GDT: Out of town thread-NHL Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Feel bad story for a feel good team this year when Giordano went down for the year

What's his injury?

Seems like injury has bitten a lot of teams-it's that time of year.

And Habs lost-I'm so happy and I look forward to my SC playoffs rooting for anyone playing the Habs.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I'm watching Hockey Central and Kessel had some pretty stromng comments regarding how the Toronto media treats Phaneuf.

He called it embarrassing and unfair.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
I'm watching Hockey Central and Kessel had some pretty stromng comments regarding how the Toronto media treats Phaneuf.

He called it embarrassing and unfair.

The Toronto media has been as awful toward him too.

He is likely speaking of Phaneuf as much as he is himself.

Pressure market and they have just been so bad there was never going to be a good deal with the fans.

The team was supposed to end a decade of suffering for the Leafs, but they have compounded it.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
On the topic of the Loafs, I expect Florida to win 3-2 with 2 assists from Grandpa Mullet.

Bruins better not come out like a soft noodle this stretch before the ball kicks off.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The Toronto media has been as awful toward him too.

He is likely speaking of Phaneuf as much as he is himself.

Pressure market and they have just been so bad there was never going to be a good deal with the fans.

The team was supposed to end a decade of suffering for the Leafs, but they have compounded it.

I think Totonto and Montreal are probably two of the hardest cities to play hockey in-media can be very hard on the players even if the fans stay loyal. Boston is t an easy market either but I think the media market is focused far more on the Sox and the Patriots.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
I think Totonto and Montreal are probably two of the hardest cities to play hockey in-media can be very hard on the players even if the fans stay loyal. Boston is t an easy market either but I think the media market is focused far more on the Sox and the Patriots.

Yeah, even when the Jays won back to back, the city was all about Gilmour and Clark.

That was the last time the city had pride in the team. Even Sundin years were pure pain.

Boston is becoming a harder market to play in. Expectations are different now.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
Kind of sad to think of Connor McDavid going to one of these teams, who I think are tanking on purpose. And some of these are just bad organizations which will waste his talent.

I'm watching the Columbus game right now. I know that they have a lot of injuries, but I just can't enjoy this team. And their management doesn't seem all that knowledgeable. Horton? Clarkson? Really… can't root for this garbage. Except for tonight. I wish Washington would lose.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Right now not only is there a good chance Buffalo doesn't win a game the rest of the way, they may not score another goal. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad