NHL Out Of Town Thread: Eichel stripped of Captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don’t expect 15 goals from Foligno. What I expect is a guy who’s going to give it his all every single shift and play like he gives a damn. Ritchie can score 30 goals for all I care I’m glad he’s no longer a Bruin because he was an anchor for any line he played on.

Ritchie didn't give a damn? How many times did Butch healthy scratch him? I mean people comment how slow he is, maybe that's why you assume he doesn't give a damn?

Reactions: sarge88

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Ritchie didn't give a damn? How many times did Butch healthy scratch him? I mean people comment how slow he is, maybe that's why you assume he doesn't give a damn?
Plenty of slow skaters I’ve seen play with a purpose. Lucic, Perry, and Maroon just to name a few. Ritchie’s skating isn’t all that bad but he didn’t play with enough energy imo. He wasn’t effective for us when it mattered and I think in the end he’s not going to help the Leafs get any closer to their goal. I like Nick, I think he’s a good kid, but we moved on from him for a good reason.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I supported Nick too until he had another abysmal playoffs. He’s only 25 who knows what can happen from here on out but it was a good decision to move on from him.

Whether or not it was a good decision remains to be seen. That’s honestly how I feel about it at this point.

Not saying I expect him to turn into a 55 point power forward and completely burn us, his skating holds him back from turning into that type of player. I do expect him to continue at the pace he has over his last 164 games which is about a 40 point pace.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Maroon :mad: Edit: I think he might have been hurt before Moron got there, but getting thrown down didn't help

On top of this

Last edited:

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
If Foligno can match Ritchies stat line from last year people will be doing back flips. Guy finsihed 4th on the team in goals last year ffs...

If Foligno matched Ritchie's stat line playing 2nd unit PP and 3rd line instead of 2nd line with Krejci and 1st unit PP, that would be a major success.

And as far as Ritchie's hitting stats go, I don't recall his hit's having much of an impact on the game. Majority of the time he's coasting into them and taking himself out of the play. He doesn't move his feet enough for them to matter.

Although, he's a brick house, almost impossible to move when he plants his feet, and in front of the net it's his best asset. But that's another problem with him, he plants himself in front of the net 5on5, he knows his role, though when the puck leaves the zone he's usually miles from the play. Not a good back checker, defensive forward.

This of course is in the past, see what he can do on the Leaf's. Sounds like he will be doing the same thing there though.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Maroon :mad: Edit: I think he might have been hurt before Moron got there, but getting thrown down didn't help

On top of this

Yeah I'd love to jump all over Maroon for this but it's pretty clear that Acciari actually somehow injured his shoulder trying to grab the other Bolts player before Fat Pat got hold of him. Doesn't make taking a guy down basically in a head lock ok, but the damage was already done.

Sucks for Noel and the Panthers. Obviously he's not the most important player going around, but he's a solid versatile bottom 6 forward and he seems to be one of those guys who's good at encouraging and energizing the rest of the team, so they'll miss him for however long he's out.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Report: Evander Kane Accused of Using Fake Vaccination Card

The act is illegal in both Canada and the United States. In the United States, someone who buys a fake COVID-19 vaccination can be sent to jail for six months and forced to pay a fine up to $750,000.

If found guilty San Jose could terminate his contract
nothing Kane does surprises me, there`s a big part of me that wishes he gets help for whatever it is that ails him

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Reactions: missingchicklet

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If Foligno matched Ritchie's stat line playing 2nd unit PP and 3rd line instead of 2nd line with Krejci and 1st unit PP, that would be a major success.

And as far as Ritchie's hitting stats go, I don't recall his hit's having much of an impact on the game. Majority of the time he's coasting into them and taking himself out of the play. He doesn't move his feet enough for them to matter.

Although, he's a brick house, almost impossible to move when he plants his feet, and in front of the net it's his best asset. But that's another problem with him, he plants himself in front of the net 5on5, he knows his role, though when the puck leaves the zone he's usually miles from the play. Not a good back checker, defensive forward.

This of course is in the past, see what he can do on the Leaf's. Sounds like he will be doing the same thing there though.
his hitting reminded me of Thornton (Shawn), they were typically lacking any effectiveness, not the kind of hits that followed putting great pressure on a D man or whomever simply because they rarely got to the puck with time to force an opponent into a turnover. I thought Ritchie was solid along the wall and in front of the net but where I tend to judge players the most is playoff performance and what we saw was a guy who, when the ice got smaller, the pace quicker, he simply couldn`t keep up

If Foligno puts up 30 pts for this fan, major icing on the cake

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Panthers vs lightning game is insane

I cannot remember ever looking forward to watching a couple pre-season games that didn't involve the Bruins, but the final two pre-season games with these two teams facing each other should be fun. Will be interesting to see who the coaches put on the ice, knowing full well there could be some attempts to hurt players. Last season's playoff series between FLA/TB was entertaining. I'm guessing every regular season game this year will be worth watching. Now that FLA is legit good this rivalry is going to be one of the best in hockey.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
nothing Kane does surprises me, there`s a big part of me that wishes he gets help for whatever it is that ails him

He needs help, but he needs to take the first step and help himself. What ails him is his arrogance and entitlement he feels he has. He is so unlike the majority of professional Hockey players who show humility and class, which is what makes me love the sport, and less guys like Kane makes the sport better.
KANENENEfdsfafs.jpg
kane-money.jpg

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Foligno brings so much more to the table than Ritchie ever thought of, even if he doesn't get on the score sheet.

again,,, there was what maybe 20,000 posts on the UFA period and leading up and not one person said “nick foligno is a guy we need to get”.

What does he bring more of? Leadership? Big deal. The last older UFA we signed couldn’t even make the lineup in the biggest Bruins games in eight years.

not trying to intentionally rag on him but Foligno is already hugely overrated here

Reactions: EverettMike

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
again,,, there was what maybe 20,000 posts on the UFA period and leading up and not one person said “nick foligno is a guy we need to get”.

What does he bring more of? Leadership? Big deal. The last older UFA we signed couldn’t even make the lineup in the biggest Bruins games in eight years.

not trying to intentionally rag on him but Foligno is already hugely overrated here

Over they years there were many post that mentioned Foligno and if your truly bored you can scour through mine and your sure to fine one, but I really don't see how that's relevant in comparing him to Ritchie. Lol.

Answering your next question, yes a lot of leadership that's unquestionable but it goes way beyond that. Add in Passion, Intensity, reliable defense play, Loyalty defending teammates at no cost by always having their back and not turning the other cheek as long as it wasn't him who they took liberties on, saw way too much of that from Ritchie. Foligno can play all three forward positions, Kill penalties, be on the ice in the final minutes of the game defending a lead. All areas Ritchie would be planted on the bench where he should be. Its not even close IMO.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

He isn't a downgrade from Ritchie. I was a Nick supporter most of last season and I think he's a decent enough player, but I was disappointed in how he faded off badly and did not bring his A game to the playoffs where it would have been really helpful. I will say this about Foligno as well: he is better than most of what we had in the bottom 6 last year. I'd rather him out there over Kuhlman, JDB the way he was playing, Wagner, Kuraly, Blidh, Frederic, Lindholm, and yes probably Ritchie in slug mode like he finished the year. Whatever you think about Foligno's salary, you have to admit he is a better option that most on that list there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad