NHL Out Of Town Thread: Eichel stripped of Captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Some interesting "legends" in that game...

Phaneuf :laugh:

Old friends Samsonov and Rolston playing. And Gagne.

Graeme Townshend "Legend" has some new meaning I am unaware of? I liked Graeme but Legend is pushing it.

Reactions: TCB

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Ritchie is still young and can improve, but his problem has never been his skill. It's his ability to keep up with the game when the pace picks up where he becomes more of a liability than a positive.

With all the opportunity he receives in ice time and skill he will produce. But when the pace picks up and he can't keep up, he's hard to even use in a 4th line role if he doesn't improve.

Reactions: Blowfish and Root

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Ritchie is still young and can improve, but his problem has never been his skill. It's his ability to keep up with the game when the pace picks up where he becomes more of a liability than a positive.

With all the opportunity he receives in ice time and skill he will produce. But when the pace picks up and he can't keep up, he's hard to even use in a 4th line role if he doesn't improve.
He has trouble with playoff pace but I don’t think they’ll have to worry much about that.

Reactions: Blowfish and DBL84

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Funny how this fan base works. When Ritchie was a Bruin everyone was going for his throat but now that he’s gone everyone thinks he’s great lol. He scored two goals in a preseason game against an AHL calibre goaltender… big deal… Let’s see what he does come playoff time. He won’t be able to keep up with the pace of the play. He hasn’t stood out to me at all this game.

Reactions: Blowfish and DBL84

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Funny how this fan base works. When Ritchie was a Bruin everyone was going for his throat but now that he’s gone everyone thinks he’s great lol. He scored two goals in a preseason game against an AHL calibre goaltender… big deal… Let’s see what he does come playoff time. He won’t be able to keep up with the pace of the play. He hasn’t stood out to me at all this game.

If Foligno can match Ritchies stat line from last year people will be doing back flips. Guy finsihed 4th on the team in goals last year ffs...

Root

Feb 22, 2010

What are you talking about? There were plenty of Bruins fans on here that supported Nick Ritchie last season. I was one of them.

Reactions: jgatie and sarge88

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
If Foligno can match Ritchies stat line from last year people will be doing back flips. Guy finsihed 4th on the team in goals last year ffs...
I don’t expect 15 goals from Foligno. What I expect is a guy who’s going to give it his all every single shift and play like he gives a damn. Ritchie can score 30 goals for all I care I’m glad he’s no longer a Bruin because he was an anchor for any line he played on.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
1st in hits among Bs forwards as well. People complain about secondary scoring and lack of hitting from the Bs, yet Nick was the Bs top secondary goal scorer and top forward in hits. I get why the Bs didn't bring him back and he's gone now so whatever, but he definitely brings some good things to the ice. He's worth the $2.5 mil cap hit for Toronto.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
What are you talking about? There were plenty of Bruins fans on here that supported Nick Ritchie last season. I was one of them.
I supported Nick too until he had another abysmal playoffs. He’s only 25 who knows what can happen from here on out but it was a good decision to move on from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad