NHL Out Of Town Thread: Free Agency Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I agree with Robitaille's take on Danault. I know, it's not cool to praise any Hab, even a former one. But Danault was a huge reason Montreal overachieved their way to the Final.

He played hard minutes against other teams' top players, was an absolute monster on the face-off dot, and created all sorts of havoc for opposing coaches trying to get their best players out when Danault wasn't on the ice.

If LA builds a team that won't need Danault to do the heavy lifting offensively, they can win with a player like him; as Montreal demonstrated.
He's good, but Robitaille said top five? That's a stretch.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I agree with Robitaille's take on Danault. I know, it's not cool to praise any Hab, even a former one. But Danault was a huge reason Montreal overachieved their way to the Final.

He played hard minutes against other teams' top players, was an absolute monster on the face-off dot, and created all sorts of havoc for opposing coaches trying to get their best players out when Danault wasn't on the ice.

If LA builds a team that won't need Danault to do the heavy lifting offensively, they can win with a player like him; as Montreal demonstrated.

Great player

Not a top 5 center in the league. Don’t feel he’s even close tbh

He certainly didn’t get paid like it….

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don’t want to jump to any conclusions, but I would pass the judgment that this wouldn’t be out of character based on years of Kane’s off ice behavior.
I hear ya, it`s not like we are talking about a squeaky clean guy here but who knows. If I were a gambling man, I`d put my money on his ex being in the right here but we shall see, every story has 2 sides

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I remember once years ago this trashy guy I went to high school with breaking up with his wife on facebook (like literally they were bickering and accusing each other of stuff on a public facebook post). That's the impression I get seeing this Kane shit play out.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Looking back at what we know now, it really feels like the OEL trade (and Dvorak added in) was a huge miss by Sweeney and a huge win by Benning (got rid of three terrible contracts and a 1st).

If Sweeney knew Krejci was gone, couldn't an OEL, Garland, Dvorak trade solved his 2nd line C, 2nd line RW and 1st pairing LHD all in one move before free agency even began?

This was a guy who said Vancouver or Boston and the Bruins couldn't get this done better than three cap dumps and a 1st?

They even retained 12% on OEL.

This feels like the real missed opportunity here this off-season.

Reactions: TCB

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
17 players elect salary arbitration

Zach Aston-Reese (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Ross Colton (Tampa Bay Lightning)
Andrew Copp (Winnipeg Jets)
Jason Dickinson (Vancouver Canucks)
Vince Dunn (Seattle Kraken)
Adam Erne (Detroit Red Wings)
Dante Fabbro (Nashville Predators)
Dennis Gilbert (Colorado Avalanche)
Adin Hill (San Jose Sharks)
Michael McNiven (Montreal Canadiens)
Victor Mete (Ottawa Senators)
Adam Pelech (New York Islanders)
Neal Pionk (Winnipeg Jets)
Zach Sanford (St. Louis Blues)
Juuse Saros (Nashville Predators)
Jakub Vrana (Detroit Red Wings)
Nikita Zadorov (Calgary Flames)

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Looking back at what we know now, it really feels like the OEL trade (and Dvorak added in) was a huge miss by Sweeney and a huge win by Benning (got rid of three terrible contracts and a 1st).

If Sweeney knew Krejci was gone, couldn't an OEL, Garland, Dvorak trade solved his 2nd line C, 2nd line RW and 1st pairing LHD all in one move before free agency even began?

This was a guy who said Vancouver or Boston and the Bruins couldn't get this done better than three cap dumps and a 1st?

They even retained 12% on OEL.

This feels like the real missed opportunity here this off-season.
I don't agree. That OEL contract will be a HUGE problem down the road and giving up the 9th OA pick was just insane. Canucks aren't even contenders so the move never made any sense for them imo. Benning is a bad GM and it's crazy how he still has a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad