NHL Out Of Town Thread: Free Agency Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
It's hard to even call him a top 5 "two way center" considering he scores goals so infrequently.

He's an excellent shutdown center though. Masterful.
I actually don't think that contract was at all out of whack. I am surprised that so many Bruins fans are calling it out.

Pot meet kettle when the Bruins are paying an inferior center a very samey looking deal. At least Danault is a stellar shutdown guy.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I actually don't think that contract was at all out of whack. I am surprised that so many Bruins fans are calling it out.

Pot meet kettle when the Bruins are paying an inferior center a very samey looking deal. At least Danault is a stellar shutdown guy.

I'm not. Danault is very effective. If Coyle stays at 5-6 goals a year, Danault is definitely better to have at the same price. I don't think the deal is out-of-whack. I just don't necessarily agree with Robitaille's assessment. He's not in the 2-way echelon of Kopitar, Bergeron, Barkov, O'Reilly, Couturier, Crosby, MacKinnon, Point, etc...
I think Robitaille meant to say top 5 shutdown centers. He'd be right about that.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

1000% I don't get it. I would have had no issue with it for the Bruins had they not had Coyle.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Exactly.

Fans from the around the league have been itching to jump on whatever team signed Danault to a new contract for at least a year (maybe two) now. To the point where they seemed to convince themselves this was another Matt Beleskey type situation. It isn’t and the contract isn’t all that bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad