GDT: Out of Town Thread-NHL Play-Offs Edition Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
So we're betting on the Rangers and Sabres to give a ****?

Not so sure about that. One has locked up best record, and the other wants to just get to the beach.

They only "bright side" I hold on to is that it's all in the Bruins hands...they even have tie-breakers...

But it's soley about the Bruins, for me. I fully expect it to take a lot of work.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
^ I think the Sabres would actually be quite motivated. Tanking from a player's standpoint has never made sense. If I was on that team and had a chance to keep a perennial powerhouse out of the playoffs, I'd be all over that opportunity. That being said, they're the ****ing Sabres, so there's no chance they win that game.

The Rangers on the other hand... Yeah, I doubt you see any of their big name players.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
^ I think the Sabres would actually be quite motivated. Tanking from a player's standpoint has never made sense. If I was on that team and had a chance to keep a perennial powerhouse out of the playoffs, I'd be all over that opportunity. That being said, they're the ****ing Sabres, so there's no chance they win that game.

The Rangers on the other hand... Yeah, I doubt you see any of their big name players.

agreed, and Ted Nolan doesn`t coach to lose either

I`ll wager we`ll hear about a few call ups for the Rangers too

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
agreed, and Ted Nolan doesn`t coach to lose either

I`ll wager we`ll hear about a few call ups for the Rangers too

I honestly don't know. I'm torn. If you're the Rangers do you let Ottawa come into your building and light you up right before the playoffs, knowing its them most likely you will be playing first round? Do you really want to play a team that is 18-1-2 with Hammond in net as your first round opponent? The hottest team in the league. They also played their back up goalie just last game. If I'm the Rangers I do everything to beat Ottawa and then rest the stars on the final day of the season. I jus think with the race as tight as it is, no one is going to give anyone a free pass. Especially not Ottawa.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I honestly don't know. I'm torn. If you're the Rangers do you let Ottawa come into your building and light you up right before the playoffs, knowing its them most likely you will be playing first round? Do you really want to play a team that is 18-1-2 with Hammond in net as your first round opponent? The hottest team in the league. They also played their back up goalie just last game. If I'm the Rangers I do everything to beat Ottawa and then rest the stars on the final day of the season. I jus think with the race as tight as it is, no one is going to give anyone a free pass. Especially not Ottawa.

not 100% either, I think they rest one or two players, maybe a forward and a D-man, other than that, I don`t see the Rags playing 6 call-ups (clearly exaggerating)

I don`t see a coach, any coach, ever instructing their teams to take er easy but I have a small bit of experience with the human nature, and when ya got things wrapped up, one tends to take their foot off the pedal.

We`ll see, but I am with you, if I`m AV, I`m asking my troops the same thing you stated, "you want to give this team, a potential first round opponent even a sniff of confidence about playing you or do ya wanna beat them as we did a few weeks ago in their barn"?

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
If the Oil can beat LA, the Sabres can beat the Pens.

Mind you the Oil just lost 8-2 to LA, so there may have been some extra motivaton.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Anyone think there's a chance Boudreau gets canned in Anaheim if the Ducks lose in the 1st or maybe even 2nd round? It would be 3 straight 50 win seasons (or at least on pace for over 50 in the lockout-shortened year), but 3 straight early exits in the playoffs. I know that's kind of his m.o., but do you think the Ducks would get rid of him that early?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was actually wondering that myself.

I mean, if they get bounced early, that'll be like the 6th or 7th straight year a Boudreau coached team has lost in the first two rounds. That indicates he is a bad playoff coach imo and is grounds for being fired.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Anyone think there's a chance Boudreau gets canned in Anaheim if the Ducks lose in the 1st or maybe even 2nd round? It would be 3 straight 50 win seasons (or at least on pace for over 50 in the lockout-shortened year), but 3 straight early exits in the playoffs. I know that's kind of his m.o., but do you think the Ducks would get rid of him that early?

No chance

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Yes, absolute myth some teams will go easy on you

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Now here is another part of the equation

If you are the New York Rangers, who do you want to play next week - Ottawa or Boston?

At least in 12 hours we should have a good idea how this will play out.

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Here is my outlook. Looks grim but Christ I will post it anyways.

Yesterday I fulled expected a Bruins loss because we can't solve Washington this season.

Tonight I fully expect a hell of a tough game by Florida who is going to want to beat Boston bad because they basically shut the door on their playoff hopes last week. Do not think for a second Florida won't be all in on this game. Also Boston is playing a back to back and Rask is 0-5-2 in the second game of back to backs when he starts the night before.

Meanwhile Ottawa is playing recent President cup winners Rangers who ahould be resting players. I know I woul if I were in their shoes.

Basically Boston needs to get a win. No other way to play it out. Ottawa will be getting minimum 1 point tonight. You guys can book that. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow and say it, but I don't have a positive feeling when it comes to tonight.

8 Spokes

Feb 7, 2010
Boston, MA
Here is my outlook. Looks grim but Christ I will post it anyways.

Yesterday I fulled expected a Bruins loss because we can't solve Washington this season.

Tonight I fully expect a hell of a tough game by Florida who is going to want to beat Boston bad because they basically shut the door on their playoff hopes last week. Do not think for a second Florida won't be all in on this game. Also Boston is playing a back to back and Rask is 0-5-2 in the second game of back to backs when he starts the night before.

Meanwhile Ottawa is playing recent President cup winners Rangers who ahould be resting players. I know I woul if I were in their shoes.

Basically Boston needs to get a win. No other way to play it out. Ottawa will be getting minimum 1 point tonight. You guys can book that. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow and say it, but I don't have a positive feeling when it comes to tonight.

I had a nice rebuttal to this typed out saying something along the lines of how if I'm the Rangers I'd try and get the Bruins because they're not nearly as hot as Ottawa right now. I was also going to say how I think that Ottawa could most definitely lose in regulation tonight.

Then I saw this:

And thought "Oh well as long as Nash and Staal are still in the line-up, the Rangers should still take this one easily.

Then I saw this:

So yeah, you're right. Bruins are effed.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Remember folks, Sens have lost to the Leafs twice in the past couple weeks on the road.....they can absolutely still lose this game.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Boyle from the rangers basically said they don't give a **** about tonights game, and Staal, Giradi, Klein, Nash, and Zuccs are out.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Now here is another part of the equation

If you are the New York Rangers, who do you want to play next week - Ottawa or Boston?

At least in 12 hours we should have a good idea how this will play out.

I imagine that the Rangers would much rather go up against a playoff-untested Hammond in net over Rask, not to mention the other Bruins with playoff (and Cup) experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad