fairly well but i'm sure that Sakic after letting Kadri go and not replacing him saw Newhook as the potential replacement within the next 2 years. Sakic gave up on that dream this summer. Is it a mistake by Sakic and KH jumped on it? Maybe, I've not seen Newhook enough to know that. But for sure Sakic does not see him as close to be ready and that worry me a bit cause it's going to be his 3rd year so he should be close to get there enough for Sakic to be willing to commit. In the case of Dach it was clearly a management willing to tank hard the Hawks traded everyone including the GM's own mother.

Reactions: Deebs

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Arber definitely gonna get challenged by that goon Lucic if he heads back to Boston.
Arber is too big and experienced for Lucic. He always picks one weight class lower, or guys that don't fight. Spot picker fake tough guy who was never the same after Dale Weise exposed him for what he is.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He's.... back?

This is kinda funny, not going to lie. Davidson does look like a normal, young guy.

Bruins brought back Krejci last year. Bringing back Lucic this year. They're gearing up to win the 2011 Stanley Cup again.

Also, that video with Davidson is funny. Part of me feels it was a comedy skit type of thing.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Arber is too big and experienced for Lucic. He always picks one weight class lower, or guys that don't fight. Spot picker fake tough guy who was never the same after Dale Weise exposed him for what he is.
Ooof…not sure of that take. Hunchback is still league champ to me. Unless priven otherwise.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Looooocccchhhh.

Would be great if he injects some hate back into the rivalry which has basically been dead since he’s left. Probably too much of an irrelevant player nowadays though.

We really need someone else that is willing to fight (and not get embarrassed looking at you Pezz) other than Xhekaj

Reactions: LaP

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

He's.... back?

It's time he passes the baton and gets his ass whooped by Xhekaj.
HRI7zad.png

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Ooof…not sure of that take. Hunchback is still league champ to me. Unless priven otherwise.
Lucic was always a spot picker. Only told he'd take on guys his own size were non fighters like komisarek or David clarkson

Anyway wifi would kill him

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Arber definitely gonna get challenged by that goon Lucic if he heads back to Boston.
Don't think Lucic will want to fight Arber. He'll run away since Arber can fight.

Lucic was always a spot picker. Only told he'd take on guys his own size were non fighters like komisarek or David clarkson

Anyway wifi would kill him
Or Emelin ...

Bruins brought back Krejci last year. Bringing back Lucic this year. They're gearing up to win the 2011 Stanley Cup again.

Also, that video with Davidson is funny. Part of me feels it was a comedy skit type of thing.
They got no chance offense is too old. They have a good defense so i think they'll qualify but the cup nah don't think so ;)

Reactions: Frank Drebin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad