95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The Oilers reached rock bottom vs SJ. Statement game for them great comeback

1000003414.jpg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
So if either Detroit or Washington wins their last game, the Pens are out.

Again this year they had their fate in their hands, at least they lost to a good team the other night against Boston but it will be another long summer for Sid & the boys. They are the oldest team in the league, is this the off season they start changing up the core?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
All 4 teams vying for play-off spots in East won today.

NYI clinched with a 4-1 win over NJD.
Washington beat Boston 2-0
Pittsburgh beat Nashville 4-2
Detroit beat Montreal 5-4 (OT).

Philadelphia was eliminated tonight. Washington is already at 89 pts & they hold tie breaker against Philadelphia. Philadelphia's maximum is 89 points.

For Detroit to make playoffs they need to beat Montreal and hope Washington loses in regulation or OT/SO to Philadelphia. If that happens, Detroit clinches.

If Detroit loses to Montreal, they're out.

If they pick up one point, and Washington loses in regulation, they're not eliminated nor do they clinch. They'll have to wait til Wednesday to see what happens with Pittsburgh @ NYI game. Pens would get in the playoffs with 2 points.

If both Detroit and Washington pick up a point, Detroit is eliminated and Caps are waiting on that Penguins game.

It's coming down to the final games for that last spot.
Islanders going 7-0 to finish season great story. Roy getting hot at right time of year.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I don't know why for whatever reasons I thought LA and Nashville wouldn't make the playoffs and thought they have had terribles seasons then I look at their point total 97 and 99. I don't know why I thought that. Not too ago I kept hearing Luc and Blake were doing a crappy job and how it would take time for Trotz to rebuild the Preds. And then I see this. Did they both go on a crazy winning spur?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I don't know why for whatever reasons I thought LA and Nashville wouldn't make the playoffs and thought they have had terribles seasons then I look at their point total 97 and 99. I don't know why I thought that. Not too ago I kept hearing Luc and Blake were doing a crappy job and how it would take time for Trotz to rebuild the Preds. And then I see this. Did they both go on a crazy winning spur?
Not sure about Nashville but right after LAK dog-walked the Habs, they stumbled and tumbled big time, losing 4 of their next 6 and shortly thereafter lost 14 of their next 16 matches. The coach got fired and the wins came back.

Reactions: Kimota

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
Nashville had 18 games in a row with a point, most of them wins. They were pretty meh before that, IMO.

Reactions: Kimota

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Allen and DeSmith were in the bargain bin missed opportunity for Buffalo

That being said I love their Byram trade they should be good next year if TT can get back on track as a 90pts player.

Reactions: zeeto

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
“Just watch him develop under a real coach in Brind’Amour”….
I didn't like how he was developed here. As usual, we f***ed around with a prospect and he didn't produce.

However, I fully expected him to produce in Carolina. And it seems as though he was given every opportunity there. We knew he was a bit of a reach but the center position seemed to justify it - until it didn't. :laugh:

Our Kopitar did not come to fruition. Too bad, I was hoping he'd do well. But he's been given every chance over there. Amazing he he hasn't seem to have progressed much.

Wrong pick. Esp with Tkachuk and Hughes out there...

Reactions: Paddyjack

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
tonight is nostrils night
TSN and SN all have a fuzzy warm glow over tonight
It would be so awesome if he stayed at 69 goals. Another disappointment in leafland. Literally, the media here cares more about this than the playoffs lol. They know what is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad