NHL Out Of Town Thread: Free Agency Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
“Integrity of the game”

lol ok NHL.
Yeah, not sure I really get it with the integrity aspect of gambling . If they can prove he influenced or threw games that's one thing , but to wager his own money in a sport that advertises Draft Kinhs/Fanduel etc. is a tad hypocritical imo . Again I get the rigged games factor but there is the possibility of that happening w/o a player gambling on the games. There have been rumors for years with other sports like Tennis where certain groups control outcomes of matches .

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Yeah, not sure I really get it with the integrity aspect of gambling . If they can prove he influenced or threw games that's one thing , but to wager his own money in a sport that advertises Draft Kinhs/Fanduel etc. is a tad hypocritical imo . Again I get the rigged games factor but there is the possibility of that happening w/o a player gambling on the games. There have been rumors for years with other sports like Tennis where certain groups control outcomes of matches .

“integrity” when that one ref was caught on the hot mic :sarcasm::naughty:

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm thinking it would be tough for just one forward to throw a game, he'd need help to do that IMO. A goaltender otoh...yeah I could see him doing it. Letting in a goal isn't that hard to do at this level.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Insider information plus the ability to influence players and situations.

You have to remember that sports 100 years ago were notoriously rife with shady dealings and organized crime.

Distancing players and employees of a sport helps solidify lines so there are no black eyes from people operating in the grey areas.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'm thinking it would be tough for just one forward to throw a game, he'd need help to do that IMO. A goaltender otoh...yeah I could see him doing it. Letting in a goal isn't that hard to do at this level.

Put nyquil or sedatives in the gatorade.

Not a ton, just enough to have an effect.
Would work really well on a goaltender.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Wow. You have a really evil mind.

I like that. :naughty:

I'd like to take a moment to state that I have never slipped any kind of drug or anything outside extra flaming hot sauce into anyone food or drink without them knowing.
Nor have I ever condoned doing so.

...The hot sauce was funny as heck though, not gonna lie....

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'd like to take a moment to state that I have never slipped any kind of drug or anything outside extra flaming hot sauce into anyone food or drink without them knowing.
Nor have I ever condoned doing so.

...The hot sauce was funny as heck though, not gonna lie....
I MAY have made chocolate chip cookies with Ex-Lax once…………allegedly.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Maybe he gave his money to the officials........:naughty:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Yikes, just read what Kane's wife wrote. Not sure if it can be proven that he threw games for his bookies as she alleges, but given his well-known issues and lifestyle I have no doubt the court of public opinion will not be on his side in this matter. Rough year so far for the NHL -- Time Peel incident, the horrendous Blackhawks sexual abuse situation, and now a player being accused of throwing games.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Wait, not just NHL games but he intentionally tried to lose his own games for profit. That’s lifetime ban worthy if true.
If it can be proven - I absolutely agree . Taking the word of a jilted spouse though can be a risky prop. In those kinds of situations there are usually 3 sides. 1) His side of the story, 2)Her side of the story and 3) the Truth

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
If it can be proven - I absolutely agree . Taking the word of a jilted spouse though can be a risky prop. In those kinds of situations there are usually 3 sides. 1) His side of the story, 2)Her side of the story and 3) the Truth
Too early to jump to conclusions. Like you said you have to see everyone’s side of the story first before being able to draw a conclusion.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly feel bad for Kane at this point. Guy clearly has issues

I'm sorry, but did he....just.... call Danault a top five center?

In the league? The NHL? That league?

on his team? That’s gotta be what he meant right?

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I agree with Robitaille's take on Danault. I know, it's not cool to praise any Hab, even a former one. But Danault was a huge reason Montreal overachieved their way to the Final.

He played hard minutes against other teams' top players, was an absolute monster on the face-off dot, and created all sorts of havoc for opposing coaches trying to get their best players out when Danault wasn't on the ice.

If LA builds a team that won't need Danault to do the heavy lifting offensively, they can win with a player like him; as Montreal demonstrated.

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad