GDT: Out of town thread-NHL Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Ovechkin with 27 goals in his past 30 games.

Wonder how many he finishes with this year.

Really good shot at 50+. Funny how just a couple years ago many people on the main board were writing the guy off. I've enjoyed watching the Caps games this year and one thing that has stood out to me is how much better Ovi's defensive game has been. Trotz has done wonders for Ovi's development as a more complete player. Caps could definitely do some damage in the playoffs.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Really good shot at 50+. Funny how just a couple years ago many people on the main board were writing the guy off. I've enjoyed watching the Caps games this year and one thing that has stood out to me is how much better Ovi's defensive game has been. Trotz has done wonders for Ovi's development as a more complete player. Caps could definitely do some damage in the playoffs.

I dig watching Ovi more than Crosby.

Not going to get into the whole who is better thing as I do think Crosby is the more complete player all around but I like Ovi's grit more.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Agreed.

For years, the knock on Barry Trotz was the fact his teams were always built with little to no regard for offensive talent.

Well, he goes to Washington who have one of the best pure goal scorers of my generation (if not all time), Backstrom and a slew of guys that fit the Trotz system (Ward, Brouwer, etc.)

I think the most impressive thing is how well he installed his system without hurting the big guns. It also helps Washington is going to be going in as a darkhorse instead of the favorite.

I would not be at all surprised if they're raising the cup at the end of the season.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
there were people here who said they wouldn't take him on the bruins

AlpineLager

The way she *** goes
Jul 4, 2007
New Brunswick
Ovechkin with 27 goals in his past 30 games.

Wonder how many he finishes with this year.

Not sure about anyone else but it really erks me seeing him score from the same ****ing spot time after time. Especially on the pp anchored on the top of the circle

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I dig watching Ovi more than Crosby.

Not going to get into the whole who is better thing as I do think Crosby is the more complete player all around but I like Ovi's grit more.

A Washington/Nashville final would be fascinating with the Barry Trotz factor.

Ovie is listening to Barry apparently.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Agreed.

For years, the knock on Barry Trotz was the fact his teams were always built with little to no regard for offensive talent.

Well, he goes to Washington who have one of the best pure goal scorers of my generation (if not all time), Backstrom and a slew of guys that fit the Trotz system (Ward, Brouwer, etc.)

I think the most impressive thing is how well he installed his system without hurting the big guns. It also helps Washington is going to be going in as a darkhorse instead of the favorite.

I would not be at all surprised if they're raising the cup at the end of the season.

When Trotz had offensive talent in Nashville his teams had no trouble scoring. Problem was he usually didn't have the guns he needed. His system is a two-way system that actually can allow for a good amount of scoring. I think he got unfairly labeled as a defense-centric coach due more to personnel than his system. Washington being 8th in the NHL in goals per game and 6th best in goals allowed this year is showing how effective his two-way system can be.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Philly gets a point, Panthers and Sens may also get points tonight..........big weekend for the Bruins.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
10419022_10205328055573598_2260863212452660240_n.jpg

Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad